T.I.

Back in Federal Custody

9/2/2011 6:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0901_ti_BN_01
After only a day in the semi-real world following months in prison, T.I. is already back in federal custody.

The Federal Bureau of Prisons confirms to TMZ that the rapper checked into a federal penitentiary in Atlanta last night, but would not elaborate further.

According to T.I.'s lawyer, Steve Sadow, he's back in federal custody because of an issue involving his trip from the Arkansas prison to his Atlanta halfway house on a luxury bus on Wednesday.

Sadow tells TMZ, "We are awaiting the opportunity to quickly resolve whatever the issue may be that the Federal Bureau of Prisons has with T.I.'s method of transportation, bus, from Arkansas to Atlanta, so that T.I. can return to the halfway house to complete the remaining days of his sentence."

Sadow adds the issue was not drug-related.

T.I. was sentenced in October to 11 months in prison for violating his probation, but was let out early. He was to complete the rest of his sentence in the halfway house.

Story developing ...

update_bar
5:55 AM: TMZ spoke with T.I.'s uncle, who reiterated to us ... T.I. was not drinking on the bus to Atlanta and showed up to the halfway house sober and on time. The uncle says T.I. "stopped drinking a long time ago."

6:27 AM: Sources connected to T.I. tell us there was no alcohol or drugs on the bus.

PG

Ala BlowHan.

crimsons

Who?

Jay

Wow that was quick!

Tammy

T.I.- Just do your time in jail, so you can get control of your life back! Probation or early release or anything other than your full time is just a way to keep you under their thumb. Do your complete time and walk out a free man, so you don't have to be bothered again.

bunny

It could be him eating on the bus. Since when do inmates get to eat on the bus when they should be shackled?

dontlikeme

So who don't have a problem or situation in this world..noone is just gonna just go to prison because they like it..i believe it's something more.They seem to be taking the rappers out slowly but surely..whatz next ..the r&bs?

Mindy

Please leave this man alone. He has done his time and he is trying oh so hard to please the public. Let him do his music thing and bring awareness to Alzheimer's. Just sayin....

Emmanuelm david

why is T.I. Back in custody

dj xcon

dammmititt i wanted some fat beats

Chef Jack Tripper

The mentally retarded refuse to listen rap because they find it as a insult to their intelligence.

OZBEATZ

90% of all ur comments...JUST HATE'in...You people are pathetic...HAHA HATERS!!! T.I. is still the KING SNITCHES!!!

Snooki'sHairBump

That has to be a world record for being released and put back into jail in only a couple of days.

I knew he couldn't stay away. Jail is his home.

Taunya

Sounds as though they are just mad because his mode of transportation is better than theirs.

lisa

i tjink it bs that he got out eraly and all that has to do wit is his show this is all bull**** let someone wit out money do this **** they wrould still be seating poor him make me scik

Mark Mallett

I think it should be the responsibility of the state who has custody. I went to a reception prison then waited for the state van to shackle us up and take us to the halfway house. Since technically you are still a state inmate. That is how California does it.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments