Soulja Boy

Apologizes to U.S. Military

'I Am Deeply Sorry'

9/6/2011 7:03 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0905_soulja_boy_bn
Soulja Boy
says he "let my words get the best of me" when he released a new rap video saying, "F**k the troops" ... and now he's issued a full apology to the entire U.S. military.

Soulja Boy just posted a new blog on GlobalGrind.com ... titled, "I Am Deeply Sorry To All Members Of The United States Military Services And Their Families."

In the post, Soulja writes, "As an artist, I let my words get the best of me. Sometimes there are things that we feel, things that we want to express, and when we put them on paper and speak them out loud, they can come out wrong."

"When I expressed my frustration with the US Army, not only did my words come out wrong, I was wrong to even speak them."

He adds, "So, I write this to give my sincerest apology to all members of the United States military services, as well as their families that were offended by my most recent lyrics."

As TMZ first reported, several military vets lashed out against Soulja Boy after he released the rap ... with the lyrics, "F**k the FBI and the army troops ... fighting for what? Be your own man ..."

Check out Soulja's entire apology letter after the jump ....

When I expressed my frustration with the US Army, not only did my words come out wrong, I was wrong to even speak them. So, I write this to give my sincerest apology to all members of the United States military services, as well as their families that were offended by my most recent lyrics.

As a young man who grew up in the post-9/11 era, I have watched our country fight two wars that seem like they are never going to end.

I have seen thousands and thousands of our brave men and women get killed in battle and often times, I think for what? A lot of people in this country are struggling to make ends meet and I think a lot about what if we had never gone to war.

Where would our economy be? Our schools, our after-school and work programs, our streets? I mean, damn, 48 people got shot in New York City just this past weekend ... in 3 days ... I'm not saying that it is just because of a bad economy, but at a certain point we have to take care of our own people.

In no way would I ever want to offend those who are protecting our freedoms ... a lot of homeboys who I grew up with, a lot of people who come from the neighborhoods we live in ... In no way do I want to hurt any of our honorable soldiers who put their lives at risk, regardless of how they feel about the two wars we fight in.

I am just frustrated that we haven't been able to bring you all home quick enough and my frustration got the best of me. I am deeply sorry.

~Soulja Boy

Erwin Tejero

Puhlease...he didn't even write that letter of apology. The "boy" can barely read. "My words got the better of me"? So he's so out of it that he doesn't read through his own lyrics before saying them? Maybe he goes deaf when the recorded track is played back or maybe he's too stoned when he listens to the first playback to realize what he said? Who does he think he is, Milli Vanilli? At least they had a valid excuse for not knowing their lyrics, heh.

yankey

you say you've seento many of our brave men and women die in battle? tell me a name, you actually seen this,or are you talkin about you watched blackhawk down and seen what it WOULD feel like to see your best frienddie in combat, get real punk, you done messed with the wrong group, you think we would have forgiven OSAMA if he would have appologized? hell no and to me your just as worthless as he was!

pat

lets see how sorry you really are..... take the money from the sell of this "song" and turn it in to good by donating 100% of proceeds to the military families and to those who have lost loved ones.. try the USO, or one of the other ones, i am sure your PR people will be able to find them for you. I am a Christian so i do forgive you but your true forgiveness will only come from God when you go to meet him at the gates of heaven. Good Luck to you.

shirley

This most likely is just to get more publicity. He knew just what he was putting on paper, songs come about with alot of thought, and rewrighting. So no this was not an accident. But also look at the post about this, and it is clear where the problem really is. You all are not mad that he uses foul language, just that he pointed it toward the military. I tell you they are both just as bad. The problem with this country is not the economy, and the hard times. The problem is this country has kicked God out and wont let him back in. Without God this country is doomed. Just look around, the more God is kicked out, and everyone looks over all the wrong. The worse this country gets. Its time to put God back in charge and turn this country around.

mimi

He didnt write this bull****.... i know because i grew up around ignorant people like him lived in a house for 18 years of my life with ignorant people like him.. Hell It this doesn't even sound like an apology... what it sounds like is sorry if i offended you but i mean it true so.. this is what id use for toilet paper...to wipe my ****....ughhh just another stupid loud mouth ***** making our race look bad ughhhh .. and to believe my husband fights for a ******* like this my cousin uncles, brothers.... wow....

