'NCIS' Actor

Dead Mother Insult Led to Violence

9/2/2011 7:24 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0902_David_Dayan_Fisher_getty_EX
"NCIS" actor David Fisher tells TMZ ... he only got violent with his neighbor yesterday in self-defense AFTER the neighbor talked smack about David's dead mother.

Fisher was arrested on suspicion of battery in L.A. yesterday ... and the neighbor told police Fisher choked him ... but the actor tells us he was only acting out of self-defense.

Fisher says he and his neighbor used to be friends -- and the neighbor even comforted the actor when David's mother died. But the relationship soured ... and things came to a head yesterday when the two began arguing about wet towels the neighbor had hung out to dry in their apartment complex.

Fisher claims the landlord told him to speak with the neighbor himself ... but when he approached the guy, the neighbor screamed, "Are you still crying about your dead mommy?" Fisher claims the neighbor then got violent with him ... so he got violent back -- but claims it was only in self-defense.

Fisher tells us, "I was pushed by my neighbor and further provoked when he referenced to my dead mother. My actions were in self-defense. I am not a violent person."

Stan

This actor must have problems. Normal people don't attack. He must be a Republican

Sandi

It was the managers job to go to the neighbor about the towels hanging in a common area, that's what he is paid for.
To tell one tenant to go deal with another is shirking his responsibilities.
I hope the manager gets a stern talking-to about what he was actually supposed to do in that situation.

Stephen a Dixon

Was not his place and sounds like he was the physical aggressor. bullies always say im not a violent person!!and crazy people always say Hay!Im not crazy!!

LiveOutLoud

That guy got what he deserved. You talk about someone's dead mother, you're playing with fire.

en Todo Momento!!

well, really, the only way to respond to a statement like that without getting the law in your face, is to say: no, i'm having nightmares that i was effin yours! lol, that should ease the fire!!

Barb

Landlords don't usually tell a tenant to talk to the tenant when they have a complaint. They are paid intervene to prevent this kind of thing from happening. The actor said that the neighbor got violent with him first.

jennifer

I know this guy. He's hot hot !
Sounds like the neighbor is an idiot.

lisa G

I know this guy and he is a good guy. He stands his ground but is not violent. I would defend myself also. Pretty low making a jab at a dead relative.

cileford

I love this guy on NCIS...lol!! OHhhoooo NOoooo!!

dave

the wet towels are enough to warrant a choking.

Dennis

I'd be in jail for murder if someone said that to me.

Saad

This is sort of ******* stupid, it's not like he swore when it came to talking about his deceased mom.

boxyroom

Anger management. If all snarky comments would elicit such bad behavior, then a lot of people will be in jail now. Self-constraint should be exhibited.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2