Lindsay Goes to Extremes

With Billy Joel Tattoo

9/1/2011 5:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0831_lilo_tatoo_tmz_wm
They're both from Long Island ... they're both terrible drivers ... and now Lindsay Lohan and Billy Joel have something else in common ... his lyrics tattooed on her body -- and TMZ has the photo.

LiLo rolled over to her favorite L.A. tattoo shop -- Shamrock Tattoos -- this week and got the words "Clear as a crystal, sharp as a knife I feel like I'm in the prime of my life" inked on her rib cage.

For those who weren't around during the "Storm Front" years -- the lyrics are from Joel's 1989 song, "I Go to Extremes." Pretty good song ... doesn't hold a candle to "We Didn't Start The Fire" though.

We're told Lindsay felt the lyric was important to her because "It represented where she is in life and everything she's been through ... it signifies that she's focused."

0915_tattoo_footer

Rogue Warrior

Dilo is completely FOS!!! How do we KNOW, by her track record of BS. When I look at, or read about Lindsay, I immediately think of a miniature Dilo and I H8 that bietch. I don't feel as strongly about Linds as I do as her mom, however another 6 months of idiotic decision making and they will be neck and neck.

I don't care if she has 4 FOUR movies in the pipeline, all together they wouldn't TOUCH the mike opportunity she blew by being "difficult".

FUTMZ

linds dunt cair wot u think she is on top and on set aginn and ali is a rele star now 2

andyconda

if you tattooed lindsays body in blue,with all the names of the degenerates,disgusting, people, men and women that have porked her... she would look like smurfets mother

TMS

If getting a tattoo on her side is what it takes for her to wear a bra, then I say, keep getting side tattoos!

andyconda

she also has "inflte to 32 lbs." on the inside of her bottom lip..
she has "enter at your own risk" just above her horrible mess of dogmeat cha cha..
she has "one at a time" inside her crust freckled butt cheek...

futmz

Come on back, Lindsay. We'll up it to 2 cases of champagne, a carton of Camel's and we'll even pay for your assistant's therapy. For 1 month. Fair? We think so. You don't even have to call us - just Tweet like you did last time.

Carissa

People get tattoos for different reasons, and may love it. If you don't, don't get one. That simple. I think hers is kinda cool, but very in much oppositional to her life.

robert paul wilson

Why don't Lindsay and Billy get together!!! I would LOVE to be there and participate with my daughter (she has had the first and second page of the New York Times entertainment section...I have had the back cover and two full pages of the same Life Magazine...she...my daughter... has performed in central park)(I have starred in movies and television{two emmy awards})...We could kill...if that interests you Billy. I play piano, sax, guitar and oboe...I could give a **** about the money(only another medium of exchange)....I want the fun....I love your genre. I will not let you down. BOB Am I too old??

Me

Lindsay ruins a beautiful body with ugly tattoos that are for life. She is skinny because, she is hooked on some type of illicit drug. She was decent in the remake of the parent trap but, that was years ago. Prime of your life means stealing a necklace and tattooed like a street whore. Geesh. I want off of this planet.

H.T

This girl really needs someone to guide her, and stop the stupid ****. Is she that dumb to think that a tattoo is going to show people and Hollywood that she has changed. What a loser she/ is along with her family!

Vinsetta

she's gonna have to wear a bra now for anyone to read it.

rosita

Bad punctuation. Forgot the comma after ship.

ilovegossip

Ugh... just saw the video on X17, and it looks like Ali is smoking!

She's baaaack

(1) Needs a slight bit of punctuation. (2) Tattoo artists should hold off on drugs and/or alcohol until their shift is over or their artistry gets all skewed, sort of like the letters on her tat unevenly spaced, going off in all directions and making a curving line. Bad choice Linds, but that's pretty much par for the course with you anyhow.

Jenny

that's a great album, first one I bought with my own money, too bad she's ruining those words by putting them on her body... I thought she couldn't afford counseling but she can afford the little things... Keep making those life changing decisions Lohan!