Soulja Boy

Apologizes to U.S. Military

'I Am Deeply Sorry'

9/6/2011 7:03 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0905_soulja_boy_bn
Soulja Boy
says he "let my words get the best of me" when he released a new rap video saying, "F**k the troops" ... and now he's issued a full apology to the entire U.S. military.

Soulja Boy just posted a new blog on GlobalGrind.com ... titled, "I Am Deeply Sorry To All Members Of The United States Military Services And Their Families."

In the post, Soulja writes, "As an artist, I let my words get the best of me. Sometimes there are things that we feel, things that we want to express, and when we put them on paper and speak them out loud, they can come out wrong."

"When I expressed my frustration with the US Army, not only did my words come out wrong, I was wrong to even speak them."

He adds, "So, I write this to give my sincerest apology to all members of the United States military services, as well as their families that were offended by my most recent lyrics."

As TMZ first reported, several military vets lashed out against Soulja Boy after he released the rap ... with the lyrics, "F**k the FBI and the army troops ... fighting for what? Be your own man ..."

Check out Soulja's entire apology letter after the jump ....

When I expressed my frustration with the US Army, not only did my words come out wrong, I was wrong to even speak them. So, I write this to give my sincerest apology to all members of the United States military services, as well as their families that were offended by my most recent lyrics.

As a young man who grew up in the post-9/11 era, I have watched our country fight two wars that seem like they are never going to end.

I have seen thousands and thousands of our brave men and women get killed in battle and often times, I think for what? A lot of people in this country are struggling to make ends meet and I think a lot about what if we had never gone to war.

Where would our economy be? Our schools, our after-school and work programs, our streets? I mean, damn, 48 people got shot in New York City just this past weekend ... in 3 days ... I'm not saying that it is just because of a bad economy, but at a certain point we have to take care of our own people.

In no way would I ever want to offend those who are protecting our freedoms ... a lot of homeboys who I grew up with, a lot of people who come from the neighborhoods we live in ... In no way do I want to hurt any of our honorable soldiers who put their lives at risk, regardless of how they feel about the two wars we fight in.

I am just frustrated that we haven't been able to bring you all home quick enough and my frustration got the best of me. I am deeply sorry.

~Soulja Boy

Kaveman

Great decision, Soulja Boy (whoever you are)

Esther

Who thinks his record label or everyone he knows pressured him to apologize because people were calling for stations not to support his songs and it makes him look hella, hella bad? Too little too late, I think. It's obviously not the Military's fault that we are at war.

Chico

Too Late!

Kitty

Send him to the front line. Let him see first hand what our military goes through.

UNLEVINED HARVEY

clown

Hobie

An AA apologizes for offending people? Didn't see that coming. I watched his video....that is some horrible music. He needs to apologize to everyone for creating such painful inconsequential nonsense.

Angela

lame. my husband is in Afghanistan right now & it's hard. I miss him, our kids miss him & there aren't enough words to express how much he misses his family too. This was ignorant of "soulja boy" he knows nothing about what he's talking about & if he's that unhappy with the war & the economy he can go rap about "f-ck the president" but he won't, because Obama is black. that's right I said it. What a jackass this kid is.

Swagged

I have had information given to me by someone inside his camp, saying he did NOT say/write all this, someone did it for him

toad

I am tired of famous people blurting out insults after insults,and then thinking it's ok as long as they say "sorry". I call BS, and apology not accepted.

tracker

as an american, i accept your mea culpa, in fact i will say {compared to others in the past]yours sounds sincere..proud of our millitary...

jack-55d79

A which point modus vivendi.
Lol.

Kennedy

Someone needs to knock out a few of his teefus's and teach this animal some respect. its bad enough that an animal like this make comments against our military (the same military protecting his freedom so he can spew this nonsense he calls music) but his weak apology makes it even worse. The upside is it shouldn't be long before he goes the way of "Biggie", Tupac (AKA "Caput") and the long list of rappers trying to "Keep it Real".... Looking forward to reading your colorful, expletive filled obituary Soldier-Bitch..

Pimpcessa

Apologize in person to our troops you insulted! And, don't worry SB, you won't need any bodyguards, our men and women over there will still cover your ass from danger while your there. Because that's their job!

Go get educated SB. Then maybe you will know more about what you speak.

I say, if you really want to apologize...DO IT IN PERSON!! IF YOU HAVE THE GUTS!

Meanie

Eff'er needs a good smack right in the yap....preferably REPEATEDLY!

Knollenberg

Who does he think gave him the freedom to sing those lyrics. This is typical of the youth today. They speak or tweet before they think.

Sempre Fi!