Big Brother

Shelly's Family Receives

Death Threats Over Jeff's Eviction

8/29/2011 4:45 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0828_shelly+big_brother_ex_2
"Big Brother" contestant Shelly Moore pissed off America when she voted to evict fan favorite Jeff Schroeder last week -- and now TMZ has learned her family has been receiving death threats from deranged fans because of the move.

Sources close to Shelly tell us ... the reality star's family has received multiple phone calls from people threatening violence ... even making threats against Shelly's 8-year-old daughter.

We're told Shelly's employer has also been receiving harassing phone calls -- demanding the company fire Shelly immediately because of the way she voted on the show.

Sources tell us Shelly's family is preparing to get the FBI involved -- because they're taking the threats VERY seriously.

UPDATE: "Big Brother" Executive Producer Allison Grodner released a statement on Twitter ... saying, "No matter how much you dislike an HG, this is wrong! True BB fans do not try to ruin lives. Please stop!"

Melisa

It's a game people, A GAME!!!!!!!!!!

Kathy

I am a Big Brother fan, its fun to watch and its a game that everyone playing deserves to play how they want. WTH is wrong with these nutjobs?

stacey

TMZ forgot to report about Rachel thinking she is pregant and Shelly stated that the next comp should be throwing a medicine ball at Rachels stomach to save her $400 on an abortion. I don't agree with the death threat but the hate has nothing to do with Jeff. It is Shelly as a person and her actions that people hate her so bad. If you only watch the tv show you do not see the real people. Check out a blog like bbdish.blogspot.com and see what really goes on in a big brother house.

Kathy

Rabid fans of reality shows are the lowest of the society's mental deficiency group. They are just waiting around for a reason to cause some sort of violence on someone.

Sherelle71

I don't think she should be receiving death threats but I do want to see her get evicted! I was pulling for Shelly because she's from Louisiana like me but after watching the live feeds and seeing how much she lies, cheats, steals and to top the whole thing off she wished that Rachel's unborn baby would die. So, if anyone started with the death threats...look at Shelly!!!
I never said anything until yesterday on Facebook and again now but enough is enough!
Everyone in the house has lied at some point but Shelly just went overboard with the whole "I hope Rachel's unborn baby dies" comment...and that's on video folks!
I think she walks like a man and looks like a tranny but I would never send death threats!

Lori

I must admit when Shelly did that to Jeff and Jordon it pissed me off and I said nasty things about her but come on death threats??? That is absolutley insane and unnessasary. LEAVE HER AND HER FAMILY ALONE! She is getting what she deserves by going home next, and that is ALL she deserves!!!

Kathy

Stacey: Shelly NEVER said that. One of the HG's said we need a comp a pregnant girl can't compete in and another HG said what about rolling a medicine ball on your stomach. Shelly wasn't even part of the convo. And even if she had been anyone threatening someone's life and family over a reality television show needs to be institutionalized.

Rick

Personally, I think Dani made this season. Please don't kill me JJ fans ;)

Misty

Shelly is a dirty nasty player in a GAME. People need to remember to leave her family out of it. Shes playing a really nasty dirty game but that is the roll she plays. Hint: dont sign up to play if you dont want all the garbage that goes along with it, if you play it dishonestly! leave the kid alone, shes innocent & thats just plain sad of people:(

az_barbie66

I don'*****ch this show but if the story is legitimate then people need to get a life. And if someone is truly threatening an 8 year old girl then they need to be thrown in jail. They call this reality TV but let's face it, it is all pretty much orchestrated by the producers.

Kay

For all you people using the " Rachel abortion" defense, what about the time Brendon said it was "Karma" for Britney's (S12) house to get torched? Sorry but I think we're acting like children with the "She's started it" crap

eyeroll

"Stupid is as stupid does."

What morons!

Drynne

Do I agree with Shelley's decision to go against Jeff & Jordan? No, but this is over the top and ridiculous. Some people need to grow up and realize this is a game. Yes, she hurt Jordan badly. But karma will come back to bite her in the rear end, she doesn't deserve death and her family does not deserve harassment or threats. Sheesh.

kromen

That show is still on?

saralinh

I am a fan of this show. Threatening death or harm is unacceptable, uncondonable. Shelly's child has nothing to do with her mother's behavior other than being a victim of her mother's behavior. Just so it is known, the hatred toward Shelly is self-inflicted. It goes beyond her voting for Jeff's eviction. Shelly has been lying and cheating and story-telling her way though this season, running from side to side. All the while espousing the virtues of honesty and integrity, and setting an example for her daughter. Pull her up on YouTube, you'll have a better understanding of it all.

In the meantime, people, no death or harm threats against this family. Shelly will pay enough when she gets out of the house, when she realizes the viewers and fans of the show are not as dumb as apparently she thinks we are. We get you Shelly, and you are not what you believe you are.