'Barbershop' Actor

I Was Kicked Off Plane

Because I'm Black

9/1/2011 11:25 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0831_united_michael_colyar_getty_EXD

United Airlines is investigating a complaint made by an actor who appeared on the TV show "Barbershop" after he claimed he was kicked off of a flight simply because he was black.

Michael Colyar claims he was booted from his flight at Dulles International Airport in Virginia after he refused to allow a flight attendant to move his luggage from the overhead storage bin ... so a white passenger could stow her bag there instead.

Colyar claims the flight attendant gave him dirty looks when he denied her request -- so he inquired about filing a complaint. That's when Colyar says he was approached by security, who removed the actor from the flight.

Colyar blogged about the incident ... saying, "The flight attendant and her friend got just what they wanted, the n**ger off the plane. I'm sure they feel a great triumph in putting an uppity n**ger in his place."

He adds, "At the least I should be suing United Airlines for theft of services, public humiliation and defamation of character."

United Airlines tells TMZ ... "As a global airline with a diverse workforce, United has zero tolerance for any type of discrimination and we take every such matter seriously. We spoke to Mr. Colyar  Wednesday so that we can address his concerns, and committed to get back to him as we learn more from our coworkers and other customers onboard.”

Sources connected to the incident tell us multiple passengers have been interviewed about the situation -- and several people said Colyar was loud with the flight attendant and had become an unruly passenger.

Justice_4_Kelly

Let him have it...

Machelle

Spare me Mr. Colyar
and save your drama
for your mama.
Sure, they maybe weren't
right for kicking you off
the plane but for Pete's sake
why does your color have to have
anything to do with it? Man, it ain't
1968 anymore- get over it- and yourself loser. I just clinch
my teeth when people perpetuate this racist stuff by thinking it's their race that is the reason for any injustice they're being served----- CRIPE!

Jay

Race card again? Why am I not suprised!

BT

That race card is played out. How did they know whos bag it was until they went to move it. I have seen my bag moved so they could fit more in the storage bin. This poor guy must live a misserable life alway looking for problems.

$$

What character?

growup

I hardly see how moving a piece of luggage so ALL passenger's luggage can fit is racist. Sheesh. People with racist chips on their shoulders are so annoying.

zoe

good grief! I'm sure that's NOT how it went down. The race card is so yesterday!

richards

this is standard procedure, not racism.

FruitSalad

No , its because your an idiot. Playing the race card is a lame thing to do. How much longer and black people going to keep dealing that deck ? How many years has it been since blacks were freed ? 100's ? Time to get over it.

Karlotta

My guess would be the flight attendant was trying to reposition his luggage in the overhead bin so that another carryon would fit in the bin, and this guy got an attitude about it. It's almost laughable that he would even attempt this excuse when there were other witnesses on the plane who will testify that his rendition of what happened isn't even close to what actually happened.

DirtySouth

But they don't dispute what he said. Unruly is in the eye of the beholder. I'd be loud, too, though, if what he says happened actually happened. His accusation doesn't sound far-fetched.

Penny

This excuse is wore out. If you are being a jerk and get youself kicked off the plane believe me it has nothing to do with the color of your skin. It is all about the ass you are making of yourself.

tgrfan42069

enter the race card

Buckyball

Wow, sounds like someone is starving for attention. I guess your House Party 3 royalty check didn't come this week. Idiot!

Areader

Playing the race card is old Mr Colyar...real old!