Soulja Boy

Apologizes to U.S. Military

'I Am Deeply Sorry'

9/6/2011 7:03 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0905_soulja_boy_bn
Soulja Boy
says he "let my words get the best of me" when he released a new rap video saying, "F**k the troops" ... and now he's issued a full apology to the entire U.S. military.

Soulja Boy just posted a new blog on GlobalGrind.com ... titled, "I Am Deeply Sorry To All Members Of The United States Military Services And Their Families."

In the post, Soulja writes, "As an artist, I let my words get the best of me. Sometimes there are things that we feel, things that we want to express, and when we put them on paper and speak them out loud, they can come out wrong."

"When I expressed my frustration with the US Army, not only did my words come out wrong, I was wrong to even speak them."

He adds, "So, I write this to give my sincerest apology to all members of the United States military services, as well as their families that were offended by my most recent lyrics."

As TMZ first reported, several military vets lashed out against Soulja Boy after he released the rap ... with the lyrics, "F**k the FBI and the army troops ... fighting for what? Be your own man ..."

Check out Soulja's entire apology letter after the jump ....

When I expressed my frustration with the US Army, not only did my words come out wrong, I was wrong to even speak them. So, I write this to give my sincerest apology to all members of the United States military services, as well as their families that were offended by my most recent lyrics.

As a young man who grew up in the post-9/11 era, I have watched our country fight two wars that seem like they are never going to end.

I have seen thousands and thousands of our brave men and women get killed in battle and often times, I think for what? A lot of people in this country are struggling to make ends meet and I think a lot about what if we had never gone to war.

Where would our economy be? Our schools, our after-school and work programs, our streets? I mean, damn, 48 people got shot in New York City just this past weekend ... in 3 days ... I'm not saying that it is just because of a bad economy, but at a certain point we have to take care of our own people.

In no way would I ever want to offend those who are protecting our freedoms ... a lot of homeboys who I grew up with, a lot of people who come from the neighborhoods we live in ... In no way do I want to hurt any of our honorable soldiers who put their lives at risk, regardless of how they feel about the two wars we fight in.

~Soulja Boy

mike

APOLOGY NOT ACCEPTED DOOCHBAG GOD HELP YOUR SOUL!!!!

shannon

Your apology is crap. You apologize for verbalizing aloud what you feel. Your feelings are your own and real but you failed to apologize to the whole country, especially the men and women of 911 and their families. As a nation we stand, divided we fall. Men & women all over this country military and civilian alike have lost many things over the 10 yrs but I don't know of any that would trash the graves of the one's that lost the most or the one's that fight everyday so your ass has the freedom to make choices however stupid they may be. You owe the country as a whole and apology especially the people of 911 & their families.

josie

I'm sorry but how in the HELL did this turn into a "rappers are dumb" "this is obama's fault" race/music/education battle.

Be upset, fine. But attack the individual and stop adding excess garbage to your commentary. ****.

Being a radical caucasian does not make your point any more valid.

William Wilcoxson

You went to far with your foul mouth lyrics and attack on our soldiers. You are not a artist! You're just a foul mouth piece of ****! I pray that you never make another single dollar from anything you ever put out again. I never actually served in the military but my dad was a 100% DAV from WW2 and Korea as well. He was already a DAV when he was called back into the service and sent to Korea. He was 3rd ID. His granddaughter my daughter actually did serve this country in 3rd ID also. I was with her while she was in the military and took care of my infant granddaughter, her child which she had to leave behind and go serve in Iraq and she is an Iraqi Freedom Veteran. You don't know **** about the military. You know nothing about the sacrifices our men and women and their families make in order for you to have the freedom you have and enjoy! You went too far with your freedom of speech and it is time all Americans stop buying anything you put out again. I call on all Americans and especially those that have served this great country on paper or off paper like myself who served off paper so our son's and daughter's could serve and do their duty in order to protect this country. Your apology is not accepted by me and their is nothing you can say or do to ever make up for what you said. You are despicable! I suggest you hang onto every dollar you have left for that is all you should have to live off for the rest of your life. The American people should stop buying anything produced by the company that puts out your garbage all together till they drop you! I call on all Americans to boycott anything the company that puts out your garbage until they drop you and any other company that ever signs you on again as well. You are a disgrace to America!

Marcy Scott

I believe you meant it as you wrote it down on paper.(How many times did you practice this before you released it)plenty of time to catch your mistake,,NOW you are just worried about your pocket book.We may forgive you.like Jesus ask us to but...we won't forget

tacticalkiller

i am trying to find out if there is a petition to have soulja boy change his name, i heard rumors of it and id love to see it go into effect

nicolejessica1988

BOYCOTT!!!!!!!!

nicolejessica1988

if he is so sorry then why he still have the song on his facebook page????I dont know what was goin through soulja gurls head cuz it wasnt just the army he was dissin hes dissed america and everything we stand for it not just the military that wants whoop his scrawny ass! he needs to go somewhere cause we dont want him in the USA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

vreyes

That fake appology was obviously made up, like he said he expressed what he feels, that is how he feels, now he wants to back pedal, because he wants to keep making money, well he should thank the U.S. Military that provides him with the very freedom. The same military that he smacks in the face with he words, and how dis-respectful of him to even use the 9-11 incident and kids in schools and programs to divert attention away from the real issue of him dis respecting the military. WOW i think he should have someone read his letters before he puts them out there, because now............naaa, you already know.

Sn

You know he just hired some high school kid to write this for him. "I am just frustrated that we haven't been able to bring you all home quick enough and my frustration got the best of me. I am deeply sorry." Pure bull****, how are you going to rap about your ego and try to even lie about your own words.

PFC M

If he truly wants to apologize he can come over here to where the real soldiers are, and deliver it himself. He wont though, because he is undoubtedly afraid of real conflict.

Derek

I say we shove him out a c-130 without a parachute and see if peterpan saves him...

Pablo

His advisors probably told him that the best thing to do would be to publicly apologize, but no **** no not accepted douchebag from you that takes our freedom and everything for granted.

Marine Veteran

Pablo

Marine Veteran

EiRunner

I accept your apology and I can see how being frustrated with the issue made you say what you say. I also see what you mean how things woulda been different had we not gone to war...esp for all the people who are dying and struggling to make ends meet. Just remember though a country has to defend one's self after something like 911...I do feel thought things could have resolved themselves though, but thats just me.