Russell Armstrong

Chilling 911 Call:

'My Friend Just Hanged Himself'

8/30/2011 9:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0829_russell_armstrong_ex_911

TMZ has obtained the 911 call made moments after the body of "Real Housewives of Beverly Hills" star Russell Armstrong was found on August 15 at a friend's home where Russell was staying.

You can hear the caller say, "My friend just hanged himself, do you understand? Come over here and stop asking questions."

As TMZ first reported, Russell's estranged wife Taylor Armstrong was also there when the body was found -- and you can hear the caller console her ... saying, "Come here Taylor, it's alright. It's alright, it's alright." The first words you hear a sobbing Taylor say are, "I need my psychiatrist."

Perhaps the most heartbreaking part is when the caller reveals Russell's 5-year old daughter is also at the house. At one point he says, "Taylor, have your daughter go away please."

The 911 operator asks if Russell is beyond help -- and the caller responds, "No, there's nothing you can do, it's nothing we can do. Just please come as soon as possible."

0816_russell_armstrong_footer

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6

Cujeaux

The Armstrong's friend reminded me of Cesar Milan, the Dog Whisperer. I was expecting him to tell Taylor to remain in a calm, submissive state and to be a good pack leader.

Julie

As someone who also found their only brother after he committed suicide by hanging as well, I find the fact that you published this very private and devastating news in poor taste. I have been a strong fan of TMZ and you have all hit a new low. You have no idea what this type of information can do to the survivors of suicide. They get to relieve their own pain and grief moment by moment. This becomes a trigger for the devastation they feel....The grief of a suicide is very different from all other grief...I am asking you out of respect for Russell's family and all the rest of the suicide survivors, please remove the tape from your website. You have no idea the pain that this brings us...it takes us all right back to moment we discovered out loved ones...please Harvey...be the bigger man I know you can be...

annie

seriously? you are all gonna judge the first things out of taylor's mouth when she walks in and see's the father of her child hanging dead!!!! there is NO way to possibly think/act rationally in such a situation...i dare any of you to react perfectly walking in and seeing a complete stranger dead let alone your soon to be ex husband. give the girl a break, this is a severely traumatic experience and would cause anyone to need psychiatric help for quite some time. it's a shame these calls are made public, so heartbreaking. for anyone out there contemplating suicide, get help, those you leave behind are greatly affected and live with it forever. Poor Kennedy and his other 2 children, all so young yet old enough to read all of your comments. REMEMBER THAT.

ericka rdz quezada

it breaks my heart!! one can only imagine what the men was going through..

bethany2487

i cant believe this!! me and my sister just got two i-pads for $42.77 each and a $50 amazon card for $9. the stores want to keep this a secret and they dont tell you. go here CoolCent. com

Reba

Sorry people - have to add my 2 cents re: Taylor finding Russell's body -
A rational person (suspecting something is amiss - & I believe Taylor is a very swift grifter) would not bring their child to check in on their spouse. They would have a friend go over to the house alone or go with them. In addition, if it was my child, I would get the kid out of there ASAP (and I don't care how horrific the scene, my kid's well-being would come first).
Everything about this scenario is creepy - Russell and his business partner kill themselves within 24 hours of each other - something really big is going to be dug up.

David

I've heard the comments about Taylor asking for her psychiatrist. You can read a lot into a response like that if you haven't been in that situation. My wife died in the earthquake in Haiti while on a medical mission. When the word***** your ears that your spouse or anyone close to you has died tragiclly your mind goes to non-sensical places and you might say anything. I couldn't even tell you the first words that came out of my mouth in that moment. Taylor has probably spent a lot of time with her psychiatrist in past months and is the person she probably trust the most so it was a more resonable response than people may choose to believe. It's unfair to judge a respose to a situation that you haven't experienced yourself. It's the cruelest of moments in ones life and all sense of reason goes out the door.

steve

This is Taylor's fault -- f**k all of those reality TV "stars".

Frrak

well here you go!!! mOney money money, Taylor really screwed her husband. As soon as he could not provide like he used to she divorced him. Greedy greedy greedy!!

Leah

Kudos to the caller for using the correct past tense when referring to a person hanging ("hanged") instead of the oft-misused and totally infuriating "hung"! Right on.

COURTNEY

THERE NEEDS TO BE A LAW AGAINST TMZ AND ANY MEDIA GETTING AHOLD OF THESE 911 CALLS ITS DISGUSTING AND DISRESPECTFUL.

Sharon

That 911 operator has got to be one stupid dip ****!!!! How many times do u have to b told something b4 u stop asking someone in such a tragic situation, the SAME F'N QUESTIONS???

miahmdparash

Hello

It's a nice article it will help my research.

Thanks

miahmdparash

Hello

It's a nice article it will help my research.

Thanks