Russell Armstrong's Family

He Was MURDERED

9/6/2011 5:00 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0906_russell_armstrong_getty_EXD
Russell Armstrong
's family isn't buying suicide as the cause of death ... they believe he was murdered, and they're putting a private dick on the case.

Although the L.A. County Coroner ruled Russell's death was a suicide by hanging, sources close to the situation say the family is convinced ... Russell's money problems caused him to get involved "with the wrong people."  They believe Russell may have screwed someone over out of desperation and that person or persons retaliated by killing him.

We're told the family is in the process of hiring a private investigator.

Russell Armstrong Death

rose

Denial

Jodi

Who knows it could be a murder. I don't think so but my opinion means nothing to the family. Let them do what they have to do to get closure.

Mazor

It was obviously his gold digging sl*t wh*re wife. Can you say crocodile tears?

LeeLoo

I feel bad for his family. A lot of families of people who commit suicide try to put the blame on someone else or claim it was murdered. It's not unusual for a family of a suicide victim to convince themselves he was murdered.
That still doesn't change the facts, I have no doubt he committed suicide. But don't expect me to catch any RH shows in the future. It's all fun and games until you realize that reality shows like this are ultimately killing people.

AntiSocialForum.com

I think Hall & Oates did it

waterdemon

this family is just pulling every straw trying to make a buck out of this situation. no wonder he didn't feel like he had anywhere else to turn. how unsupportive can a family get?

Jackie

Whatever.

Ghost Rider

I feel sorry for this chap, military personel or cops that that snuff themselves not so much.

Jan

I always felt that the investigators were too quick in calling it a suicide. Odd that his business partner also committed "suicide" the next day. Professional hit men know how to make appear to be a suicide.

PhonePlayGirl

It's really sad that this has happened at all. His family needs to leave it be and let everyone heal and learn how to live with what's happened. It's not Bravo's fault, it's not Taylor's fault. It's as simple as he was not strong enough to face, handle and fix his problems. I really hope for his children's sake they can just learn to accept what happened.

Diamond

Traylor Trash Shanna sure doesn't want a PI on this case. However, I'm interested in what they turn up on HER. Where can I donate?

nosy_parker

oh god

Claus

Chaz did it. Penis envy.

Mynx

he killed himself!!! Quit trying to make a publicity stunt of this!!!!

Justine07

This is really sad, but pretty typical, too. My father committed suicide and you really do want to believe that someone else was to blame ... but the fact is that the most obvious conclusion is true 99.9% of the time - they took their own lives because they couldn't deal with their current realities. Far-fetched murder schemes are very rare compared to unfortunately common suicides. And BTW, private ******** is an old-fashioned term, no wonder none of the kids on here remember it!