« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Kurt Angle

The PROOF

I Wasn't Too Drunk to Drive

9/6/2011 11:40 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0906_kurt_angle_EX_doc2
Wrestling superstar Kurt Angle says his blood alcohol level was WAY under the legal limit when he was arrested for drunk driving this weekend ... and now TMZ has a police document that seems to back up his story.

We've obtained the Certificate of Blood Alcohol Analysis ... issued by the State of Virginia ... which shows Kurt's B.A.C. was .06 at the time of his arrest. The legal limit in VA is .08.

The TNA Wrestling champ has released a statement on the matter ... saying, "I did not believe my driving behavior was reckless or otherwise improper."

He adds, "I fully cooperated with the officer who clearly recognized me while performing his standard procedures. Subsequent to the stop, I was asked to submit to a breathalyzer test and passed. I do not believe that I broke any laws and will be entering a plea of not guilty in response to any pending charges."

As TMZ previously reported, troopers pulled over Angle's car after receiving a tip from another motorist ... who claimed the wrestler was driving erratically.

Angle explains, "I was returning from an iMPACT Wrestling show in an unfamiliar place, late at night and was trying to find the exit for my hotel."

1208_wrasslin_footer

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

There's a problem here

Kurt, dude, I like you, I really do. I think you got big demons and I sincerely hope you end up keeping them at bay, but my man if you weren't driving drunk when you were stopped that would be a first.

RonBurgundy

Still a douche...

Tammy

Did the COPS see him drive erractically? If not, which I suspcet is the case, and then arrested him for DUI after he passed a breathalyzer, I'd go beyound pleading not guilty, Kurt: I'd sue sue their b_u_t_t!!

magmax

Cops suspected he was smuggling lemonade.

Michael Labou

What a meathead. Guy looks like he has a mouth coming out of his neck.

spyke

Hey buddy, here's a novel idea, don't drink any alcohol before getting behind the effing wheel.

Justice_4_Kelly

I have a feeling the "tipster" was a paparazzi who wanted to sell video of Mr. Angle getting stopped and taking a Breathalyzer.

This has happened to Heather Locklear. What these dirtbags do is stalk celebrities as they're leaving a bar then call the police and claim that they're driving erratically so they can sell video or photos of the interaction with the police dept.

Justice_4_Kelly

Mike L

May have been under the limit, but 0.06 is still pretty buzzed. Thats why they hit you with a DUI and not a DWI. If it would have been 0.08 or higher you're intoxicated, and not under the influence. You should know all this Kurt. You've been arrested so many time for it, kit should be ingrained in you head. Dumbass.

Lavin9

...states that you can be convicted of driving while impaired with an BAC of .04-.07. As most people know, they are going to go with the higher charge to give room for a plea agreement. Virginia is one of the toughest states when it comes to DUI's (which doesn't mean drunk driving, but Driving Under the Influence)and the penalties that they hand down.

charley

hey azz ole...you still got behind a wheel while semi intoxicated.........what a phkn (p) ussy of a bitch you are!

Lisa

.06 may be legal but its still impaired, you moron, you should not be driving. Lets not quibble, impaired is impaired is impaired, if you are drinking, don't **** with the fractions of drunkness, just don't drive!!!

BAC EFFECTS ON FEELING AND BEHAVIOR

.01 - .03 There is a mild lift in feeling. You have some loss of judgment. (1 drink within 15 minutes… BAC .03%)

.04 - .06 Most People feel high and must decide whether to continue drinking. You may get louder and have some loss of small muscle control, like focusing your eyes. (2 drinks within ½ hour… BAC .06%)

.08 - .09 Your sight and hearing are worse. It’s harder to detect danger. You have less sense of balance. (3 drinks within 1 hour… BAC .09%)

.10 - .12 Many people claim they’re not affected anymore, as if they could drink themselves sober. You are definitely not thinking straight. (4 drinks within 2 hours… BAC .12%)

.13 - .15 You have far less muscle control than normal. People feel happy even though they’re stumbling and acting foolishly. Risk of an automobile crash increases to 25 times the normal rate (5-7 drinks within 3 hours… BAC .15%)

.20 - .25 You’re confused. You usually need help doing things, even standing up. Those who drive are 50 to 100 times more likely to crash. The average alcohol-related highway death occurs at this level. (8-12 drinks within 4 hours… BAC .20%

.30 Almost nothing gets through the senses. An extremely life threatening BAC level.

.40 Your condition ranges from conscious to comatose. There is a chance of death from a ‘shut down’ of breathing.

Larry

If the arresting officer was convinced that Angle was impaired in any way, the arrest will fly. That simple. In the old days 'drunk driving' meant you had to be stumbling, staggering drunk. Not so today. Even though he may have been under the minimum, he can still get a DWI/DUI. I wonder if he offered blood or urine? My guess is no.

Mikey

Its cause he's white.

Keith

There's a difference between DUI and driving while impaired. Just because he didn't blow a .08 doesn't mean he wasn't impaired. By his own admission, he had something to drink after a match and was tired and lost to boot. That alone is a dangerous combination. But, I suspect the DA will let him go due to lack of evidence.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments