'Barbershop' Actor

I Was Kicked Off Plane

Because I'm Black

9/1/2011 11:25 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0831_united_michael_colyar_getty_EXD

United Airlines is investigating a complaint made by an actor who appeared on the TV show "Barbershop" after he claimed he was kicked off of a flight simply because he was black.

Michael Colyar claims he was booted from his flight at Dulles International Airport in Virginia after he refused to allow a flight attendant to move his luggage from the overhead storage bin ... so a white passenger could stow her bag there instead.

Colyar claims the flight attendant gave him dirty looks when he denied her request -- so he inquired about filing a complaint. That's when Colyar says he was approached by security, who removed the actor from the flight.

Colyar blogged about the incident ... saying, "The flight attendant and her friend got just what they wanted, the n**ger off the plane. I'm sure they feel a great triumph in putting an uppity n**ger in his place."

He adds, "At the least I should be suing United Airlines for theft of services, public humiliation and defamation of character."

United Airlines tells TMZ ... "As a global airline with a diverse workforce, United has zero tolerance for any type of discrimination and we take every such matter seriously. We spoke to Mr. Colyar  Wednesday so that we can address his concerns, and committed to get back to him as we learn more from our coworkers and other customers onboard.”

Sources connected to the incident tell us multiple passengers have been interviewed about the situation -- and several people said Colyar was loud with the flight attendant and had become an unruly passenger.

nosy_parker

err they dont like brits either, my friend was treated like an idiot at the airport when she went to maryland.

Linda

Pulling the race card because you were a "Bin Hog" is getting old..You just thought you were special and had your own personal overhead bin...Get over with on the racist charges and allegations..sheesh

Kc

Oh please....I am sure that there is way more to this story than he is saying. The only people who seem to have a problem with black people...are black people themselves. Get over it already....and stop using your colour as an excuse for everything!

Mike

I'm sure it had nothing to do with him acting like a first class A-hole on the plane.

Jodi

LOL...I'm more than sure Michael is blowing this incident waaaay out of proportion.

I'm black and have flown many times and have never been asked to remove my luggage from the overhead bin to let a white passenger put their luggage there. This does nnot sound right. I think he's looking for a paycheck. I saw Barbershop but don't remember him.

Ball`s has no Ball`s

*********** Please.You be stupid.

Trump

So sick of people using the race card. He obviously did something to get himself kicked off the plane and is too embarrassed and now is pulling the "it's cuz I'm black" card. ugh, over it.

Caleigh

Really? I wonder how much "luggage" he had in that overhead bin? All of it! Isn't there room for everyone to put something in the overhead bin? Was he hogging the overhead bin? Lets place blame where is blame is due and I'm pretty sure United is not to blame!

nosy_parker

he's lucky! I had conrad murray looking at me from the wing of the plane last time i flew to los angeles.

PT

Probably drunk and/or effed up on something. You don't F around on planes. Serves you right, arsehole.

terry j vey

I am willing to bet it is another person pulling the race card at the drop of a dime.

Observer

This guy won the top prize on Star Search back in the day. $100,000 and he gave every nickel of it to the homeless. Anyone that generous can't be all bad. Everyone has bad days. Godspeed Michael Colyar.

Brando

Race Card: Never leave home without it

Courtney

I think its a pattern with this airline.....

follow these links and see what happened to a friend of mine.

Don't be so quick to assume that race ISN'T the issue at hand :-(

carol

Stop using race as an excuse you idiot. Got kicked off plane because you are a loudmouth. Other passengers saw you or did you forget that. The race card crap is old - doesn't fly and you shouldn't be allowed to either.