JAY-Z

I Refuse to Clap for Chris Brown

8/29/2011 6:20 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

082911_chris_brown_vma_still
It was the standout performance of the MTV VMAs -- Chris Brown dancing his face off -- but while everyone from Kanye to Bieber stood up and cheered ... Jay-Z refused to even crack a smile.

Of course, Jay is the man who discovered Rihanna -- and they're still VERY tight. So, was his decision to NOT clap a message to Brown?  Or is Jay simply too cool for the room?

Amanda

Was that "dancing his face off"? Seems more like a couple of backstage grips "working their a** off" yanking him around. Plus JayZ was nodding slightly at the end. He just doesn't need to make a spectacle of himself like Kayne.

I'm so tired of the hip-hop culture. We're doomed.

Cheryl

I kep*****ching the crowd and only saw stupid, adoring girls smiling and clapping during CB's performance. Jay Z has a new fan today! Good for him.

Truth

I FIND IT IRONIC THAT THE FORMER/CURRENT DRUG PIMP ISNT APPLAUDING THE FORMER/CURRENT FELONY CONVICTED ABUSER. TRUTH!!

jenng

maybe he didn't clap because the "performance" sucked. between the bad lip syncing and the cable assisted "dancing" it was horrible

baovietnam2000

My friend, I have site free advertising for Vietnamese, if you are Vietnamese, u can visit http://www.muaban.im for advertising freely, no limit

emmyanne

He BEAT the **** out of women! enough said!

Christy

Chris Brown is nothing more (or less) than a woman beater period.

drew11

Good for jay-z. chris brown is punk. the only fans he has left are smitten little girls...

Rob

Another lip sync performance by someone who loves himself more than anything else...... it was Lame instead of Fame

drew11

good for jay-z. chris brown is a punk for a lot of reasons. his only remaining fans are smitten little girls...

bunny

Jay Z was too busy trying to use his spiritual mind trick to cut those stupid ropes. Good for Jay Z. I wouldn't have stood up and clapped either.

justagirl

I have complete respect for Jay-Z for not acknowledging Chris Brown. Americans are very forgiving, and in this case, sometimes too forgiving, especially when Chris Brown from day one, has walked around a very arrogant, immature child. I have never witnessed an ounce of humility or genuine remorse for his actions. I don't care how good performer he his..he's still a thug and I don't see that changing anytime soon. Obviously Jay Z has the same read on him. Life is full of sheep, sheepdogs and wolves. Chris Brown certainly is the latter.

LittleBIt

I have respect for anybody who disses this fool! How about dissing that stupid a-hole Kanye too, J. Congrats on the baby.

Sloane

I don't blame Jay Z at all
in my world we don't reward bad behavior- let alone assault on a female..or anyone for that matter!

Joe