T.I.

Released from Prison

8/31/2011 8:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0830_TI_EX
Rapper T.I. has been released from an Arkansas prison -- and is on his way to either a community living facility or home confinement ... TMZ has learned.

T.I. was sentenced to 11 months behind bars after his drug possession arrest on the Sunset Strip back in September 2010 -- an arrest that caused law enforcement officials to revoke his probation stemming from a federal gun conviction back in 2009.

Chris Burke, spokesman for the Federal Bureau of Prisons, tells us T.I. was released at 7:29 AM local time ... and is "in transit" to begin the next leg of his sentence.

T.I. checked into prison on November 1, 2010 -- and he was originally scheduled to be released on September 29.

update_bar

9:09 AM: T.I.”s attorney, Jonathan Leonard, tells TMZ ... the rapper will serve the remainder of his sentence in a halfway house in Atlanta.

6:50 AM:
T.I. is already back on Twitter -- and just fired off a message saying, "The storm is over & da sun back out. IT'S OUR TIME TO SHINE SHAWTY!!!!! Welcome to the beginning of our Happy Ending!!!!"

He also wrote, "Feels great to be back where I belong...Back in the arms of those who need me the most."

0831_TI_freedom_footer

eyecandy

Is he gonna ride around again and drink f*cked up Koolaid?

Ann

Ehhhh, whatever!

weird al yankovich

Do your thing bruh and show these mutha f---ers what time it is

Peace

WEIRD

RealityBites

I like T.I. - not to fond of that wife of his, I sure hope she got her act together when he was in prison because I think she's the cause of a lot of his troubles.

sky

who cares ?

LeonAddison1974

Let's see if this talented rapper can stay out prison and trouble!

RedDog

annababe

Free T.I.P! Hes the truth.I am a 28 years old doctor, mature and beautiful.and now I am seeking a good man who can give me real love , so i got a username Lindasunny2002 on--a'ge'l'es's'da'te.c óm--.it is the first and best club for y'ounger women and old'er men, or older women and y'ounger men,to int'eract with each other. Maybe you wanna ch'eck 'it out or tell your friends!

Leader of the ignorant masses

You can wise up and learn from your mistakes or keep walking down the same road. It is sad to see how many people take the opportunity they get and throw it away for no good reason.

MISSZEE007

What I find funny is that he released that song with Justin Timberlake 'Dead and gone' about redemption and not making mistakes then shortly after he got thrown back in jail. What an idiot.
You cant make a silk purse out of a sows ear.

en Todo Momento!!

he should totally go to a community living facility. they have like free coffee and coffee cream powder ALL DAY LONG!!!! :D

Keishalashun

Welcome Home TI! And people please be reminded that we are not judges and no one is perfect or without sin, so please lets get that understood.Wishin TI and Tiny the best!!

Vgibson

Please stay out baby. Love ya!

Bill Leslie

hubris - thy name is worthless no-talent non-contributing ****** rapper.

dnatia95

Rappers kill me! They do all this talk about how 'theyre a changed person', how they 'turned over a new leaf', but then get convicted for doing the EXACT same thing! So my question is to you: how long do you think before he's arrested again? He's probally going to make another apology song with CB, called 'Get back up,AGAIN!'

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments