Jon Cryer

Court CRUSHES Appeal

Pay Your Ex $8k per Month

8/30/2011 7:35 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0830_jon_EX_TMZ_01
Jon Cryer
's efforts to get out of paying child support to his ex-wife -- who temporarily lost custody of their kid -- have been stymied after an appeals court ruled the actor MUST shell out $8,000 per month.

The "Two and a Half Men" actor had been waging the battle for years -- in 2009, Jon filed papers claiming he shouldn't have had to pay a single cent to Sarah Trigger Cryer because back then, she only had custody of their young son 4% of the time.

But, the California Court of Appeal believes lowering Jon's child support obligation could have a negative effect on the child -- and yesterday, it rejected Jon's appeal.

The court explained, "Although, understandably, Jon may have found the situation unfair, the primary focus must remain on the child's well-being, not the parents' feelings."

UPDATE: Since 2009, the courts have increased Sarah's custody rights -- and according to her lawyer, she now has custody of their son for 35% of the time ... and the courts NEVER ruled that she was an unfit parent.

Sarah continues to receive $8,000 per month in child support.

0418_mommy_Footer

phyuck

What the court seems to be missing is the fact that his ex-wife is just gonna pocket all the money and none of it is gonna go to supporting the child. Besides, I am sure that he is supporting the kid 100% so his ex doesn't need the money at all for child support. Just because he can afford to pay that amount doesn't mean he should have to. He is paying money for nothing. Total BS.

Hanging to da lef

Just goes to show guys that the family court system is geared toward women period. Those of you idots that marry a woman with kids are making the biggest mistake in you financial life, if you divorse her, you may also have to pay child support to her for your step kids, even though you don't adopt them. If you do adopt them, your screwed!!

Hanging to da lef

Stupid courts, that's not child support, that's $8,000 worth of cocaine!

Cheryl A.

The court finds it beneficial to the child to keep 8 grand away from him and his Dad, who has been raising in (almost) alone for 7 years? What was it, a kangaroo court??
The mother in found unable to care for the child, not for lack of money so she must be mentally ill or on drugs, yet awards her all that money? What a screwed up state California is !

Bubba Ganoosh

This kind of sh.... just burns me up. That whore doesnt even have custody and he has to pay her???? Men get screwed in family court.

maria

It is funny or it is Karma? this guy is going thru in his real life ,like in the show same thing ,firing with his ex about support...Karma is a bitch! it comes to you sooner or later!

carol

Jon, fortunately you have the money to have a lawyer take it to a higher court- that is the stupidest ruling I ever heard. What is she doing for $8000 that makes the child so needy of that much money. Don't let her get away with this and show the appeals court they are idiots. No kid needs that kind of money unless the court's intention is for the child to be a spoiled pampered little brat.

STFUP

If they're gonna insist he still pay child support for a chile she's no longer caring for - then the court should also demand to see an accounting of where VERY CENT goes!
She's spending it all on her - and that's why he's pissed/has been pursuing this. Ridiculous.

ManiacalZebra

That's bull. If she only has the kid 4% of the time, she doesn't need $8000 per month. She's probably spending it all on herself.

Nikkcolle

It is ludacris how the court system screws men. Pay some douche bag for being unfit and NOT having custody of the child. Unreal.

dimes

If my math is correct, the ex has custody for 2 weeks each year, for which Cryer is paying $96,000 a year. There is something seriously wrong with the court system in California.

moso

California really needs to change that supid as@ rule. Why in the hell should he have to pay her for watching him that little? It shouldn't matter what he makes! He is 96% of the full time parent. This is really unfair for the regular person out there making it pay check to pay check. The judges don't have a brain to think of crap like that!

rsmik

What kind of reporting is this? Who is the custodial parent? How can you pay child support to someone who doesn't have custody? Not enough info

John Jacob

The exact thing happened to me. My wife walked out on me and my daughter when she was just 1 and a half. I raised her by myself - wife paying $25 per week. When my daughter was 15 my wife asked me to sign off support since I was giving her measley cash back anyway. I agreed. Took the day off and went to the courthouse. Because my wife made so little (she never graduated hs or went to college) and I made a decent salary (I graduated college and worked into a great job) the court awarded HER $60...0 per month!!!!! And remember I had my daughter the majority of the time and had raised her by myself for YEARS!!!! My daughter never got a penny of that money. Ex spent it on tanning, alcohol, take out food and drugs. There is no justice for the single fathers who raise their children - There are dead beat moms out there too! These laws definitely need reform.

Barb

@Love My Fans: Welcome to California, Land of the Skewed Courts. The fact is that you probably elected this liberal blowtard sitting on the bench, Jon. Enjoy your existence in Hell-Eh?

_____________________________________________

It would appear that Judge Pastor is a REPUBLICAN,since he had written a letter of recommendation of judgeship for prosecuting attorney David Walgren, an assistant District attorney under D.A. Steve Cooley, a REPUBLICAN State Attorney General. I am pretty sure he wouldn't have done this for a democrat. Do you?