"Lost" Star Matthew Fox

Accused of Assaulting Woman

8/29/2011 7:02 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0829_fox_01_EX
Matthew Fox
was detained by cops in Cleveland, Ohio Saturday night after allegedly assaulting a woman outside of a bar ... TMZ has learned.

Law enforcement sources at the scene tell us ... the "Lost" star allegedly tried to enter a party bus -- even though he wasn't a guest on the vehicle.

We're told the woman who was driving the bus tried to block Fox from getting on board -- at which point, he allegedly punched her in the breast and the "stomach area."

Fox was handcuffed by an off-duty officer -- and was later detained by police.

Fox was released without being formally arrested.

An assault report was taken and the matter remains under investigation.

We have not been able to reach Fox for comment.

UPDATE: According to the police report, obtained by TMZ, the woman PUNCHED BACK -- and struck Fox "in the mouth ... causing a cut on his lip."

The woman told police she may have broken her hand during the altercation.

Fox was later released to a friend ... who put the actor into a taxi and accompanied him back to his hotel.

Rabbitt

Taller Ghost Walt told him to do it.

anna

rmchapek08, if your fiance was a witness of it all, why didn't he say anything then? there have been no witnesses to confirm the story yet.

Blue101

She is probably a grade "A" Vagina with a capitol "C"...saw $ and got slugged for trouble. Probably deserved it.

CyndiChainsaW

I just want to know why of all places he's in Cleveland.

GalacticCannibal

Hollywood is infested with dolts, leaches and liars. But there are a few honest people there. They are like 'The needle in a haystack" very hard to find.

GalacticCannibal

Hollywood is filled with dolts , leaches and liars . There are a few honest people there, but like "the needle in a hay stack" very hard to find.

tinkerbell5481

Say it ain't so!

Heather

Ha ha ha! Go girl!

supermom

LOVE how these "stars" get a slap on the wrist-or no consequences at all. If it had been a regular guy he would have been jailed, fined and doing community service. These "stars" are no better than anyone else-just richer/spoiled.

supermom

Never was a fan of his-even on Party of Five. Sounds like anger, booze and bitterness over the lack of a career now

Whocares

He must be a really SHORT douchebag. What an idiot.

Kally

This is a sack of ****. I honestly think Fox has better things to do then punch a white trash woman in the vag.
"I have bruises that i can't show." Pretty convenient Matt likes to punch women in the tits.
What? Your job as a bus driver not giving you enough publicity?

Charles

Did Matthew Fox do this?
If so, Matthew, I have an open offer for 5 rounds, 10 ounce gloves and some humble pie for you! Men shouldn’t hit women...

Has the bus driver lied?
If so, she should face the same punishment that Matthew Fox would face if he was convicted..

To get to the truth:
Before the investigation get’s underway:
There should be state and federal laws that give heavier penalties to either party, if it’s proven that either party lied or willfully steered investigator’s wrong.

bob

I find it very hard to believe that Matthew Fox would do such a thing. First off, I do not believe he would start a physical fight with anyone but especially a woman! During his time on Lost, Matthew Fox was fantastic with his fans and I only wished I could have had the opportunity to meet him. But I am finding this very hard to swallow!

bob