Lindsay Goes to Extremes

With Billy Joel Tattoo

9/1/2011 5:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0831_lilo_tatoo_tmz_wm
They're both from Long Island ... they're both terrible drivers ... and now Lindsay Lohan and Billy Joel have something else in common ... his lyrics tattooed on her body -- and TMZ has the photo.

LiLo rolled over to her favorite L.A. tattoo shop -- Shamrock Tattoos -- this week and got the words "Clear as a crystal, sharp as a knife I feel like I'm in the prime of my life" inked on her rib cage.

For those who weren't around during the "Storm Front" years -- the lyrics are from Joel's 1989 song, "I Go to Extremes." Pretty good song ... doesn't hold a candle to "We Didn't Start The Fire" though.

We're told Lindsay felt the lyric was important to her because "It represented where she is in life and everything she's been through ... it signifies that she's focused."

0915_tattoo_footer

Blood Red Witch

Her forehead would have to be the size of a billboard in order to hold all the warning label tats needed. Oh, wait..............

Jay

YUCK!

andy

Sooooo, . . . Lindsay, . . . I'm guessing that you must have "worked" this little tattoo in, in between community service sessions, . . . right???
Good luck, on your next court date!!!!!!
GOOD GRIEF!!!

CC - THE ORIGINAL

I know I'm being anal, but, I just HATE when these people get tatoo's and they're crooked...the second line goes down on a slight slope....AND, there's too big of a space between the "like" and "I'm" in the second line.
This just bothers the crap outta me...Angelina Jolie has those "scrolls" on her arm for each of her kids....there's one thats "out of line" with the others.
Do these people just get drunk and go to Joe Schmo's Tatoo's, open 24 hours??
All their money, you'd think they'd get a tatoo "artist" who'd get things all lined up!!!

janet

She is such an idiot. Has she done more than 4 days of CS.

Mikey

Dana Plato is back...

Grandma Cracker

Wow, if you look between the story and where you post there is a huge ad for "Billy Joel live at Shea Stadium"

Now she is selling space on her body for advertising? This is a brand new flavor of desperation and NICOLE calls it soooo awesome? Seriously?

Where is Delmar? We need the voice of reason, this is NUTS!

Meanie

Tattoos make you look like a trailer trash skank.

MIDNIGHT TOKER

sorry but with a few beers I would still hit it for sure

Sloane

what won't she do to keep her name on people's lips
guess, the way it is with little kids who act out at home, she's decided that negative attention is better than no attention maybe

L-LOFAN

That is the most brilliant piece of art ever, and Lindsay knows what she's doing. The glitches that everyone is complaining about were put there on purpose to show how fragile and vulnerable Lindsay really is. She's an icon and has the best taste. This will mark the beginning of her comeback.

RealityBites

Real smart, make yourself even less likely to get hired, they don't want to have to deal with having to cover up your stupid tats, these girls need to learn that....

freaksloan

I hope Billy Joel sues her, that is copyright infringement.

Quinn

I love Billy Joel and all but give me a break, she chooses lyrics from a guy who is an alcoholic. - God Bless Billy, I hope he can finally overcome his addiction, however, yet again, Ms. Lohan has missed the mark.

I don't eat chips

Still delusional and making bad decisions.
Nothing to see here, move along folks.