Regis Philbin

I'll Be Gone In November ...

9/6/2011 7:15 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0905_regis_philbin_bn_tmz
November 18, 2011 ... mark the date -- because it will be the LAST TIME Regis Philbin will host "Live with Regis and Kelly."

80-year-old Regis made the announcement this morning -- but there's still a HUGE mystery ... no one knows who his replacement will be.

There are a handful of fill-in hosts who are rumored to have a shot at the gig -- including "Dancing with the Stars" alum Psycho Mike, "Survivor" host Jeff Probst and Howie Mandel.

0906_remembering_regis_footer

Strokadellic

Ryan Seacrest. Duh.

ELLIE

PULEASE NOT HOWIE MANDEL., HE IS STUPID. MAKE IT JEFF PROBST. HE IS SUPER GREAT. AND DO NOT MAKE IT KELLYS HUSBAND MARK EITHER. HIS PERSONALITY IS BLAH!

Sandra

Could care less as this show is not worth watching!!

Unknown

Whenever Anderson Coooper fills in, he's fantastic! Too bad he's got his own show and can't co-host LIVE. I don't see his new show, A.K.A. Male Oprah doing too well!

k

How about Cameron Mathison?

KnuckleDragger

I think when Regis leaves the show he'll probably show back up for a week forgetting that he quit. I'll miss Regis...but I'm not going to miss Joy Philbin; that's one dull broad!

some guy

Lindsay should host. I like watching train wrecks in action.

Jeannie

I never watch the show, but if Jeff Probst was host, I might. I would just hope that he continues with his Survivor gig. I guess they would have to have a temp fill in for him in those times.

moe l.

Regis - PLEASE PROMISE you won't come back. I don't care who replaces you, but everyone is tired of your face and your annoying voice.

PT

Replace him with Howie. Swap one dikk out for another.

Alice

NONE of those or I can assure you Iwioll not be watching-as much as I love Kelly! I think Thorsten Kaye of All My Children would be fabulous in this hosting job.

lee

Robin Williams.

Aileen (Canada)

Martin Short - hysterical and informed. Someone like that needs to be there as Kelly isn't that good without the strength of a professional host by her side!

Sandy

Hope whoever they get doesn't yell like Regis. Can't stand him or his wife. She is so boring! Never watch when she fills in. Jeff would be good, Cameron Mathison, Howie is funny, please don't get Neil Patrick Harris. Looking forward to Regis' last day!! Sick of him.

TMZISAPIECEOFSHIT

I hope so. Do you know where you'll be buried?

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments