Mel Gibson Settlement

HUGE Loss for Oksana

8/31/2011 10:55 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0831_mel_oksana_EX
The settlement struck between Mel Gibson and Oksana Grigorieva is nothing less than a financial fiasco for a woman who wanted untold millions of dollars from her famous ex.

TMZ obtained a copy of the original 2010 settlement worth $15 million that Oksana disavowed. At the time, Oksana said she would not go through with the settlement because she felt Mel was a danger to their daughter Lucia and believed Mel should not have unsupervised contact with the child.

In reality, sources connected to the case tell TMZ, the real reason Oksana walked away from the settlement is because she was advised she could get a lot more than $15 million because of the alleged physical abuse she claims she suffered at the hands of Mel.

Now, in a shocking twist of fate, rather than getting $15 million, Oksana is only getting $750k. On top of that, she was concerned about Mel having unsupervised visitation ... Mel is actually getting MORE unsupervised visitation based on the agreement that was just struck.

The fact is, under the 2010 agreement, Mel would NOT have gotten 50/50 custody until Lucia turns 3 years old. Under the current agreement, he gets 50/50 custody immediately.

Short story ... she should have taken door #1.

0831_mel_oksana_footer

Curious

Howdy Folks :0
Backing and forthing here, tossing out a few personals.

Ira - Hiya :). Finally caught your thoughtful greeting back on the Truce thread. Doing all right and thank you for asking. Hope all is copecetic with you as well.

Fuddy - Coffee and danish over there ------> =D

Ketjo - Hey HB in the C! Left ya a brand new shovel in the barn. Completely untouched by Miss Oksana ka-ka or the snakes that revel in it. All set to do battle when next the Bat signal lights the sky. POW! BAM! ZOWIE!

Misssahara -wave wave wave! Good to see you!
The $750,000, in my opinion, is an investment in pest control. Besides Lucia's child support, living rent free and housing repairs up to $5000, it's the sum total of the money Miss Oksana can get from Mr. Mel. Period. And once Lucia is 18, the legal parental tie ends. So figure $750,000 divided by 16 (rounded years until Lucia's 18) comes to $46,875 per year in pest control.
Of course when I think Miss Oksana originally wanted $10 million for herself and then didn't even get 10% of that in the final settlement, well, I laugh hysterically =D

Tom Cruise

Ha!..she didn't even deserve what she got....justice for once.

Fidel's niece

@ Curious, hiya,

LOVE IT
- 46 thou a year for PEST control! LOL!

Now O$kanky will be able to pay
to get rid of
the RATS! The russian ones!

LMAO!

Curious

FN - Hiya :)
LOL, glad you like it.
Obviously I don't think Miss Oksana deserves a damn thing. I think she owes Mr. Mel for diminishing his income and defamation, on top of the whole extortion thing. But I'm guessing Mr. Mel is just as happy to pay the pest control and be done with her. He got his 50/50 custody PLUS being able to stop by any time with the designated third person. I like that last bit - surprise visits will keep Miss Oksana on her toes.

spyke

Short story, she should have used birth control and not tried to use her baby as a payday. Short story #2, Mel get snipped, you too K-fed

Fidel's niece

Regarding Mel's divorce

according to The Huffington Post article
"Laura Wasser, (Robyn Gibson's divorce attorney)
told judge Tuesday that they were putting the
finishing touches on the divorce settlement
and it should be completed in FEW WEEKS..."

mel-gibson-to-pay-ex-750k_n_943566.html

Curious

FN -
I saw that HuffPo article, too. Originally, as you know, the divorce settlement was suppose to happen end of August. Perhaps Mrs. Robyn kindly agreed to a delay in order to get Miss Oksana sorted out. And more importantly than Miss Oksana, little Lucia. Mrs. Robyn has proven herself to be a very classy lady throughout this whole ordeal. IF there was a question of Lucia's wellbeing at issue, I can't imagine her being selfish and demanding her money NOW! Ya know, like some pseudo-composer from Russia would be.

Fidel's niece

Extra (ent. show)from last night-

They need to learn math -

750 thou is NOT "almost a million dollars"
(and 250 thou is almost 1/2 mill - really???)

BUT I love when they said that the
feud was "sealed with a CHECK"
That is how O$kanky operates...

and that the 750 THOU is "a drop in a bucket
for Mel who is worth over 1/2 BILLION"

More like a drop in a BARREL for him!

Cheers, Mel!

Curious

Spyke -
No argument there. The claims surrounding the 2006 DUI has forever set some folks against Mr. Mel and that is entirely their right. But rambling anti-Semitism while drunk is a far cry from allegedly punching out two teeth, causing injury to a child from resulting broken veneers and threatening to kill everyone with a gun. That allegation along with the release of the illegally recorded rants were directly responsible for Mr. Mel getting dropped from Hangover2 and interfered with the filming and release of The Beaver.
It was a nasty situation all around. But to my mind, having and using a baby to force marriage and money is the worst of it all.

karl

If Oksana ows Eric George 1.5 mil,then her income would be
- 46,875/month for the next 16 years,cause i hope she still have to pay George herself!

igotfleasfromtmz

who said he was afraid of public humilation. Was that you the chisled one? At one time you had a REAL LAWYER EG.
Then you found an internet circus act.

igotfleasfromtmz

UM DAN we are still waiting!? OH oops she isn't allowed to talk now. You have come a long way Dan.

Curious

Ira -
Hiya hun! Glad you got it. I don't like these "Reply" thingies. That means I have to go back and look at all my old posts to see who replied? I know I'll miss someone. So for now on, I'll stick with just replying in general post. I like things simple :)

FN -
So very true! We don't know exactly how much Mr. Mel's worth actually is what with property devaluation and divorce proceedings, but 3/4 of a million dollars over a five year span won't hurt him much.
If it were me, I'd put the remaining two installments in a short term investment fund and let it make some money while waiting to be paid. Heck, even a 1% CD would yield $2500 in a year. Which is nothing compared to the type of money Mr. Mel makes, I know, but imagine all the balloons that would buy for Lucia's fifth birthday party :)

igotfleasfromtmz

Oksana I really despise what you have done. But girl you need to sue those lawyers. Look what they have taken from you. Look what they have done. you lost 14 million dollars.

Curious

Karl- hiya :)
Yep, she's on the hook for whatever deal she and Attorney George have settled between themselves. Perhaps he'll get a hefty chunk of that first $250,000. And you know some of Lucia's support money goes to paying him off as well. (I would very much like to be proven wrong about that.)

Previous 15 Comments | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments