Anthony Michael Hall

Neighbors FRIGHTENED

'He Wants to Fight Everyone'

9/6/2011 12:45 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0905_anthony-michael_hall_ex_2
Anthony Michael Hall
has been scaring the crap out of his neighbors for months ... screaming obscenities and challenging people to fights in the street ... this according to sources close to the actor.

Several people who live near Hall in Playa del Rey, CA tell TMZ ... when Hall was arrested for allegedly terrorizing his condo complex last night, no one was shocked because he's been acting strange for a while.

We're told Hall is often seen acting aggressive outside of his unit -- cussing at people who walk by, flipping them off and even attempting to squirt people with a hose ... for no apparent reason.

Our sources say neighbors complained to the housing association ... but no action had been taken against Hall.

One person tells us, "I have considered buying a gun to stay safe from Hall ... he's the scariest person I've ever encountered in my life."

Cheetara

Whatever happened to that nice, funny boy from "Weird Science?"

TIFFANY

awww. he is one of my favorite bratt packers.. he must be depressed and wants work.. poor thing.. I hope he gets help before someone wipps his ass.

Flying Blind

Steroids, they make you crazy.

ChloeMarie

oh, grow up you little twit. you were actually interesting as a nerd...

Justine07

Aw, Farmer Ted! I'm sad to read this - hope he can pull it together and find happiness, he gave us many laughs back in the 80s's.

Bad Motherhugger

This man needs medical / psychiatric attention ASAP or a tragedy is going to happen! Period.

Simone

Seems like he may have a mental disorder of some sort or he may be on drugs or a little bit of both.

Jill Kennedy

Rock the Casbah, duckie.

marianne

from what I have heard, he suffers from bipolar disorder. sad really

stereogirl

He's got a mental illness. I think I remember hearing he's either bi-polar or schizophrenic. I can't remember which one. You'd think that would've been mentioned in the story as it seems pretty relevant.

moyra

That is such a shame. I loved him in the Dead Zone. Perhaps he needs some therapy or is terribly stressed out. Who knows what the situation is with him, but something needs to be done. This type of situation will not go away on it's own.

MrsRRB

This guy is about as crazy as they get. We don't even know a fraction of just how weird and mentally ill he is. Stay clear of this one, he's dangerous

Bob Dalzell

Who the heck is Michael Hall?

JJ

He takes meds for something, can't remember what it's for. This is probably happening because he's not taking his meds. Hope he realizes what's going on and is doing better soon.

Ace

This is a setup folks, look for him to be on the next celebrity rehab with "rage"issues, it's all a game...