T.I.

Accused of Tour Bus

Bait and Switch

9/2/2011 7:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0901_ti_2_tmz_EX
TMZ has learned ... the reason T.I. was hauled back to prison from his halfway house is that he allegedly misled prison officials into thinking he'd take a low-key mode of transportation from the prison to the halfway house -- and a tricked out tour bus isn't low-key.

Law enforcement sources tell TMZ -- when a prisoner is incarcerated in a low or medium security prison ... prison officials can allow the inmate to use a private, unescorted mode of transportation to travel from the prison facility to the halfway house.

During the process of approving such a transfer, the prisoner must state specifically what mode of transportation he or she will be using.  Our sources tell us ... T.I. informed prison officials he would be taking some sort of van, but made no mention of the high-end, pimped out tour bus.

0902_ti_tour_bus_AP_subWe're told prison officials felt T.I. should have fully disclosed the nature of his party bus. Neither drugs nor alcohol were found on the bus.

And get this ... law enforcement sources tell us ... when the U.S. Marshals arrived at the halfway house to take T.I. back to prison, the halfway house honcho actually got into an argument with them, saying it was ridiculous to send him back for such an alleged violation.  But the Marshals had their orders, and took T.I. back to the pokey.

Hey ... we're guessing there wasn't a box for "Tour Bus" on the form.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5

crol59

First he should have made his release as invisible as possible. Second his lavi*****tempts to flaunt his wealth could have been handled with a simple warning, a fine since the cost of housing him for 10 months is ridiculous. So in my mind TI stop being a typical black rapper flaunting your wealth and be humble that GOD has blessed you and your's. This is a wake up call for you to have a purposeful life and be remembered for the good you can do and not the money you can make. To the FED this was RIDICULOUSLY INSANE. WOW Mainly because someone had to see him leave in a big bus like that, get real. I almost smell setup because TI has been predictable, i.e TABRA--typical arrogant black rapper attitude..... FEEL FREE TO USE TABRA AS NEEDED. Signed educated black female.

Ernie

What a pile of crap. Don't care how he gets there, not even a fan of his, it pisses me off that public funds are wasted because someone wants to make a name for themself by pushing around a celebrity. Total bull**** and a waste of time and money.

bboy

racism in Amerikkka?! no way....smh

Judy

T.I. Isn't anyone that I care about, but this is insane....what diffo does it make how he arrived, the point is THAT he arrived...... Ever heard the saying "don't sweat the small stuff." It's the end result that matters. Whoever sent the police on this wild goose chase needs to lose their job. What a waste of $$$$$$

John

don't lie to the government - no entitlements to anyone.

missbigshot

I am a criminal defense attorney and know that this is bull. All he has to do is appeal and he will be released. Sounds like jealousy to me.

austin15

i cant believe this!! me and my sister just got two i-pads for $42.77 each and a $50 amazon card for $9. the stores want to keep this a secret and they dont tell you. go here BidsGet.com

crimsons

Entitled POS. Rot in jail and consider behaving like a normal law-abiding person. A reality series? With some folks just out of prison who might be trying to quietly put their lives back together, and without their consent? No wonder the warden was cranky. This guy (if you can call him/it that) has been in prison for most of his adult life. And by the way, rap is not "music." Not that I have two college degrees in music performance and 25 years a pro musician or anything...

gramercy808

This is insane. What is going on in our country? He was re-aresseted for...what...waking a bigger van?! What the hell. This is like being tried for the same crime twice - only way worse because he's back in prison.

ramione2k

just wanna know what law did he violate...and is that law written...i need to know what is the excact violation...lets get to the bottom of this matter. we can have an opinion, but we need to get the facts straight first...im a federal officer, and never heard of anything like this ever happening before...

Jen

What a serious waste of government money.

ABoss

Wow, we really have no control over our government if they can do stuff like this. Completely unfair and im two seconds away from pulling the race card. lbvs.

Me

If the prison officials were that worried they would have stopped him before he stepped foot on the bus. My question is were the guards that blind? Obviously they know the rules and Im sure were given paperwork on what he was leaving in yet they still allowed him to leave. This is the fault of the warden and the guards simply because they didn't have to release him until they checked that his vehicle was approved by the DOC. Waste of tax dollars over a bus, if it didn't say T.I on the side nobody would know he was on it so what is the issue ?

SimonaMeChelle

Really why would it really matter what he went home in? Martha Stewart caught her Private Plane after being released. . .Should he have caught the back of a UHAUL truck, or hitched hiked, himself through 4 states, to get home!

shawn

T.I and his family need to realize they aren't impressed with his status or money.it's odd, he keeps giving them cause to bother him.they need to change. they treated the release as a party and these are the results. he has to blame himself...

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5