Pitbull Shocked By LiLo Lawsuit

I Was Trying to Keep Her Relevant

8/25/2011 10:05 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Rapper Pitbull thinks Lindsay Lohan should be thanking him -- not suing him -- for including her name in his hit song, "Give Me Everything" ... claiming he thought the shout-out would HELP her career.

Pitbull went into serious mode during an interview for his official fansite -- wearing a suit and tie -- and said, "I was very surprised when I found out about the lawsuit ... at first I read it and I thought, 'This has got to be a joke.'"

As TMZ first reported, Lohan filed the suit last week -- claiming the rapper wrongfully used her name for commercial gain by using the lyric, "I got it locked up like Lindsay Lohan" in the song.

The rapper says he supports Lindsay's career -- adding, "In no way shape or form would I wanna bring that on anyone ... I didn't look to defamate [sic], degrade or hurt someone's career."

"For me mentioning it ... on the number one record in the world ... I thought it would be helping someone's career and keeping them relevant."

He concluded by inviting Lindsay to be his guest at the upcoming MTV VMAs. So far, no word if he's received a response.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

MyOpinionOnly

Hahahahahaha! That's too f'n funny! Sorry Pitbull, but this stupid chick will never be relevant due to her own actions destroying what's left of her career. No one takes her seriously anymore or has any faith/trust in her. She's toast. Loved the line it the song though and don't worry...judge will toss this out once he looks at the name of the Accuser and says "who again?" LOL!!!!!

Blood Red Witch

Being nice to Lilo will just come back to bite you in the a$$. He is still trying..............

Shawn

"Her career" lol thats hilarious.

Carl

I don't see how she could win this one. His lyric about her is completely true. She was locked up. You can only win a defamation suit if someone is saying something untrue about you.

Rogue Warrior

I really hope this was all her mothers doing???? Because if Linds is really behind this, her and I need to talk prior to our rendezvous with Amanda Knox and Casey Anthony!

Kathy

I think they both hatched this idea for mutual publicity. Never heard of this guy. But that doesn't mean he's not a famous star.

Buckaroobonzai

I don't get it... It's not defamation if he is commenting on true events

Steelers suck

And she wonders why no one wants anything to do with her anymore!

Blood Red Witch

Pitbull is too nice for his own good. I hope this turns out well for him. Run Pitbull Run!

jen

F lohan, looks like she needs money again and will "take an out of court settlement"....she's doing it to keep in the tabloids knowing everyone could care less about her...freak.

Please!

I have no idea who this fool is but I'm sure he had her best interest when writing the lyrics. lol
Just admit it,that you needed to rhyme a few words and thought it would grab attention. You lie and very badly I might add.

jack-55d79

That's really magnanimous of him. The way this works is that it will go through his record company. It's not like suing someone who has self published. So while the headline is that she's suing Pitbull it just doesn't work that way, not as straightforward. And the people she's suing have major clout in terms of Hollywood and the entertainment industry. If I were her I'd drop it. It's a really dumb case and she's really lucky he's been generous about it. Many people who were effectively, whether intended or not, attacked in such a way would go for the throat. Lawyers acting on his record companies behalf will not be as kind.

MoonDust

TMZ, he always wears suits, very tight fitted suits with a huge bulge, just throwing it out there lol

Jackie

Hmm!!...So i guess Eminem should get sued for all his vids of making fun to other celebs. I hope Pitbull u learned your lesson..keep your nose out of others biz.

Pompano Ann

After she chases everyone aways from her and Hollywood has nothing to do with her; she'll long for days like this. I still think the comments from the Wedding are funny "she looked like a Housewife trying to look 20!"

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments