'Barbershop' Actor

I Was Kicked Off Plane

Because I'm Black

9/1/2011 11:25 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0831_united_michael_colyar_getty_EXD

United Airlines is investigating a complaint made by an actor who appeared on the TV show "Barbershop" after he claimed he was kicked off of a flight simply because he was black.

Michael Colyar claims he was booted from his flight at Dulles International Airport in Virginia after he refused to allow a flight attendant to move his luggage from the overhead storage bin ... so a white passenger could stow her bag there instead.

Colyar claims the flight attendant gave him dirty looks when he denied her request -- so he inquired about filing a complaint. That's when Colyar says he was approached by security, who removed the actor from the flight.

Colyar blogged about the incident ... saying, "The flight attendant and her friend got just what they wanted, the n**ger off the plane. I'm sure they feel a great triumph in putting an uppity n**ger in his place."

He adds, "At the least I should be suing United Airlines for theft of services, public humiliation and defamation of character."

United Airlines tells TMZ ... "As a global airline with a diverse workforce, United has zero tolerance for any type of discrimination and we take every such matter seriously. We spoke to Mr. Colyar  Wednesday so that we can address his concerns, and committed to get back to him as we learn more from our coworkers and other customers onboard.”

Sources connected to the incident tell us multiple passengers have been interviewed about the situation -- and several people said Colyar was loud with the flight attendant and had become an unruly passenger.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

LaurieB

FYI TMZ: the airport name is spelled DULLES. fabulous reporting skills.

Stephanie

Yeah right. Like a thousands of blacks don't fly on planes everyday. Get a new excuse.

Blondie

Ni66ers are such a pain in the azz! I'm sure there's much more to this story but the race card is just so convinient. UGH. Sick of them.

Sono

Yeah,...I think it's pretty easy to see who the actual racist is in this story. In case you're reading this and can't figure it out, it's Michael Colyar.

yomomma

I see another black "celebrity" using the word ******, and putting words into someone elses mouth. If I can't call you a ******, and it's so horrendous, then you shouldn't use the term either. Maybe if he learned some manners he wouldn't have been kicked off the plane. I hate that everything happens because it wasn black. It happened because you were being a ****. Trying being more polite instead of feeling that you're entitled because you're black. Here's a hint, the world doesn't owe you ****, white people don't owe you ****. YOU were never a slave. Make better choices.

shelly

you're kidding, right?

Kyle McComas

What a tool. It's always old people that like to start throwing the race card around like that. Just because she wants to shift some luggage, doesn't mean she's a racist. Idiot.

kingborg

OMG PEOPLE STOP USING RACE AS A CRUTCH!

Leah

I doubt it had anything to do with him being black. More like him being an idiot and unruly thinking he can act any way he wants because he's an actor. Something not going your way? Blame it on the color of your skin! Grow up! Everything is not about race!

Big Jew

Maybe your luggage was in the wrong place, or you had too many bags, why play the race card and say it was because you were black, I was just asked to move my bags on a flight three days ago, I am white and Jewish and did not complain that they profiled me for being a Jew. Grow up, or call your Mommy.

Edda Sumstrum

Here we go again ... Why is the race card always played. This sounds like it had nothing to do with race and everything to do with his behavior -safety first when flying! I'm sure there were plenty of other black people on the plane -so if he got kicked off because he was black -how come the other black people were allowed on the plane? UNBELIEVABLE!

TBod

They kicked you off because you're an *******, not because of your skin colour.

JB

I heard that United never has black people on their planes. They actually only sell tickets to white people.

Charlie

And the race card, lo

dhtaz1

Defamation of character??? I don't think it will stand up!!

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments