Steven Seagal

Legal Threats Over Deadly

COCKFIGHT RAID

8/30/2011 11:50 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0830_seagal_tank2
The blood of a dead puppy is on Steven Seagal's hands ... this according to an Arizona man who claims the actor participated in a deadly police raid on his home back in March that was taped for a reality show.

Seagal, along with Maricopa County Sheriff Joe Arpaio, has been served with an official notice of claim from Jesus Sanchez Llovera -- who contends Seagal and the Maricopa County Sheriff's Department performed an "unfounded" raid on his home because they believed Jesus was operating an illegal cockfighting farm.  Jesus denies the allegation -- insisting he only raises the roosters "for show."

Jesus claims Seagal arrived to his home on March 9 with a TANK -- and rammed into a gate on his property. Seagal was backed up by an MCSO Tactical Operations Unit -- armed in full riot gear -- which stormed the house. The entire incident was captured by a camera crew taping for Seagal's reality show, "Steven Seagal Lawman."

Jesus claims his 11-month old puppy was shot and killed during the raid -- and his home sustained "substantial damage." He also claims the cops killed more than 100 roosters that belonged to him.

The notice of claim is the first step towards a lawsuit -- and Jesus' lawyer tells us his client is demanding $100,000 for the damage and he wants Seagal to issue a "formal written apology" to his children "for the death of their 11-month old puppy, a beloved family pet."

We called both Seagal and the Maricopa County Sheriff's Department for comment -- so far, no response.

Linda Lee Fagan

I don't believe that Jesus farm guy, it's his fault about the dog. People like that can go to hati............

mike

Mr. Seagal I once had the pleasure of meeting u, oh say some 20 years ago. It was Sana Monica Cal.,maybe u remember, u and your entourage were in the S.M civic center or on the property in a couple of circus like tents for a gem and jewelry show-fossil rock ect. I was the one with the large crystal lighted spheres and amythest geodes as tall as u. When u came and looked at my display I called u by name and u aknowleged. Needless to say I was in awe. After a short visit with my display u were going to move on when I asked u to make a surprise visit with the girl in the next booth over. U shook my hand and told me "u got it"then proceeded to the next booth over. When she saw u she screamed almost loud enough to bring the tents down, it was funny.I made one mistake that day. not asking u for your autograph cuz nobody actually believes that i really met u. Well I followed your career and still brag to this day that i met u. I just wanted to say I think youre a good person and i dont believe the negative hype and bs. they say. good luck, Mike

dave

why are we letting idiot "celebrities" play policeman on TV? Who is in charge, t.v. people or law enforcement? Reality shows have gone way to far. Soon we'll have actors playing doctors in hospitals. Seth Rogen, Pediatrician coming this fall on NBC.

Erick

I would not be surprised to hear among ALL the facts, to discover that the "puppy" was aggresive and posing a legitamate threat to the police and therefore was shot. I am not saying that was the case...just saying the way lawyers and the media may utilize the wording of things may mislead people to draw a completly incorrect conclusion.

Bob Therrien

hey 2 cents that right you said it all....

Bob Therrien

Seagal is a good man, break the law and then cry about I say tough S--T

WillieB

I'm not surprised at anything Joe Arpaio does -- His main interest as far as the justice system is concerned is to get his name in the news, a television interview, and the opportunity to give a testimony as to how wonderful he runs his prison. He doesn't need to be running a prison, he needs to be locked up in one!! He's totally repulsive with his egotistical actions and demeanor -- Can't believe he hasn't been taken out into the desert stripped of his shoes and leaving him with only his "pink underwear" for the walk back to town!

Pedro Dupacas

whatever Hey-zues! quit being a ******* criminal and then crying when you get busted! You deserve everything that you got and losers like you shouldn't even be allowed to live in a free society much less own a dog!

rbass

No one raises roosters "for show."

CHRISTINA

steves last words before the raid "okay guys its going down were going to get some ****".... WHATS NEXT STEVE FRUITS AND VEGTABLES... WHATEVER I'M SURE ITS BETTER THEN YOUR MOVIES....(PS pick up some carrot stix when your at the stand)

CHRISTINA

YEP only steve seaGAL would show up for a **** raid. DID YOU LOSE ANY WEIGHT YOU FAT BASTARD

nje22

Seagal is pretty much crazy- ever notice how his movie titles seem to mirror his career's path.

justin

I admit I'm sick, but I had to laugh when I read that toolbag Steven Seagal rammed a gate with a tank and shot a puppy.

delqunni

It is amaising how people who actively promote violence and break our laws then use the law and lawsuits to "protect" themselves when violence is used against them. You can't have it both ways - pick one!!!

rich

hey jesus i got your show birds over here just like michael vick was training his pitbulls for the westminster dog show give me a break !!!