Lindsay Goes to Extremes

With Billy Joel Tattoo

9/1/2011 5:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0831_lilo_tatoo_tmz_wm
They're both from Long Island ... they're both terrible drivers ... and now Lindsay Lohan and Billy Joel have something else in common ... his lyrics tattooed on her body -- and TMZ has the photo.

LiLo rolled over to her favorite L.A. tattoo shop -- Shamrock Tattoos -- this week and got the words "Clear as a crystal, sharp as a knife I feel like I'm in the prime of my life" inked on her rib cage.

For those who weren't around during the "Storm Front" years -- the lyrics are from Joel's 1989 song, "I Go to Extremes." Pretty good song ... doesn't hold a candle to "We Didn't Start The Fire" though.

We're told Lindsay felt the lyric was important to her because "It represented where she is in life and everything she's been through ... it signifies that she's focused."

0915_tattoo_footer

lina

anyone else notice the missing comma (,) after 'crystal'? lindsay might want to go back and make it grammatically correct...

Alyssa

Prime of her life??? HaHa...I thought she was closer to bottoming out.

Judy

quess what !! nobody cares !!

Stanley

Pfew... I can sleep again knowing this...

Ray

This chick is just soooo messed up it's not funny anymore.

lvslezak

Lindsay is awesome. I would love to have the chance to hang out with her sometime. Lindsay, if you're ever near Pittsburgh, look me up.

sadaf

lindsay i love u so so so much

alison

WHO CARES ! THERE ARE MORE IMPORTANT THINGS GOING ON IN THE WORLD THAN FREAKING OUT OVER A STUPID TATTOO!!

Tex

I've seen a few comments about "She can afford this but not....". Just how much does a tattoo cost? I have no idea. Would love some responses.

tb

@Sadaf: What do you love about her? Her drug/drinking additions? Her acting (she hasn't done a movie in YEARS? Her blatant disinterest to take her life/law serious? Her many court appearances? Her failed drug tests? Her ankle monitor? Her throwing money away on stupid stuff instead of getting real help? Her excuses and apologies that never are fulfilled? Her promise to community service she never does? Her appearances (she looks like a 50 year old due to drugs, alcohol, and smoking)? Her being a crappy role model to kids? Her doctored lips? Her slapping the court system and everyone that actually is pulling for her in the face?

Really? Is this the type of person we LOVE and adore? It's people that fall over her that are the ones enabling her.

Grandma Cracker

Crooked, missing punctuation, poorly spaced......

It sure looks like "Shamrock Tattoo" does some pretty substandard work. Lindsay, I'm sure Shamrock will love ya for all this negative press.

BETTYBOOP

LOVE THE TATTOO LINDSAY BUT PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE GO BACK TO BEING A REDHEAD...YOU ARE A BEAUTIFUL REDHEAD BUT AS A BLONDE YOU LOOK OLD AND ALOT LESS BEAUTIFUL.BLONDE MAKES YOU LOOK LIKE YOUR MOTHER! AND LINDSAY, THATS NOT A GOOD THING.LOVE YOU AND I BELIEVE YOU ARE A VERY GOOD ACTRESS NO MATTER WHO SAYS DIFFERENT.LOVE YA GIRL...

jwoolman

I dunno, Lindsay - if you have to announce to the world how focused you are, maybe you're not....

But maybe it's a temporary non-needle type tattoo. Doesn't it take a while for the skin to heal after one? Or are newer techniques less of a problem? Anyway, there is no sign of any reaction on her skin to this, making it hard to believe it was just done this week if with a needle. Quite a lot to go through just to get another TMZ story!

Jay

Prime of her life? The only way the word prime applies to Lindsay Lohan is that she looks like an overcooked piece of dry piece of prime meat! So wrinkled and tanned nasty!

chucklehead

who cares? can we please put her in the same column as pari******on and leave her there.