Pregnant Man

Chaz Bono Hurt My Chances

For 'Dancing with the Stars'

8/31/2011 5:30 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0830_thomas_beatie_preg_chaz_bono_EX
The Pregnant Man -- Thomas Beatie -- claims he SHOULD HAVE been chosen to compete on "Dancing with the Stars" this season ... but says, "Chaz Bono stole my thunder."

Beatie tells TMZ ... he reached out to casting in the hopes of landing a spot a few months ago -- but never got a call back. But after DWTS announced that Chaz would be on the show, Thomas says he thinks he knows why he was rejected -- the transgender quota had already been filled.

Thomas says he understands why producers wouldn't cast two famous transgender people on the show -- but he's still pretty bummed out ... telling us, "I wanted to try my new body out. I’m an athlete and I know I would have excelled."

There's always next season ...

0830_dancing_footer

Jill

Why is this a story??? This is NOT A MAN. This is a very confused, unhappy, mentally unstable woman seeking attention. She's famous for giving birth??? REALLY Since when did giving birth make anyone famous.... Just because you wanted to be a man doesn't mean you are one. You are exactly who God created you to be. A woman. You can hide behind a facade all you want to but the REALITY is. You are who you are...embrace it!

sky

proof that life iisn't fair.

JMJ

It would be fine with me if neither was on the show!

Glenn

Even when "Chaz" Bono was a little girl, she looked like a boy... more so now [clearly]. (Sorry, all the plastic surgery and drug treatments in the world won't turn a male into a female or vice versa... like gender actually matters as far as what kind of person you are.)

sammi

To each his or her own, this just got to weird for me. No watching DWTS for me.

c

Thank god they didn't ask him because the pregnant man IS DISGUSTING. That's right, he's a disgusting freak (kiss my ass GLAAD) of nature that gives transgenders everywhere a bad name. Their whole argument is that god made them the wrong sex and they were supposed to be the opposite gender. Supposedly they feel like they are the opposite sex and they want their outside to reflect who they really are on the inside. Well MEN DON'T GET PREGNANT. So there goes your whole argument. It's nothing as noble as trying to be who you feel you are inside; this guy is just sick.

GG

Please you freaks, don't push yourselves on the rest. Gross! No more DWTS for me EVER.

Carl

Just proves what a fame whore that "pregnant man" is. I have no problem calling Chaz a man. As for Beatie, sorry, but if you have female genitalia and do what is LITERALLY the most female thing possible, gestate a child, you are a woman.

Carrie

I used to be one of the ones who razzed Chaz Bono when it was first announced he was undergoing a sex change. Now it’s time to give him a break, he seems happy with his new life, and there’s enough misery in the world to not deny anyone a chance to be happy. As for Thomas Beattie (and I had to look at the top to see what his name was), to me that’s a flat-chested woman with a beard. You want to be a man, then act like one and stop having babies. Otherwise, you're just a freak show.

Mimi

The pregnant "man" really makes me angry. When he decided to turn himself into a man, he gave up the right--a WOMAN'S right--to get pregnant and bear a child. This douchebag wants it both ways! Makes me sick.

Cathy

This is totally disgusting. I will never watch this show again.Freak side show!

Ya Mon

More Gender-confused coming out of the woodwork, see DWTS she what you started! your show soon will be called 'Dancing with 2% weirdo's while the othe 98% puke on their TV screens. "DW2%W98%PONTVS"

Peggy

not to happy...better start getting celebrities that people will want to see or the ratings will crash...who are these people...not stars...the pros are more stars than the cast...sorry

Jen

One HUGE problem pregnant man, you are not a star!

chaz

hell is waiting for both of them