Steven Seagal

Legal Threats Over Deadly

COCKFIGHT RAID

8/30/2011 11:50 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0830_seagal_tank2
The blood of a dead puppy is on Steven Seagal's hands ... this according to an Arizona man who claims the actor participated in a deadly police raid on his home back in March that was taped for a reality show.

Seagal, along with Maricopa County Sheriff Joe Arpaio, has been served with an official notice of claim from Jesus Sanchez Llovera -- who contends Seagal and the Maricopa County Sheriff's Department performed an "unfounded" raid on his home because they believed Jesus was operating an illegal cockfighting farm.  Jesus denies the allegation -- insisting he only raises the roosters "for show."

Jesus claims Seagal arrived to his home on March 9 with a TANK -- and rammed into a gate on his property. Seagal was backed up by an MCSO Tactical Operations Unit -- armed in full riot gear -- which stormed the house. The entire incident was captured by a camera crew taping for Seagal's reality show, "Steven Seagal Lawman."

Jesus claims his 11-month old puppy was shot and killed during the raid -- and his home sustained "substantial damage." He also claims the cops killed more than 100 roosters that belonged to him.

The notice of claim is the first step towards a lawsuit -- and Jesus' lawyer tells us his client is demanding $100,000 for the damage and he wants Seagal to issue a "formal written apology" to his children "for the death of their 11-month old puppy, a beloved family pet."

We called both Seagal and the Maricopa County Sheriff's Department for comment -- so far, no response.

Erika

I doubt that Steven Seagall decides who gets raided. Yes, the death of the puppy is sad, but so is the life of fighting fowl. And did does Jesus know Steven Segall killed it? Jusus needs to take responsibility for his choices.

FlexiBlu

Are you kidding? A reality law show starring THAT action hero wanna-be? What qualifications does he have and is that even legal? I can't believe we've come to this as entertainment, and what does it say about our society? It's things like this that remind me why I rarely watch t.v. anymore. I hope this Jesus guy gets what he asks for, especially the letter of apology.

foxie

I PERSONALLY LOVE THE MAN, NO MATTER WHAT HAPPENED, IF HE APOLOGIZES IT MEANS HE IS HUMBLE, BUT I'VE HEARD HE IS VERY ARROGANT. I LOVE DOGS AND I HAD ROOSTERS IN P.R. BUT HERE ON THE MAINLAND,NASTY. LT HIM PAY HIS DUE TO THE KIDS ONLY THE KIDS NOT THE THE FATHER AND LET IT BE. IT WILL NOT BE THE FIRST WHO LOSES A DOG AND ROOSTERS AND REALLY IT WILL NOT BE THE LAST YOU WILL SEE OF MR. SEAGAL. SOME OF US STILL LOVE YOU. BESIDES I LOVE HIM IN "FIRE DOWN BELOW"

jgilmer

Give Jesus the same as Vick.

Bobertbobert

Here in the east,in central south Virginia, Chickens lay eggs and provide meat for the dinner-table Roosters are only necessary for fertile(chick producing)eggs; Hens don't require a Rooster for laying eggs, at about 9 months they begin laying infertile eggs. Roosters aren't needed unless you want chicks or as fighting *****. All-Rooster operations ARE ****-fighting breeders.

carolyndavis

Doesn't Steven Segal have better things to do than to shoot ***** belonging to Jesus??

Charles

Seagal is fat slob and will do anything for a little attention. Back in his celeb days he was a tempermental woman abuser with a huge ego, and now he sits in a police car with other rednecks in LA talking about the old days. At least it's obvious he's not fighting the weight game anymore, he's embraced the obesity full on.

ZombiePop

Joe Arpaio & Steven Seagal, together? That's too much douchebagginess in the same place. I'm surprised the universe didn't implode upon itself.

Vicki K

Seagal is an idiot, poor puppy.

Jennifer Rountree

So, they are raiding his house because they don't think the roosters should be used for fighting. I guess that is cruelty to animals. So they go in and kill the roosters and a dog. That makes sense... Justice is served?

Jennifer Rountree

Gene Taylor

I once enjoyed Seagal's movies, but after what he and the sheriff done to that poor man, then killed his puppy, I'm not ever watching anything that has to do with Seagal's flicks.

JP1969

A sheriff's department spokesman said: "I'm going to be honest with you. We're very angry about this. I'm angry about this. No MCSO employee deputy sheriff, posse member or otherwise that was at that scene that day serving that search warrant shot a dog, discharged their weapon or anything like that. That is a total fabrication. That is just a bunch of crap."

Bad Kitty No Milk Tonight

Wow with all the drug dealers, illegals and prostitution trafficing in Arizona Steven has to bring out the calvary guns blazing for a guy raising chickens?? Really Steven CHICKENS??? WTF? and managed to kill a poor puppy, destroy a families home and kill over a hundred birds in the process? Did Tubby have a hankering for some KFC but didnt have the pocket coin for a trip to the Colenels? Maybe he mistook Jesus' pad for a drive thru? All this mayhem for a crappy cable TV show. Steven Seagal: gold plated Duech-bag.

Wes

Steven Seagal is my idol, he does what he needs to, and he is a role model. U dumb people need to stop hatin on Steaven Seagal. He is one actor who knows who he is and has never done anything stupid for the news to talk about. I also think that this Jesus guy is lying about some of the things he says about him. People need to stop hatin on my man Steaven Seagal and let him do his thing both in the movies and in real life.