Lindsay Lohan

Not Biting on

Pitbull Apology or Invite

8/26/2011 5:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0825_lilo_pitbull_getty_EXPitbull's not getting out of Lindsay Lohan's legal doghouse -- because she's blowing off his apology for using her name in a song ... and rejecting his invitation to the MTV VMAs.

Lilo recently sued Pit because his song "Give Me Everything" includes a lyric she feels disparages her name.

On Wednesday, Pitbull taped an apology (below) ... claiming he meant no harm, and invited Lindsay to join him at the VMAs this weekend -- where he's scheduled to perform the song.

Sources close to Lindsay tell us she has no interest in going to the VMAs -- and Pitbull's apology has no impact on the lawsuit ... it's moving forward.

Ruff.

Bob Eiser

I knew when I saw the Pit video the man has class! What does the response say? YMMV

Delmar

Michael Jr. is back in NY. He tweeted he made it back before the hurricane. Good luck to everyone that has to deal with it today.

Vinsetta

Seriously, what is there to like about the former Mean Girls star?

Easy tiger! Lindsay Lohan has another 'amazing, introspective' Marilyn Monroe moment as she tweets new photo
By CHRIS JOHNSON
Last updated at 12:48 PM on 27th August 2011

Comments (19)
Add to My Stories
Lindsay Lohan has tweeted a picture of herself, posing in the style of Hollywood starlet Marilyn Monroe.
It seems the 25-year-old actress really is trying to portray herself as a modern day version of the tragic icon.
After comparing herself to Monroe in the foreword to a new book, Lohan has now gone on a Twitter offensive.

Check me out: Lindsay Lohan poses in the style of Marilyn Monroe and tweets the picture to her fans

Gushing: She described the photoshoot as being an 'amazing, introspective' moment for her
She posted a picture of herself sporting a blonde wig reminiscent of the Some Like It Hot actress, lounging in a chair and smouldering into the camera.
In the background, a model tiger is in view while Lindsay flashes her legs by pulling up her dress.

Troubled star: Lindsay, pictured here earlier this month, says she identifies with Marilyn Monroe
She tweeted an accompanying message: '@joycebonelli shoot..... the most amazing, introspective experience. #bestmakeupartist ever along the lines of the saint #paulstar.'
Lindsay has long admired Monroe and in 2008 recreated Monroe's The Last Sitting for New York Magazine.
And in the foreword to Susan Bernard's new book Marilyn: Intimate Exposures, Lindsay discusses the blonde bombshell and how she relates to her.
She said: 'Marilyn was the beautiful bad girl in that tight, rose-coloured dress. The character she played was strong and taking control, which I unconsciously knew at that young age [12] was a necessary quality for a woman.
'I can understand the photographer Bernard of Hollywood's [Bruno Bernard] statement, "it took a superhuman effort to be Marilyn." I identify.'
But Lohan didn't stop there when it come to drawing the similarities between herself and Monroe.
The Mean Girls star added: 'People in their mind have created who I am and act as if there is no real person inside of me. Just like Marilyn.
'Marilyn never wanted to be just a celebrity. Neither do I... I had always thought that movie stars were in films that would last forever in your mind. But now the films don't. I don't want to be remembered as someone who just wanted to be photographed, who goes out at night, and gets in trouble.'

No. 1 fan: The actress paid homage to Monroe in New York Magazine in 2008

Original: Monroe's Monroe's The Last Sitting in 1962 - she was found dead from an apparent drugs overdose just six weeks later
Just like Monroe, Lindsay wants to be known for her talent rather than her troubled personal life.
She continued: 'Heath Ledger once said to me, 'It's built you up to knock you down and that's all it is.'
'Marilyn said she had no foundation. But she said she was really working on it. I've been trying to do the same thing...I believe in myself and I'm a good actress.'
Monroe was found dead from an apparent drugs overdose in 1962.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2030589/Lindsay-Lohan-Marilyn-Monroe-moment-tweets-new-photo.html#ixzz1WELfxxbk

Rogue Warrior

Lindsay should contact Michael Vick and ask him how he was able to come back to the NFL after 2 years in Prison. She could learn an awful lot by studying him and the drastic changes he HAD to make in his life to be where he's at today! He had TD as a mentor who is LIGHT YEARS away from Dilo with regards to what is right and wrong. Let me guess, Lindsays management team are all women who Lindsay can very easily manipulate..... Not saying women aren't fit for the job, just remember Lindsay had a choice in those picked.

Rogue Warrior

"But either [way], I said, 'You know what? Performing it at the VMAs, [I] would like to invite her out,' " he continued. "And anybody who knows my reputation [knows I] don't do no publicity stunts. I'm not really about none of that. ... So I said it, I meant it, and if she takes it, great. If she doesn't, cool. But she will have her tickets at will call."

Pitbull didn't stop there: If (or when) Lohan picks up her tickets, he hopes she'll join him onstage for his performance of "Everything." Maybe she could even rap the offending line.

"That would be great, to be honest with you," he laughed. "That might just throw Lindsay Lohan through the roof. People would love her if she did that! But then again, that's just my two cents on her PR team and what they should be doing."

ed

Lindsy you talentless whore please crawl back under your rock, your 15 minutes of fame were used up years ago.

crackhead

he shouldnt apologize shes a stupid bitch she was in jail she was locked up the the lawsuit is crap eminem 50 cent they diss everyone no one sued them and eminem did diss her before

Salty

Is She Retarded?? Alot of Singers mention her in their songs! What makes Pitbull so Different??
Im CONVINCED This woman just LOVES Drama in her life.

Clintonv

Its all about MONEY...she is BROKE and looking for some quick CA$H...Nobody wants to employ her...she is trash, and has low self-esteem

Andy

guess she missed akon's "burn that bridge" lol................

Vinsetta

I have to agree with ILG. She is dying to go the VMA's. I wouldn't be surprised to see her show up. She can wear her 1000 dollar Hermes belt.

andyconda

the VMAs are a big deal. for the mean girls star,(had to say that)..wonder if she was invited to go..that would be kind of an insult if pitbull was offering her tickets,because she cant get her own...and lately all these concerts, even the charity one has been free for the balding bombsmell

ilovegossip

Wow, the blurb on Steve Jobs has over 2000 comments! Lindsay has a rival...

Red Cloud

Non-fans are missing the point about Twitter followers. In the EXTREMELY UNLIKELY event that she actually is buying followers, fact is, they're staying!!!! They could easily REFUSE to follow Lindsay Lohan. But they stay!!! Stands to reason they have the option to refuse. They stay!!! What does that tell you?????

If you drink, don't drive. Leave the driving to the sober.

gone, gone, gone......

Blood Red Witch

Hoping all our East Coast posters are safe. First earthquakes, Irene and in NY and Jersey - tornados. Stay safe all!