Chaz Bono on 'Dancing'

I'll Have a 'POSITIVE IMPACT'

On Kids with Gender Dysphoria

9/6/2011 8:40 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

090611_chaz_videoChaz Bono believes his stint on "Dancing with the Stars" will have a "positive impact on kids with gender dysphoria" -- and says it's "crazy" that people are boycotting the show.

Chaz appeared on "Good Morning America" and told George Stephanopoulos, "When I was growing up, if I would have seen someone like me on a show like this, it would have made all the difference in the world."

In the end, Chaz says he's just "a regular guy."

0906_dwts_footer

Pat

that's ridiculous rational, because it would require that the parent tell their kids that this man wasn't always a man, who would bother if he's so manly looking that he passes-not

Will

Big deal. I guess many people posting here have never heard of transgendered people before. You see them everywhere in the city. I can only imagine the comments if they let a dwarf or someone with down syndrome dance on the show. Hateful America. Reminds me of Iran.

PAHairston

I wonder, when Yellowstone blows, will this bull**** be a concern to most folks? I think not. Peace.

D2dianne

Does anyone have any compassion anymore? Chaz was brave in first coming out, and then in publicly announcing his choice to change into what he was supposed to be born as. I'm happy for him. I've watched him ever since he was a child growing up his folk's show. And for the record, I'm a happily married straight woman. You go Chaz!!!

kim purdy

Guess what people..... Chaz became a guy because he felt he was a guy. Walk a mile in their shoes before you think you can judge others. Good luck Chaz!!! Dance dance dance

Marc G

The only impact Chaz is having on the show, will be the higher rating when his mother decides to appear. I wonder if Rob K's boyfriend Scott will be there to support him...I mean they are overly-affectionate on Keep Up With the Kardashians...

Get a Nose Job, please!!!

Going from a cute little girl to an Ugly, Fat, Hulk is disgusting. He belongs in a Psycho Ward not on a TV Show.
Guess She/He/It is broke and will do anything for money.

Liberty4All

I'm a Liberal, educated person and I've never heard of "gender dsyphoria" before in my life. Chaz advocating itself to be an example or role-model to youth...Seriously??The reason why she never saw anything like this on TV as a child...Standards, which TV clearly doesn't have today! All this being said, my only real problem with this...Chaz Bono is not a "star" by ANY available definition!I'm sure the "gender dsyphoric" community wishes they had a more affable face for the cause, because this Dude is UGLY, furthermore somebody should tell Stud that facial hair belongs on a Man's FACE, not the rolls on his neck. Fat ladies, the kind with the thick black forearm hair, have the neck beard.

Rooster

Watch or don't... that's what DVR's and fast forward are for!

Vicarious one

Just a regular guy, right. Sorry, but you will never be a guy. No matter what you do, no matter what you call yourself, no matter how you try and alter your appearance, you will never be anything more then just another lezbo in man drag.

Linda

How many small kids would even notice Chaze was once a girl . Kids are watching the dancing. If you dont want to have to explain the whole deal then dont tell them. Most small kids wouldnt even figure it out. This is being blown way out there. I think kids have more acceptance then some of the adults.

WhoCares

It's only a role model for dysfunctional failures!!!!! Only claim to fame this thing could come up with? She must really hate herself but who can blame her with a freak for a mother!!!

Cujeaux

HOW THE HELL DID CLOONEY'S EX GET ON THE PROGRAM? THAT ATTENTION WHORE HAM SHOULD BE BARRED FROM ENTERING THE COUNTRY UNTIL SHE CAN LEARN TO DRESS IN SOMETHING MORE THAN A BIKINI! PEOPLE UNITE AND VOTE THIS BITCH OFF FIRST!!!

huppmoile

This freakshow acts as if there's more than 3 people on earth with "gender dysphoria" - Fact.

MAGGIE