Lindsay Goes to Extremes

With Billy Joel Tattoo

9/1/2011 5:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0831_lilo_tatoo_tmz_wm
They're both from Long Island ... they're both terrible drivers ... and now Lindsay Lohan and Billy Joel have something else in common ... his lyrics tattooed on her body -- and TMZ has the photo.

LiLo rolled over to her favorite L.A. tattoo shop -- Shamrock Tattoos -- this week and got the words "Clear as a crystal, sharp as a knife I feel like I'm in the prime of my life" inked on her rib cage.

For those who weren't around during the "Storm Front" years -- the lyrics are from Joel's 1989 song, "I Go to Extremes." Pretty good song ... doesn't hold a candle to "We Didn't Start The Fire" though.

We're told Lindsay felt the lyric was important to her because "It represented where she is in life and everything she's been through ... it signifies that she's focused."

0915_tattoo_footer

Nicole

Sooo awesome

Nikki

How much did TMZ pay her for this picture?? Seems to be the only way she makes money these days

Shes such a copy cat wanna be, alot of rappers have tats with lyrics, maybe she thinks Chris Brown will be interested in her now...NOT!

Rhubino

Unfortunately, there's no Control-Z with a tattoo.

Ih8Taxes

Does she have a press agent that takes these pictures of her and then forwards them to TMZ?

Kathy

Is this what this girl does all day--get tattoos? She is too young to let her life slip away like this.

DillonHenrietta

i cant believe this!! me and my sister just got two i-pads for $42.77 each and a $50 amazon card for $9. the stores want to keep this a secret and they dont tell you. go here BidsOut.com

Nikki

She should get a big bold tattoo across her balding forehead that reads

"I'M STUPID"!

tiff

Dear God, soon we will be getting exclusive reports from TMZ everytime this awful woman evacuates her bowels.

bagladey

Druggie shena****ns. What draws my immediate attention is that there's obviously a comma missing in the first line, the spacing is uneven in the second line AND Lindsay is wearing a BRA! Lindsay's boring.

3Storms

It should read "Stoned as a mountain, dull as a retard"

Trixie39

Do my eyes deceive me or is Lindsay wearing a BRA????? Hell must've frozen over!

Jarrell

Billy Joel should sue her now.

Blood Red Witch

It signifies that she has the mentality of a 15 year old!

Right now she is asking Dina, "What is a coma? All these people keep saying I am missing a coma. Where can I steal one?"

themare

She should get a tat on her forehead that reads, "WARNING, I HAVE HERPES. ENTER AT YOUR OWN RRISK"

Machelle

There's too much
space after "I feel like"
and "I'm in the prime of
my life"! Also the second line
on the right side is too low!
Yuck