Big Brother

Shelly's Family Receives

Death Threats Over Jeff's Eviction

8/29/2011 4:45 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0828_shelly+big_brother_ex_2
"Big Brother" contestant Shelly Moore pissed off America when she voted to evict fan favorite Jeff Schroeder last week -- and now TMZ has learned her family has been receiving death threats from deranged fans because of the move.

Sources close to Shelly tell us ... the reality star's family has received multiple phone calls from people threatening violence ... even making threats against Shelly's 8-year-old daughter.

We're told Shelly's employer has also been receiving harassing phone calls -- demanding the company fire Shelly immediately because of the way she voted on the show.

Sources tell us Shelly's family is preparing to get the FBI involved -- because they're taking the threats VERY seriously.

UPDATE: "Big Brother" Executive Producer Allison Grodner released a statement on Twitter ... saying, "No matter how much you dislike an HG, this is wrong! True BB fans do not try to ruin lives. Please stop!"

lanagirl60

Are you freakin kidding me? I love Jeff as much as the next person (well maybe not as much as some people) but give me a break. This is a GAME SHOW people, nothing more, nothing less. If Jeff would of done what she did people would be cheering him and saying he's the best player ever. Now I am glad that I didn't get to be on the show. These people are fans, they are phanns. Get a life

Jennyy

OMG - Even Jeff and Jordan would not be happy about this. If Jeff knew he would be telling people to knock it off. I didn't want to see him go but it was a game changing move and may have been the only chance to get him out. Jeff knows it. It is a shame that Shelly lied about the whole thing BUT THAT IS PART OF THE GAME. It is also the American way. Just look at all the lies told in the tabloids to destroy others. Look at all the comments of hatred you find from Americans on any message board or in any comment sections. A family of 6 -(4 young children)died in a fire - one of the comments was "they were probably illegals anyway good riddance" Even young kids are totally trashed on line. Look what happened to 13 year old Rebecca Black for making a goofy video. Joan Rivers made jokes about a 12 year old boy because it came out Arnold fooled around on Maria, as if it was the young boys fault. Jersey Shore is the #1 show. Home wrecking whores make millions by screwing big stars then going public, next thing you know they are rich and considered famous. The reputation of American's is that of being school yard bullies. This is just more proof.

Lette411

Jeff and Jordan fans are completely delusional. Cat ladies, get a freaking life. It's a game and I was happy to see Big Jeff the Jerk walk out the door Thursday.

Ria Hogan

im a big brother fan< and really didnt like what shelly did<< but thats the game<< folks should really get a life<< seriously<< smfh<<
$Its,Ria,Bitch$

Janice

Hope you're happy now, Jeff and Jordan fans. And don't say it's a bunch of trouble makers just trying to make you guys look bad. We all know that's a bunch of crap. You guys do that all on your own. There are some real crazies in your group.

pete

i don't know, don't care. it's NOT reality! if i met this woman on the street, i would not know who she is. 'reality tv' is NOT reality.

MJ

This is a game, for goodness sake. She finally did the right thing in playing this game for real, instead of being a shy puppy dog being led around by him. I applaud her.

DebE

Jeff will have no idea about this until show is over. I'm sure he would call the people doing it 'whackos' and say how he is against it.

jessica

I don't think that people should be threatening her family and all. I have yet to read or hear any death threats.. More like her having stolen property. Her threating violence against a house guest who has said she may be pregnant. I have heard she would like to save female house guest the 400 for an abortion and throw something at her stomach.
But don't think that people should be saying things to her family. Also don't think she should be saying such things either.

MooreHateNotOK

I think DH meant..."epitome". Just saying...

azlee

if shelly knew this was going on she would push the red button in an instant! You really can't hate the woman, dislike her play, yeah.

Jennifer

So frustrating that they've tied in the dislike for Shelly to Jeff. My dislike for Shelly is her pious and hypocritical attitude. There's no way to describe her behaviour and unless you watch the Big Brother feeds, you don't even know why she makes everyone so upset. Weeks ago I was posting that she should be the only newbie future All-Star but now really dislike her (not to the level this article describes at all - but dislike her still). For those of you that don'*****ch Big Brother, everyone that dislikes Shelly is not a mega-Jeff and Jordan fan! I personally like Rachel! :)

There's been 13 seasons of Big Brother and never has a housemate had so much hatred from so many people. It's NOT all about Jeff and Jordan!!!

Village

Shelly is one the ugliest people ever to play the game. Like Rachel, she will probably never recover her reputation. She is delusional. BB generally brings out the real in a person, and the real Shelly i*****ed by the whole house. That doesn't happen very often.

Nicky

"Americas Sweethearts" have some pretty crazy fans out there. Personally, my favorite this season was Dani. She brought the most excitement and played hard. (even if one of her moves was to soon)

Lyndsey

She did more than vote out Jeff. And I'm not saying violent threats are okay because this is just a game, but she is taking it to a personal level. Jordan gave up so much for Shelly and when she turned and backstabbed them it was a shock to America, since Jeff & Jordan are so genuinely nice. Shelly also stole Rachel's stuffed dog her mom gave her and has yet to give it back. Really mature.
Still--I'm not saying threats are even CLOSE to okay, I just wanted to clear up that she has done more than vote out someone.