Russell Armstrong

Business Associate Commits Suicide

24 Hours After Hanging

8/27/2011 11:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0826_russell_armstron_alan_schram_ex

Russell Armstrong
's friend and business associate committed suicide the day after Russell's body was found hanging from a beam in his bedroom ... TMZ has learned.

Alan Schram -- the managing partner of Wellcap, an L.A-based hedge fund -- was found on August 16 outside of his car on Mulholland Drive with a gunshot to his head.  The L.A. County Coroner concluded Schram's death was a suicide.

Alan was connected with an exclusive group called Tiger 21 -- a organization of high net-worth folk who jawbone with each other about investments ... and we're told Russell Armstrong was a member of Tiger 21, even though he was clearly having money trouble.

We're also told they became friends, and during Russell's memorial, Taylor and some of the other "Real Housewives of Beverly Hills" were talking about how shocked they were that the two men killed themselves -- possibly a day apart.

As we previously reported, Russell, who did not leave a suicide note, was in deep distress over money problems.  As for Alan, he also did not leave a note, and his money situation is unclear.

Previous 15 Comments | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11

HardRock

cali...do you post anywhere else so we can pool info?

Cujeaux

I wonder how much Bravo is paying Kyle and Mauricio to house Shana. Under normal cir****tances Kyle would never allow another woman living under her roof. The plot thickens.

HardRock

Seriously, tmz...u haven't changed a bit.

Liz

I agree; I think they were gay lovers. It's too coincidental. That may be the real reason behind the divorce.

NJ GRL

Def sounds like these two men were murdered because of their bad business dealings or dealing with the wrong people (maybe owing the mafia money). It is highly suspicious that they killed themselves on the same street, within 24 hours of each other and both without notes. I don't think they were gay lovers at all, I think they messed with the wrong people.

Reyah

Secret Lovers! How does the song go?

p calvano

There is a huge correlation between hanging death and sexual issues. I agree I think the two men were involved sexually..no matter the case. It is sad and a child is involved who lost her dad.

Lyn

I should have taken on a career as an investigator; I misssed my calling. It is obvious that two business partners that allegedly committed suicide within 24 hours of each other were murdered! Professional hit men can certainly stage a crime to make it look like they were suicides. There is no way that Russell would have taken his life in just a T-shirt, shorts and socks! Someone must have entered Russell's home while he was preparing to get dressed to go to that business luncheon where he didn't show up. Also, Alan's body was found outside of his car with a bullet wound to his head?? Most people would kill themselves inside of the car. From day one of reports that Russell committed suicide and the way they found him I immediately felt that he was murdered. I agree with Flamingo's comments who said that hits were placed on both of these mens lives. The Bible states: "You live by the sword; you die by the sword."! It doesn't pay to do bad business dealings and steal from people. The result is death!! My prayers go out to his family and children, who are suffering the most now and for many years to come.

Stephen a Dixon

I think something is beginning to smell of payback!Both left no notes? they belong to a group that meets over investments and both having money problems? maybe it was somebody elses money thay had problems with.I once picked up the body of a 16 year old girl for a funeral home who was shot behind the ear and duck taped behind her was her hands but ruled a suicide!!

FanFare

How bizarre! Was it something in the water?

Pam

Doesn't anyone think this is wayyyy to coincidental? Doesn't anyone think Taylor killed these people?!!! Why isn't there a further investigation?!!

NewJerseyNurse

I thought the people insisting Russell was murdered were crazy...but after seeing this, this guy died on the same street Russell committed suicide on...24 hrs later he was FOUND...very very strange...

NewJerseyNurse

Russell aparently killed himself while stayin gat a friends house...how did he know where extension cords were kept??? I don't know where my friends house their extension cords in THEIR houses. The police never found a receipt for the extension cord...check this guys car...this is very strange. Sounds to me like someone wanted Russell dead so waited til the divorce was pending and used that as reason for suicide. Obviously murder. LAPD do your JOBS. You did a horrible job with Michael Jackson. You guys suck.

Previous 15 Comments | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11