Ice-T and Coco

Our Dog is Sooo Fly!!

9/3/2011 12:02 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

090211_TV_coco_v2_still

Ice-T and Coco have no known disabilities -- but their bulldog Spartacus was given the "service dog" treatment at LAX airport. Hmmm ... so what kinda service does ole Sparty provide anyway?

Check out TMZ on TV -- click here to see your local listings!

JLS

I'd rather fly with a plane load of dogs than some of these humans I've known in flight.

Dogs are superior.

Lady Luck

I just love Ice-T, CoCo and Spartacus....

MyKKa

thEy LOVE thEiR dOG VERy MUCh ANd hAVE dA MONEy tO AbLE hiM tO fLy Wit thEM. Oh WELL! i LOVE My PiTT N i WOULd dO dA SAME.. COCO N iCE R NOt PUttiN ShAME tO hANdiCAP OR tO SERViCE dOGz, thEy jUSz did WAt thEy COULd tO LEt thER dOG bE Wit thEM EVRyWER. bESidES y R PPL GEttN MAd?? SPARtACUS iS CUtE =]

MyKKa

HumSD

As a service dog handler, this disgusts me. Celebrities think that just because they have money, they can violate the law. Faking a service dog is against state and federal laws. They could both go to jail and lose their dog. Why risk jail to take your dog on a plane?

If they want to be disabled and take a dog on a plane, maybe Ice-T could break Coco's back so she fits the definition of disabled. I'd much rather not be disabled and just leave my dog at home.

TMZ staff, the dog has to be trained to do something that mitigates your disability to qualify as a service dog. Getting a piece of paper from some internet site saying your dog is a SD is a waste of time and money as those sites are complete scams. Emotional Support Animals can fly with special paper work but the ADA does NOT consider them service dogs!!

Lauren

wow, its stupid that its so easy.

Lisa G

What is the big deal? I would choose to sit next to that dog over most humans. Bulldogs can't be placed into the cargo area - I don't think any animal should be placed with cargo. Bulldog Moms ROCK!!

Sleepwalker

Ice Pee and his Ho do have a disability....they can't Act!

BigHoss

As someone who uses a service dog daily I find their actions offensive. I have a hard enough time getting business ignorant of the laws allowing me to enter with my dog with out people like these making it harder by so blatantly abusing the system.

Karla

1) It is not "against" federal or most state laws to "pretend" to be disabled and have a service dog. You are not going to go to jail if you lie and say your dog is a service dog.
However, you might go to hell, for being an ass, who doesn't have a clue.
Problem? I like Ice-T....Until he pulls stupidity like this.
My service dogs that I own and those that I train for others have more than 500 hours of basic obedience alone, and over 200 hours of public access work. Their hips/elbows/thyroid and cardiac are tested prior to training. They are evaluated with a special public access test(not the ADI bull crap, which is about as worthless as tits on a boar hog) by two seperate dog trainers not affiliated with my organization. My handlers must go through over 120 hours of classroom lectures.
The dogs, even my "ESA's"(emotional service animals) have more training and tasks on them than most of the service dogs put out by "so-called" organizations out there.
Ice-T, if you are a real man, you will own up to what you did as being wrong, and make a sizable donation to IAACP(international association for assistance dog partners), an organization that advocates and helps real disabled people accompanied by real service dogs to keep their dogs, and keep them working...I think a $100,000.00 is a really nice donation...more would be better.
Please notice, I did not ask for a donation to my organization, but to an org that is doing great things for the disabled consumer who has service dogs.

Wow

If passengers are allowed to bring a newborn baby that screams and cries for the entire duration of a 10 hour flight in Coach, than a trained service dog or any trained animal should be allowed to fly with their owner. I have a debilitating fear of flying and I have had to get off of the plane before it even took off because my seat was behind a screaming baby which would have sent my anxiety through the roof once we were in the air. I'm sure the passengers would rather have a trained animal accompany me and ease my anxiety than endure my fits of hyper-vhentilation, screaming, or at worst vomiting into other passengers laps. Maybe the FAA should revise the regulations to restrict newborn babies from flying. I'm sure those passengers who do not have children traveling with them would appreciate it too!

First they came for the Socialists, and I did not speak out --
Because I was not a Socialist.
Then they came for the Trade Unionists, and I did not speak out --
Because I was not a Trade Unionist.
Then they came for the Jews, and I did not speak out --
Because I was not a Jew.
Then they came for me -- and there was no one left to speak for me.

Candice

you can also fly with an emotional support animal with appropriate do***entation from a dr. To have a SD you MUST have a disability or you ARE breaking the law. Without seeing what exactly his vest says i'm not going to judge n say they are. and to the reporter who mentioned certification read the ADA you dont need do***entation/certification/registration for SD to be legit. you need a Trained Dog that mitigates the disabled handlers disability.

Helperdognme

Not cool. Not funny. Stupid, uneducated people. A vest does not a service dog make! And... a person MUST BE DISABLED! You CAN get fined and you CAN get into trouble if you are caught. If you are traveling, it is Federal law... not so nice. REALLY... faking a service dog is NOT cool and just makes it more difficult for those of us who ARE disabled and have REAL service dogs that we NEED to help us function in everyday life. SHAME ON YOU!

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2