The New Superman

It's a Bird! It's a Plane!

It's a Skintight Costume!

8/31/2011 10:50 AM PDT BY Johnny Lopez

0831_superman_WENN
Here's a shot of Henry Cavill as Superman on the set of "Man of Steel" with muscles bulging out of his ridiculously skintight costume.

Spandex is definitely not his kryptonite.

0831_celeb_superheroes_footer

Alaimo

Where's the focus... was this shot with a Playskool camera?!

carol

I don't know who he is but he is probably a fine actor - not his fault they have a terrible costume designer. Has anyone connected with this movie ever picked up a comic book to see what Superman is suppose to look like. Even this blue in this ugly costume is depressing and that's just the beginning of costume problems. Back to the drawing board. Consider all these comments a focus group - back to the drawing board with that costume.

Shawn

Looks ridiculous.

3Storms

It's a crap costume because WB thinks it can re-invent the classic Superman to try to make it appeal to a modern demographic in an act of shameless pandering.

The movie WILL fail and rightfully so.

Mumra the Ever Living

No cape? no red shorts? No spit curl? Then it aint really the Man of f***ing Steel.

Shenlon

Based on this one picture , I am not going to see this movie. The Actor is a good actor , but he does not look the part. Whoever cast him should be fired. And That Costume , That is the worst costume ever ....I mean seriously.. who designed that ? They should be fired too.

Maybe they should stop while they are ahead and save what money they have left.

Shenlon

He could also put a sock on every child in Africa with what he has shoved in those pants.

Shenlon

oh and he could put socks on every child in Africa with what he has stuffed in his pants. lol

heather

Oh there is an actor in there, I just can't stop looking at his junk......I want to get this action figure, I am going to get sheets....I also want a full size doll with the anatomically correct parts....yummy...How are the women not eating this up? That's right men should be sex objects too!!

the artist formerly known as hand turkey

Superman always wore a gay suit. I don't care what you do, you're not going to make Henry un-delicious to my eyeballs.

Darren

Why is the right forearm 10 times the size of his left???

jat nano

WTF a little flex and all of the gay hollywood networking is thinkking it`s all about them

Valstann

why the hell are american parts being giving to these british wankers. theyre so racist towards americans.
yet theyll suck alot of ***** to be an american movie.

Leader of the ignorant masses

I cannot explain it but in comics costumes like this look badass but in real life it just creeps me out. Is it really so hard to fight crime with normal pants on? Cops do it every day.

Ike

Looks like half of the Ambigously Gay Duo and he looks vac****ed sealed. For freshness? Christopher Reeve looked better and still looks better.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments