'Barbershop' Actor

I Was Kicked Off Plane

Because I'm Black

9/1/2011 11:25 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0831_united_michael_colyar_getty_EXD

United Airlines is investigating a complaint made by an actor who appeared on the TV show "Barbershop" after he claimed he was kicked off of a flight simply because he was black.

Michael Colyar claims he was booted from his flight at Dulles International Airport in Virginia after he refused to allow a flight attendant to move his luggage from the overhead storage bin ... so a white passenger could stow her bag there instead.

Colyar claims the flight attendant gave him dirty looks when he denied her request -- so he inquired about filing a complaint. That's when Colyar says he was approached by security, who removed the actor from the flight.

Colyar blogged about the incident ... saying, "The flight attendant and her friend got just what they wanted, the n**ger off the plane. I'm sure they feel a great triumph in putting an uppity n**ger in his place."

He adds, "At the least I should be suing United Airlines for theft of services, public humiliation and defamation of character."

United Airlines tells TMZ ... "As a global airline with a diverse workforce, United has zero tolerance for any type of discrimination and we take every such matter seriously. We spoke to Mr. Colyar  Wednesday so that we can address his concerns, and committed to get back to him as we learn more from our coworkers and other customers onboard.”

Sources connected to the incident tell us multiple passengers have been interviewed about the situation -- and several people said Colyar was loud with the flight attendant and had become an unruly passenger.

nof

If Colyar says the flight attendant tried to stick it to him - then the flight attendant tried to stick it to him.

She figured he was just a little old black man with some grey in his hair and beard -

Underestimated him.

I'd take Colyar over the entire airline - if it's War he's the dude you want next to y'all.

royalredus

I'm suing too! They asked me to move MY bag one time for some uppity white beeyatch! I mean, I'm white too, but still!! How dare they?? I mean, I was flying coach and I put my bag in first class, but really, what nerve!! And I know I'm white, she was REALLY white -whiter than me- so it was OBVIOUS discrimination.

frank

Michael Colyar is an a-hole.

kisska

People seem to forget that racism goes both ways... He sounds like one to me.

mike

****head

honey2000

Some people look for a reason to be offended, do you know what I am saying? I have suffered thru this "quick to be offended so I can judge you" mentality for a majority of my life before I recognized the sick was not me but the other person. Be Love and Light: no hate or offense.

jimmy

I`D THROW IN A** OFF THE PLANE TOO FOR MAKE THIS STUPID RACIST ACCUSATION!!!!

dbz

Is this fu**in guy serious? Did he maybe stop to think that he stored his luggage over HER seat, that's why HE had to move his luggage.

Kaveman

Yup, it's ALWAYS about race.

Has anyone told this moron yet that we elected a black president, even though only 10% of the population is black? Yes moron, that means us "whities" helped elect him.

Give up the sob story, it's getting old.

Patty

It sound like he wasn't kicked off because he is black, it sounds like he was kicked off for being an *******. Very different.

Barbie

You know if she was a mean white racist she would have made you sit in the back of the plane! Get a new line!!

niceguy

Another idiot trying to play the race card. Flight attendants have to shuffle bags around all the time to make sure everyone has room. She was just moving it, not throwing it off the plane.

sky

No. You were kicked off because you are a jerk. Get it straight. I wasn't there but guess that's what happened , you only WISH they kicked you off for being 'Black" then you coulda sued their white azzes off . RIIIIGGGHHHHHTTTTTT?

GOLLY

Surprise, surprise. Another person of color who acts up, then blames everything on racism. CIVILITY a$$#ole. Stop being an a$$, and you would not have a problem.

Uh oh i am screwed

Seriously? Pathetic! He wasn't kicked off because he is black, he was kicked off because he was being an ass! Playing the racecard only makes him look like a freaking moron. Oh wait he IS a freaking moron!