ArmyMom

Freedom of speech? Freedom of expression? Who do you think gave you those rights? This is not a "heartfelt" apology, but more like a "my record sales are taking a nosedive" panic. As an Army Mom, here is my thought for you... Move to Afgamistan, they like American traitors and I hear the hole our SOLDIERS found Sudam in is still for rent.

TJ

All of you people that hate black folk, that dont like rap, need to hush the F*** up. In your eyes he wont ever be able to do anything right!! He apologized, but thats still not acceptable? He directed his anger at the wrong people, the army, instead of the government. So he apologized, recognized he's wrong, and you still mad? Well now I'm going to say F*** you. Because he realized what he did wrong and corrected it. Period.

Mieke

Soulja Boy
He might have apologizes to U.S. Military but he still has not pulled the song!! I don't care what it will cost him, it needs to go!!!! Show Americans at you mean you are sorry.
Mieke

angeal

ITS TOO LATE for apologies!!!! and I AGREE...do not purchase his stuff. HE is a public figure that needs to be more responsible for his actions/comments as he has more influence than most. I am a military Spouse, my father was a Vietnam Vet my brother serves, other friends and family members. I watch these people volunteer their lives to the military...WITH out that volunteer base...YOUR sons, (daughters), Newphes, husbands, etc...would be drafted JUST like my father was! The military is not responsible for the decision that are made...they carry out orders given to them by our OH so fine Government.

EVERY military member shows heart in choosing to protect their country...To PROTECT YOU! They do it without large salaries, living in crappy conditions, sometimes with only 1 meal. THESE men and woman -- when they are deployed live in c...onstant fear for their lives... WOULD any public figure speak such nonsense about Afghan or Iraqi children who live in fear daily??? WONDERING...will I die today? Will I be shot, will someone try to blow me to pieces.. will I step on a landmine ....DO YOU NOT think soldiers do not think the same thing? THEY pray that they come home to their mothers, wives, children...that they are not sent home in a box! THey have nothing to gain -- they are not selling drugs for millions, making millions on selling Music, they're not banking high payrolls...

So remember that when you think of buying his stuff, or when you are hating our "military" for the wars...its' not them..its the person you elected into office... I sometimes think we should revisit the draft...so that all the fricken morons out there who run their mouths will have the face the realities that every miltary family member does. I don't know about you...but I dont' want my husband to come home in a box, because he opted to fight for dumb, inconsiderate, ignorate ass'es.

Katie the Awesome

Does he not understand that this "war" is a LONG TERM war? That if we weren't over there fighting, that those ugly bastards of terrorists would be winning? What if we hadn't destroyed Osama? What if all of his top leaders were still in power...Saddam Hussain? This guy is obviously an idiot... and has a lot of nerve to apologize about some bull**** that he said, but has no clue why he's apologizing for it.

Sigourney

His comment of "Ive seen thousands and thousands of brave men and women killed in battle" No, no you have not, Because you are not a soldier or apart of any troop over seas. Our economy might be better, but remember THEY (the military) Do NOT have a choice on whether they stay or go! I'm sure my husband would have rather stayed home in 2010, then to see Iraq. You wanna take care of your own, Open a charity before you attack the troops. I roll my eyes to his apology only because it takes time to make a song. You write it, rehearse it, and then make the product. He had plenty of time to think and erase "***** the troops". Soulja boy, enjoy your Birthdays and Holidays in the states. It's sad to think that 1 troop might have listened to your music to make a deployment easier/quicker, and this is what you repay them with.

MARINE Wife

First off,this is not acceptable. Everyone knows this is NOT written by "soulja boy" considering the way he talks in his videos. The way you talk, is the way you write.

Second off, if he truly would write an apology that HE wrote, and HE recorded his apology, and actually went out to the bases, each and everyone of the bases, and apologize to all of the troops serving and defending HIS freedom, maybe people would start to believe his "sincerest apology". He needs to hit puberty and stop hiding behind is producers, and people who write for him. He needs to be a man, and come out with an apology that he wrote.

NO ACCEPTED.

gfsdf

He can go to hell

Crystal

I am in the United States Army. I have been over twice to the War Zone and this is the respect we get from people we fight for. I will not nor will the rest of my battle buddies forgive "Soulja boy". What he said is obviously what he meant therefore he can NEVER take it back. It would be better that he leaves MY country because obviously he doesnt respect it nor the men and woman who proudly protects it.

bebo

Obviously he's never had to fight a MF who's sole purpose in life is to try to cut off your head and put it on the news for your family to see. Ignorant dumbass. I bet those little 11 year old middle eastern kids are harder than him.