'Barbershop' Actor

I Was Kicked Off Plane

Because I'm Black

9/1/2011 11:25 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0831_united_michael_colyar_getty_EXD

United Airlines is investigating a complaint made by an actor who appeared on the TV show "Barbershop" after he claimed he was kicked off of a flight simply because he was black.

Michael Colyar claims he was booted from his flight at Dulles International Airport in Virginia after he refused to allow a flight attendant to move his luggage from the overhead storage bin ... so a white passenger could stow her bag there instead.

Colyar claims the flight attendant gave him dirty looks when he denied her request -- so he inquired about filing a complaint. That's when Colyar says he was approached by security, who removed the actor from the flight.

Colyar blogged about the incident ... saying, "The flight attendant and her friend got just what they wanted, the n**ger off the plane. I'm sure they feel a great triumph in putting an uppity n**ger in his place."

He adds, "At the least I should be suing United Airlines for theft of services, public humiliation and defamation of character."

United Airlines tells TMZ ... "As a global airline with a diverse workforce, United has zero tolerance for any type of discrimination and we take every such matter seriously. We spoke to Mr. Colyar  Wednesday so that we can address his concerns, and committed to get back to him as we learn more from our coworkers and other customers onboard.”

Sources connected to the incident tell us multiple passengers have been interviewed about the situation -- and several people said Colyar was loud with the flight attendant and had become an unruly passenger.

Michael

he should sue himself for public humiliation and defamation of character.

Justice_4_Kelly

"after he refused to allow a flight attendant to move his luggage from the overhead storage bin"

Hey you race baiting jackass, flight attendants will routinely move around baggage to make space for other passengers. Race has nothing to do with it.

Its not like they threw his bag out the plane and made him pay to check it in.

What a jackass.

charley

I doubt this story very much....he's not telling the other side...whadda (p) rick.....so tired of the black race card......whats the real story azz ole?

Ann

Is he kidding with this nonsense!

ME

So he would not let the flight attendant move his luggage for a WHITE passenger... who is the racist here?

Cheryl A.

I AM SOOOOO SICK OF THE RACE CARD BEING PLAYED EVERY TIME A BLACK PERSON DOES SOMETHING STUPID AND SOMEBODY DOES SOMETHING ABOUT IT. This guy forgot to mention that he was loud and belligerent and even THAT won't get you kicked off a plane unless something else is going on. Someday, hispanics are going to be the majority and hopefully the race card is no longer an issue.

Dennis

Yup....jump to the race card right away. Hmmmmmmm ya think maybe they attendant was looking at the size of his carry on luggage in the overhead rather than the color of his skin?? I've had my luggage removed from the overhead before and placed under the seat so that another passengers luggage that wouldn't fit under the seat could use the overhead.....and get this.....I'M WHITE!!!! So all the airlines must clearly be racist towards everyone. Let's ALL sue every airline there is.

UGH give me a break.

Asian 101

Being a minority I feel I can say this....Black people will never have the respect they desire if they keep using the race card every time they feel cheated or disrespected!

coffeeguy

So another moron delutes the true meaning of racesist.

Tina

Wow it doesn't suprise me. Blacks love to play THAT card. Whiners!!

Tonya

Give me a break..... What are you broke??? Not the race card again.

LisaL

Oh good lord. Yeah right. What a load of horsecrap.
I'm sure he got kicked off the plane b/c he was being a douche, not b/c of his skin color.
Douchebag

duesch

TNB

Mike S

Just another guy with a chip on his shoulder putting words in another person's mouth to cover for his insecurities. However, the flight attendant did they right thing by getting a*hole off the plane.

spyke

You miserable old fart! I am sure when Rosa Parks risked everything to stand up for the rights of your people she was hoping that over half a century later jerks like you would be playing the race card. You obviously have no idea what real discrimination is, go hang up your hat in a nursing home.