Mel Gibson vs. Oksana Grigorieva

TRUCE!!!

8/27/2011 7:15 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0812-mel-g-oksana-grig-BN

Mel Gibson and Oksana Grigorieva have finally settled their custody war.

After days of negotiations at the downtown L.A. courthouse, the court announced that the former lovebirds turned mortal enemies struck a deal.

Sources say the agreement covers custody of Lucia, as well as support.  As we first reported, Oksana was asking for enormous sums of money, but we're told her demands just didn't fly.

Hmmm

What a skank. Women like her should be prosecuted for entrapment. Pierce Brosnen probably threw her to Mel like a hot potato. Women like her don't really care what they put their children through. It's all about the money.

Shuffle Demon

I doubt old OxSanity go0t a whole lot more than what was in the agreement. Judge Gordon didn't seem to be swaying from the agreement too much, I am sure more of the details will leak out..... T6his OxSanity we are talking about , so we all know she will leak the details out so she can see her name in the papaer at least a couple more times before the last minute of her 15 runs out!

Firefly

Back home in Ukraine she is a BIG loser. She is an embarrassment to her fellow school mates from the International House of Gold Diggers. She can't go back even if she wanted to for she is a pariah back in her homeland as well as here. They will have tapes showing the up and coming gold diggers what not to do when extorting potential prey. If she is smart (which we know she is not) she would take what the courts give her which will be quite enough to keep her comfortable at least until Lucia turns eighteen. Then Lucia will join the long list of people that turn their backs on the pariah and make Ox for once in her life pay her own way. I wish Ox had secretly taped the proceedings so that we could at least hear her implode.

Pablo

Here's some PRICELESS advice for ANYONE. Don't date eastern block women. Don't marry them. Don't have children with them. Take my word for it. The way they get what they want is to 'make the man look like the victimizer.' Most eastern block ladies sick in their heads with an unworthy sense of entitlement! You made TMZ, honey bunch, do you like this? It's horrible that he knocked her teeth out. I wish he had left instead when he had the urge to do that, but you know what? These women from the eastern block are skilled at pushing buttons. I bet you I could piss almost anyone off to the point where they attack me if I put my mind to it. I wouldn't, but I'm just saying. I don't buy that Mel is such a bad guy as she made him out to be FOR A SECOND! Do I trust Jodie Foster or an Eastern Block lady??? JODIE's a lady and I'll take 'her' word for it! Thank you to Jodie for standing up for Mel. :(

Pablo

Here's some PRICELESS advice for ANYONE. Don't date eastern block women. Don't marry them. Don't have children with them. Take my word for it. Sure, they may be pretty, so hire them in a brothel instead because that's what most of them are good for. I apologize to women in general for saying this, but take my advice. Their sick in their heads with an unworthy sense of entitlement! You made TMZ, honey bunch, do you like this? It's horrible that he knocked her teeth out. I wish he had left instead when he had the urge to do that, but you know what? These women from the eastern block are skilled at pushing buttons. I bet you I could piss almost anyone off to the point where they attack me if I put my mind to it. I wouldn't, but I'm just saying. :(

Sam

Who gives a ****, who gives a F?

middleagedcrazy

Heyo all folks of good will !!! Have some sparklies * + * + *

What is this about a new judge? Where did that one come from?

Seems to me that enforcement provisions in the previous agreements were very clear, so is anybody taking Vegas odds on this new 'agreement' being even remotely honored?

Okay, my guess is 90% against the new 'agreement' being honored. Open the table now for bets.

Tee hee

Belinda

Hi MAC

Wondering if there is a new judge because Judge Gordon took part in the mediation and maybe a judge can’t mediate and be the judge at the same time?

As far as Oksana not honouring the new agreement, I certainly hope they put measures in place so NOT to have a repeat of the last time

mama9

It's hard to honour a settlement when you have no honour. I don't think she even knows what it means.

constantpeace

Since this is being mediated at the request of the court and not privately, can she be held in contempt if she does not comply?

And a BIG hello to all the old returning posters. You have been missed (at least by me).

Belinda

Anyway if I was Judge Gordon, I would have had Oksana solemnly swear with her left hand on a stack of every holy book in existence, with her right well above her head and with a team of court stenographers recording it and have it videotaped.

Frieda

This bitch shouldn't be getting a penny. She is stealing her own daughter's money. I hope the settlement included her going back to Russia for good (one can dream).

WinsomeLady

Radar wrote the following in one paragraph, but I see 3 separate issues:

1) "The terms and conditions of the settlement will be set for hearing on Wed., Aug. 31, 2011... (...are from Radar)

2) Matters concerning the civil financial agreement will be heard in open court before Judge Peter D. Lichtman.

3) Custody issues will be heard in a closed session," the statement says.

A civil financial agreement is not a part of family court; perhaps that is why a different judge is named.

fuddyduddy

Special hello to Belinda and Kelly81! So nice to see your posts, and Constantpeace! :)

I would put more faith into what TMZ has stated rather than ROL. I think this is a matter concerning Lucia and custody, visitation, and child support. School was apparently another sticking point in this mess.

I don't think there is money for OG. Mel stated himself that he did not accept any liability whenn he entered his West Plea.

I think that the term 'civil' in this case just means as opposed to 'criminal.' Family law is a part of civil law; it's not criminal law or business law -- it's a civil matter just like marriage is considered a civil union. That's my take on it anyway.

The mediated agreement stated that matter should go to mediation before ever going before a court for a ruling. Even CA law states that matters need to go before mediation before they are contested in court.

When OG dropped her claims of DV against Mel in the child custody matter, essentially giving up her entire argument to change custody, etc., then what would she have gone to court over and argued before the judge? It had to go to mediation. That's why I have stated that all of the time and money spent on depositions, hearings, etc. were a waste because they can't be used in mediation.

I think that there is a different judge because the mediated agreement called for a Judge Black, I believe, to be the judge that matters went to for a decision in mediation before going to court. Maybe Judge Black wasn't available or has retired or moved to another court or something, and that's why this judge was assigned. I don't read anything into this at all.

fuddyduddy

Hello, Winsome Lady! I can't seem to reply to your reply, so I'll just post here to you.

Yes, I agree with you and I'm glad this is over for Mel and his family. It's been difficult, I'm sure. Going through a contentious custody battle is difficult enough, but having it played out in the public has to be really difficult.

Just like Belinda stated, I really think that OG was mad that she wasn't Mrs. Gibson #2. And all the while she was recording Mel she knew it. I think she summed it up in that one sentence, 'Someday you're gonna pay.' I think that was the whole motive with the tapes. Well, I am happy that her scheme backfired on her big time.