'Barbershop' Actor

I Was Kicked Off Plane

Because I'm Black

9/1/2011 11:25 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0831_united_michael_colyar_getty_EXD

United Airlines is investigating a complaint made by an actor who appeared on the TV show "Barbershop" after he claimed he was kicked off of a flight simply because he was black.

Michael Colyar claims he was booted from his flight at Dulles International Airport in Virginia after he refused to allow a flight attendant to move his luggage from the overhead storage bin ... so a white passenger could stow her bag there instead.

Colyar claims the flight attendant gave him dirty looks when he denied her request -- so he inquired about filing a complaint. That's when Colyar says he was approached by security, who removed the actor from the flight.

Colyar blogged about the incident ... saying, "The flight attendant and her friend got just what they wanted, the n**ger off the plane. I'm sure they feel a great triumph in putting an uppity n**ger in his place."

He adds, "At the least I should be suing United Airlines for theft of services, public humiliation and defamation of character."

United Airlines tells TMZ ... "As a global airline with a diverse workforce, United has zero tolerance for any type of discrimination and we take every such matter seriously. We spoke to Mr. Colyar  Wednesday so that we can address his concerns, and committed to get back to him as we learn more from our coworkers and other customers onboard.”

Sources connected to the incident tell us multiple passengers have been interviewed about the situation -- and several people said Colyar was loud with the flight attendant and had become an unruly passenger.

JDMilw

So tired of the race card. Oh woe is me! I'm black and you OWE me everything!!!

wes9132

No, you got kicked off the plane because you were being a ********.

SaginawPriestess

It never fails to amaze me that the people that "fight" against racisim are usually the racist ones. Why would he other wise assume that it was because she was a white girl? Maybe he could have just been a gentleman and let the LADY use the over head. Come on now, it was not that serious.

drjimmy

They should sue him for slander!

c

What a ****. Whip out the race card and we all know you're just an ignorant ass who acted like a jerk but won't admit it. Flight attendants move luggage around all the time to get more to fit in the bins. IT HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH COLOR YOU STUPID PIECE OF ****. You are clearly the racist one who didn't want to move your luggage because she was white. Go to hell you racist slimeball.

Kristin

When you act like a ni66er, you get treated like one! Guess it was a good time for the race card. Come up with a new excuse, that one is tired. His problem is, he IS a ni**er and thinks everyone is out to get him because he is black. When anyone acts unruly on a plane, disciplinary action needs to be taken, regardless of race. GO listen to Bill Cosby...quit blaming it on the white man and take responsibility for your own dumb a$$ actions!

Straight Talkin Texan

Yea, I'm sure he's just an innocent victim in all of this and that he wasn't unruly at all. What an IDIOT!

BeHonest

I'll bet he has the "Race Card" laminated and stick on his forehead. Anytime when thing doesn't go his "actor way", idiot tosses that card out. The fact is I don’t really know the situation, perhaps the flight attendant was being a ****, or maybe YOU were being a ****. Either the way, it probably has nothing to do with your race. It is idiot like you shamed the whole race by using that race card whenever you can. How about go back to your mama house and learn some more manners before you bitch and whine next time. I'll bet if you used the "N" word in your mama house, she would smacked you silly and told you to wash your mouth with soap.

BeHonest

Ed Rigsbee

As a frequent flyer on United Airlines, I see jerk passengers, believing that the rules do not apply to them, all the time. Sounds like race was not the issue--rather another jerk passenger not willing to follow the rules and then later claiming some kind of discrimination. I applaud United kicking off, yet another jerk passenger.

BeHonest

I'll bet he has the "Race Card" laminated and sticks it on his forehead. Anytime when thing doesn't go his "actor way", idiot tosses that card out. The fact is I don’t really know the situation, perhaps the flight attendant was being a ****, or maybe YOU were being a ****. Either the way, it probably has nothing to do with your race. It is idiot like you shamed the whole race by using that race card whenever you can. How about go back to your mama house and learn some more manners before you bitch and whine next time! And one more thing, things don't always go your way, it's called Life you racist moron.

Mikey-O

Has no excuse for rude behavior so throw out the race card...geez man get a grip...

modern hippy

this is soo annoying!!! im soo sick and tired of this alledged "race card". sure people are still racist, but nt every incident is grounds to call foul play. I don't no exactly what happened im just sayin. Screw THE racist bull**** in general!! can't we all just be civilized to one another and get along. Its 2011 i wish people would just look past the whole white vs. black ideology and realize that we're all just people. The world would just be a much better, and peaceful place.

tmz posters dont know sh1t

Lmao i see the klan really comes together on these type of posts! Haha...furious racists white people who cant wait to fume off their deep down hate AMUSE ME! To the point some of you are clicking the refresh tab and liking your own comment like 20 plus times (ur fooling nobody)! Some cracker in Pissville Alabama spotted this post on the "town computer thingy (blue collar comedian accent)" and now the whole town is "up in a dang rut!" Or its those laugh in your face behind closed door*****e blacks northerners poppin that ****! White people ya'll cant call us ******s just like we cant call Italians Guidos...thats THEIR term of endearment from each other but its racists if non Italians call them that! Look get over the racism stuff. I know I am. I gotta bunch of cool white homies plus I've ****** over a dozen beautiful white chics in my life to ensure this!

CONNIEQ

I would get angry also, if a flight attendent ask me to move my carry-on, because a person got on late and should have checked her large bag. All of us are entitled to put our carry-on in the overhead bins. If you can't pay to check your luggage, stay home.