Hilary Duff

Banked $100,000

For NOT Appearing in Movie

8/29/2011 5:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0825_duff_EX_01

A preggo Hilary Duff scored a GIANT golden parachute after getting dumped from the new "Bonnie and Clyde" movie -- a severance deal worth $100,000 ... all for doing nothing.

Sources close to production tell TMZ, it's all in Hilary's play-or-pay contract -- if for some reason, production decides to terminate the actress' employment ... they'll cough up the six-figure sum to compensate her.

As we previously reported, Duff was dropped from the flick after she got knocked up.

We're told the search is still on for a Bonnie replacement -- Amanda Seyfried was approached to fill the role ... but she turned it down.

Over the weekend, Duff was volunteering at the Los Angeles Mission’s 75th End Of Summer Block Party -- when we asked about the situation.

Duff told TMZ, "I dont wanna give them any more press than they've already gotten off me ... I think [my] baby is a little bit more exciting."

coco

They should replace her with that old lady - Jennifer Aniston

The Real JJ

I remember when I was younger she was on Disney channel along with Brenda song. Now theyre both preggo plus Beyonce too. The world is coming to an end.

Prestonnnnnn

"I dont wanna give them any more press than they've already gotten off me"

Silly me. I missed the memo where Hilary Duff's name was the "Midas Touch" of the film industry.

Strokadellic

Honestly....I thought she was dead and then I realized I was confusing her with Brittany Murphy. I also think that's totally understandable and that I'm probably not the first person to do it. Anyway, congratulations on earning far more cash than you probably should have ever earned in your lifetime. And Boyonce's baby is going to be ugly...or a man...or both.

two cents

She's awfully full of herself, isn't she? She's knocked up. Big frggin' deal. Nobody cares except for her.

magmax

This has given Lindsay Lohan a new idea for a career path - get paid not be in a movie.

Noel

Duff’s very anti-drama and chill, what’d ya expect? Not a sue someone for saying the name. TMZ, you were bothering her at a homeless shelter? Her ehhh expression made me laugh. I'm surprised she answered. She obviously does not want to say anything of the crappy film. Would you if you had to keep putting your schedule off for it ,reading this movie will be completed each year for 4 yrs lack of funding isn't only prob bahah and then they don't accommodate you back? After, 2 drop reports fake/real as news. Anyway I will take the 100k she doesn't need it. No wonder these celebs are always seen shopping it up.

P.S. Photo of Jobs is wrong! Low. /Harv -z:/

Scruples = -2

PaulWS

She was a horrible choice for the movie anyway.. so is Amanda Seyfried .. who is casting this?

Sloane

a drop in the bucket compared to what Conan got for NOT doing the Tonight Show--how many millions did he get????

Criss

I've been not appearing in movies my whole life! When's I gonna get paid!?

Jackie

She can't act and neither can she sing.

Hep

"a severance deal worth $100,000 ... all for doing nothing."
Oh, she did something, alright. How else would she get pregnant?

Ffafffrr

Who the **** is this bitch? Why is she acting like anyone cares about her? You are pregnant big ******* deal it happens all the time you aren't as special as you think.

Max

"I don't want to give them any more press...." ?????

She's on the ignore-all list from now on. Please, you just paid for your baby's birth and first few years and all you did was screw up a production schedule and hundreds of people's lives. What an inconsiderate, entitled, arrogant cow.

tt

I love her. She isn't a drunk, drug addict, or a PIG She is clean-cut!!! We need more people like her to influence our children the right way.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments