Pitbull Shocked By LiLo Lawsuit

I Was Trying to Keep Her Relevant

8/25/2011 10:05 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Rapper Pitbull thinks Lindsay Lohan should be thanking him -- not suing him -- for including her name in his hit song, "Give Me Everything" ... claiming he thought the shout-out would HELP her career.

Pitbull went into serious mode during an interview for his official fansite -- wearing a suit and tie -- and said, "I was very surprised when I found out about the lawsuit ... at first I read it and I thought, 'This has got to be a joke.'"

As TMZ first reported, Lohan filed the suit last week -- claiming the rapper wrongfully used her name for commercial gain by using the lyric, "I got it locked up like Lindsay Lohan" in the song.

The rapper says he supports Lindsay's career -- adding, "In no way shape or form would I wanna bring that on anyone ... I didn't look to defamate [sic], degrade or hurt someone's career."

"For me mentioning it ... on the number one record in the world ... I thought it would be helping someone's career and keeping them relevant."

He concluded by inviting Lindsay to be his guest at the upcoming MTV VMAs. So far, no word if he's received a response.

Yvonne

Lindsay and her mother are looking for a payday. Lindsay is no longer relevantand I guess in need of money.

Ernest De Brew

If I was Pitbull, I would not pay Lindsay Lohan any mind. She has serious problems.

If you know how someone is by reading or hearing from others, follow your instincts.

Lindsay is who she is. She is not really going to change. The same thing with some other people too.

Icebull

Not suing for defamation. Pay attention. Being sued for using her name for commercial gain without permission or money for her.

Melissa Delaney

Okay so she's mad about this, but....has she ever seen family guy? I mean, my god, they mercilessly make fun of her all the friggin time! God, grow up Lindsey! get a sense of humor!

Jen

WHAT?! You've got to be kidding me! This spoiled rotten little sh*t... its a song get over it!! Causing damages.. girlfriend has done enough damage on her own! Then he invites her to the VMAs? Stay home Lilo!

ilovegossip

For those that are saying she's suing for using her name without compensation... According to TMZ here is the wording in the lawsuit:
"the lyrics, by virtue of its wide appeal, condemnation, excoriation, disparaging or defamatory statements by the defendants about the plaintiff are destined to do irreparable harm to the plaintiff."

for real stop playing

he always wears a suit (it's a good look)....
he needs to countersue her for wasting his time
and she needs to stop it.... its artistic expression
campbell soup didn't sue andy warhol...does harvey think she has a chance at winning ?(doubt it)

WILL

yeah *******! how about you mention Selena Qintanilla! i bet that record would shoot to # 1

rockpollita

I don't get it... why didn't she sue Eminem? He mentioned her in his song & had a chick who looked like her in his video "We made you"

sunshinerad

LMFAO. "I was trying to keep her relevant." AHAHAHA.

Rogue Warrior

I don't H8 Lindsay as I think everyone deserves forgiveness and multiple chances, however I can see how the H8rs are so done with her. Lindsay and Dilo's behaviors are extremely hard to separate because Lindsay has such an "appreciation" for her mom. If Lindsay doesn't rid herself of that "disease", I will begin to H8 on her as well. As an adult, we can make choices and they're allowed to be different than your parents or MOM in this case. She's seen where her guidance has lead her to date, doesn't she think it's time to right her OWN ship???

If I was her manager, my foot would be squarely up her ass instead of my mouth kissing it like everyone else.

Peace Out!

marknyc

why is that such a "surprise"? in the show biz that's how things work: you use? you pay. It's not like this guy does something else for a living.. he knows.

right?

right.

TMZISAPIECEOFSHIT

ROFLMAO! Keep her relevant? Charity starts at home my Brotha...You might want to start with yourself!!

Seymour Brighton

Lindsay has always proven that she is the OPPOSITE of smart, as her career and life has demonstrated since she became an adult.

richard