Chaz Bono on 'Dancing'

I'll Have a 'POSITIVE IMPACT'

On Kids with Gender Dysphoria

9/6/2011 8:40 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

090611_chaz_videoChaz Bono believes his stint on "Dancing with the Stars" will have a "positive impact on kids with gender dysphoria" -- and says it's "crazy" that people are boycotting the show.

Chaz appeared on "Good Morning America" and told George Stephanopoulos, "When I was growing up, if I would have seen someone like me on a show like this, it would have made all the difference in the world."

In the end, Chaz says he's just "a regular guy."

0906_dwts_footer

tracker

TMZ,PLEASE STOP THE BULL****..EQUAL TIME FOR THE CONTESTANTS..YOU ARE BEING VERYYYYYYYYY UNFAIR TO THE OTHERS.OH YEH & I STILL DON,T WANT TO SEE BONO ON THE SHOW...BUT THEN I DON,T WANT TO SEE ROB K. EITHER..

kathy

What a group of ignorant people that have commented; this is 2011 and times have shown that as a people we have a choice. It might not be my choice, but for such mean, stupid people out there is really sad. I think Chaz will do really well, and what courage he has for putting himself out there. Good Luck, and congratulations to Lacy for being so supportive. Take CAre

Jan

Chaz is an ADULT and what he did to his body is not illegal. With that said, children are CHILDREN and this is an adult topic and he does not need to be trying to convince children that he is a good roll model. I stopped watching his do***entary when Chaz got in the pool with a little girl in a boy's bathing suit and explained that"he" would not have to go through the pain that Chaz did because the child would be receiving hormone blocking therapy to prevent her from becoming a female adult.Now that bothers me.

Mikey

Most people know that when Chastity Bono says she's a man she's lying. She has a vagina and is just dressing in mens clothing. But if advertisers on the show think its ok to lie what does that say about they're products? Are they lying to the viewers also?

Village

You go Chaz.

pumpiumpiumkin

I will never understand why people think everyone has to think or believe or act or live like everyone else. We are all different and no one human has more of a right then another to live their best life whatever that may be. We are all equal and should respect each others right to pursue happiness, fulfillment and love. We are way past the uneducated belief that gay people are all perverts that only want to molest your children. Grow up. I am a 52 year old straight single woman that spent most of my life in the Mormon church. I was taught to be prejudice and fearful. Now that I am out of that nightmare I finally understand what compassion and love are. Live your life and let others live theirs.

Twee Papillons

Wow, I can't believe what ******** people can be! You are the ones making an issue of this, not Chaz! If you don't want your kids to see or know about this..turn the tv off and keep your mouths shut. I think Chaz is wonderful and brave for opening himself up to this BS for the sake of helping others like him. Chaz..keep up the good work! I will be watching and voting for you!

Claus

It is scripted to almost be movie villian provocative! Kids suffering from the same illness need help. Not to be encouraged by this freakshow!

Meanie

The only influence it`s going to have is when the little kids look at their parents and say: Why is that fat person trying to dance.

Roxanne Stones

I'm not a fan of the show, but best of luck to you Chaz.

*Is amazed of all the cruel people in this world, and actually thinks most of them hang out @ TMZ.* **thumbs down**

TJ123

Sonny Bono must be rolling in his grave !

coastal

First of all, "Chaz" is not just a regular guy. "He" is still a female. Removing your breasts and taking male hormones does NOT make you a male. However, if she feels better about herself after doing that, fine with me. And second, he/she is not a star. His mother Cher was a star. He/she is simply Cher's daughter. But I guess if they let a Kardashian on the show, they have to let everyone on.

soulofanangel

--------------------------------
C ouldn't stand CHER
--------------------------------
H as no career
--------------------------------
A spires to false fame
--------------------------------
Z ilch in the achievement arena
--------------------------------

JLS

Good for him. Good luck, Chaz!

Nobody should be able to dictate or determine what another does with their body or their personal lives. No laws were broken here. To hell with all these right wing NUTS.

CC

What Chaz said - In the end, Chaz says he's just "a regular guy."
What Chaz should have said - In the end, Chaz should have said she's just "livin' a lie"