Russell Armstrong

Chilling 911 Call:

'My Friend Just Hanged Himself'

8/30/2011 9:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0829_russell_armstrong_ex_911

TMZ has obtained the 911 call made moments after the body of "Real Housewives of Beverly Hills" star Russell Armstrong was found on August 15 at a friend's home where Russell was staying.

You can hear the caller say, "My friend just hanged himself, do you understand? Come over here and stop asking questions."

As TMZ first reported, Russell's estranged wife Taylor Armstrong was also there when the body was found -- and you can hear the caller console her ... saying, "Come here Taylor, it's alright. It's alright, it's alright." The first words you hear a sobbing Taylor say are, "I need my psychiatrist."

Perhaps the most heartbreaking part is when the caller reveals Russell's 5-year old daughter is also at the house. At one point he says, "Taylor, have your daughter go away please."

The 911 operator asks if Russell is beyond help -- and the caller responds, "No, there's nothing you can do, it's nothing we can do. Just please come as soon as possible."

0816_russell_armstrong_footer

Erin

I have never felt compelled to post on these kinds of sites...however, shame on you for posting this. The world of paparazzi has clearly lost any kind of humanity posting this kind of call. Knowing their 5 year old was there and this was devastating to them is just heartbreaking that you would put this out there. Find some class tmz because I think anything that is left of it is in the sewer.

Muppet

I refuse to listen to this! There is something so wrong with 911 calls being released to the public. Why is it even allowed? Where's the privacy for the people at their worst possible moments in life?

Kelly

DISGUSTING. WHY ARE YOU POSTING THIS?!?! WHAT IS THE POINT?!? ALL YOU HEAR IS THIS WOMAN BREAKING DOWN IN ONE OF THE MOST PAINFUL, VULNERABLE MOMENTS OF HER LIFE. COMPLETELY DISTASTEFUL.

Carlos

did the wife say..'I need my psychiatrist in the background'???...seriously?!?!...go attend to your daughter you loon!!...seems like foul play to me..something doesn't add up.

aggkimmy

I have a real problem, with that 911 operator asking in personal questions. Back on October 7, 2009. I found my grandmother dead after she killed herself. Those are not the questions a 911 operator needs to be asking. That A'hole needs to have more respect. You dont say good luck and ask impersonal things that have nothing to do with him. Those questions are to be asked from the detective who will arrive and question you. Completely and imoraly wrong. Same on him. People who have never been in our situation WILL NEVER KNOW OR UNDERSTAND THE PAIN WE ARE DEALING WITH AT THAT EXACT MOMENT.

KKS

omg... Poor Taylor :'( that was really sad..... & her daughter was there? what a horrible situation... Stay strong Taylor

Marina

groooooss, harvey. you gotta stop posting **** like this. totally inappropriate.

Lesli

I don'*****ch any of the housewive shows, but this story is really awful and illustrates how these shows do not help anyone. As for Taylor - I only know what I read, but she seems to be all about herself. "I need my psychiatrist"? how about "I need to remove my child from this scene before she's traumatized beyond help"? Me, me, me...I, I, I. If she knew they were having money problems but still went and spent $60...,000 on a 4 year old's birthday party she should be horse whipped. Not to mention what she has spent on the god-awful plastic surgery she's had done. I think him hanging himself was a big "eff you" to her for ruining them.

Robyn

That was the saddest thing ever....

CountryGal

Wow so everyone here is so tough and would be all in control after finding their loved one hanging. You have no ******* clue what happens when you find someone you love hanging. She will have PTSD for a long time. So will the guy who was there. ******* morons!

HamptonsHarry

I'd be screaming for my shrink too if I found my wife hanging.

robert h

It's all about herself, just like on the show. "I need my psychiatrist! Waah waah!" Who cares that their 5 year old needs his mom, it's all about her. what a bitc%!

Cujeaux

This is getting more suspicious by the minute. Her cries don't sound genuine and the psychiatrist comment is not in line with something a person in genuine grief and shock would say. It sounds like she was purposely trying to cry into the phone, clinging to him and crying on his shoulder, knowing it would eventually be heard by the public. The sobs start and stop very quickly which sound so fake.

Why did she need this guy to accompany her in the first place? What mother brings her child along in search of her ex-husband esp.considering by that time there was definite suspicion concerning his lack of response? Then she doesn't attend to Kennedy to try to shield her from the scene because she's too busy crying into the phone and has to be told by this guy to get lost? Un-F*ing-believable!

She told the other housewives the day after that she didn't know how she was going to break the news to Kennedy. How on earth would Kennedy not know after witnessing that scene? She's a pathological liar.

I would love to know how Bravo happened upon these 2. It was reported in a story from the LA Times that they were meant to be the 'disaster couple' and if they didn't produce drama in the second season they would be shown the door. I believe it. I also think it's possible that Russell had the ties to getting them on the show, not Taylor. He could have been dealing with Bravo execs through his business and this "Tiger 21" billionaire boys club.

Taylor was probably relieved that he was dead because all of their financial entanglements could be blamed on him. She admitted to pursuing him when they met after he showed little interest. Maybe he thought she was a tranny and it sparked his interest. Either that or he cooked up some plan to use her in one of his ponzi schemes knowing her stupidity made her an easy mark.

I think the coroner suspects something and wanted to interview Taylor to get a read on her. She knew it and tried to stall him as long as possible until he was forced to show up on her doorstep. I think he and the police made a hasty determination concerning the 2 deaths and they know it will be opening a pandora's box in getting to the bottom of it. There are so many people who would have a motive.

Lauren

hearing a 911 call always gives me chills

Jill Conway

I don't care what anyone says/thinks about him, her...that call was heartbreaking.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments