Soulja Boy

Apologizes to U.S. Military

'I Am Deeply Sorry'

9/6/2011 7:03 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0905_soulja_boy_bn
Soulja Boy
says he "let my words get the best of me" when he released a new rap video saying, "F**k the troops" ... and now he's issued a full apology to the entire U.S. military.

Soulja Boy just posted a new blog on GlobalGrind.com ... titled, "I Am Deeply Sorry To All Members Of The United States Military Services And Their Families."

In the post, Soulja writes, "As an artist, I let my words get the best of me. Sometimes there are things that we feel, things that we want to express, and when we put them on paper and speak them out loud, they can come out wrong."

"When I expressed my frustration with the US Army, not only did my words come out wrong, I was wrong to even speak them."

He adds, "So, I write this to give my sincerest apology to all members of the United States military services, as well as their families that were offended by my most recent lyrics."

As TMZ first reported, several military vets lashed out against Soulja Boy after he released the rap ... with the lyrics, "F**k the FBI and the army troops ... fighting for what? Be your own man ..."

Check out Soulja's entire apology letter after the jump ....

When I expressed my frustration with the US Army, not only did my words come out wrong, I was wrong to even speak them. So, I write this to give my sincerest apology to all members of the United States military services, as well as their families that were offended by my most recent lyrics.

As a young man who grew up in the post-9/11 era, I have watched our country fight two wars that seem like they are never going to end.

I have seen thousands and thousands of our brave men and women get killed in battle and often times, I think for what? A lot of people in this country are struggling to make ends meet and I think a lot about what if we had never gone to war.

Where would our economy be? Our schools, our after-school and work programs, our streets? I mean, damn, 48 people got shot in New York City just this past weekend ... in 3 days ... I'm not saying that it is just because of a bad economy, but at a certain point we have to take care of our own people.

In no way would I ever want to offend those who are protecting our freedoms ... a lot of homeboys who I grew up with, a lot of people who come from the neighborhoods we live in ... In no way do I want to hurt any of our honorable soldiers who put their lives at risk, regardless of how they feel about the two wars we fight in.

I am just frustrated that we haven't been able to bring you all home quick enough and my frustration got the best of me. I am deeply sorry.

~Soulja Boy

Liz

He just kissed his career goodbye.

I am Spartacus

come on this was his way to get media attention. He's a 1 hit wonder and is no longer relevant so he has to get attention some way.

HMMMM

Look at all the people that have suffered/died to allow you to talk crap. Shame on you. Not a dime of my money will ever enter your pockets Peter Pan. Now, just go far far away. Wish Disney would sue you for the use of Peter Pan. That would make you go away even faster. I am sick of uneducated douchebags talking out of their arses.

Chris

If he is really sorry, he should donate ALL the profits from the album to Wounded Warriors.

Joe Edo

He just offended his demographic.

His career is approaching the toilet.

Robert

Let's see how long it takes for him to try and stop comments on this page just like his garbage video. I'd pay someone to apologize for me as well if I was a no talent wannabe gangster that disrespected the US Troops.

lee

"As an Artist" Bull crap! The only this fool is, is full of himself.
And the name sucks too.

EVILTOYCAR

And to sit here and think that my fellow brothers and sisters in arms protect idiots like him so he can say ignorant stuff like this.. Just one time I wish he could walk in our boots or come take a ride on my tank. I'm a currently on active duty with 17 years of service, numerous deployments, and two purple hearts to boot. How's that for a Soulja Boy!!!!!

Stephen Hobbs

That wasn't him.. a Public Relations guy that works for him probably wrote dat... i want a video of him apologizing.. until THEN.. my video is staying up on youtube with all it's 100k plus plays!! Search "Stephen Hobbs" on YouTube to see a REAL Active duty Soldiers Rubuttal!! THE HOTTEST SOULJABOY REPLY ON THA NET RIGHT NOW!!

Justin

He didn't even write this. Nowhere in here is the word *****.

Mrs.Laz

He definitely have no idea what the troops do for this country and he definitely did NOT write that apology, I will be surprise if he nows how write proper English.... Apology NOT accepted!

Nancy D

Anyone can apologize, but it is only sincere when actions to go along with the words...SouljaBoy, did you pull the version, which has so clearly insulted and offended our brave men and women who have served or are currently serving in OUR armed forces, and replace it with a newly worded, well thought out version, which conveys what you claim to have wanted to express?

Matt

Does this mean that we can expect to see him on a USO tour in the near future? O_o lol

Austrogirl

Last time I checked, he has every right to his opinion - just as every one of the people commenting has a right to disagree with him. I think the folly here is that he apologized instead of standing behind his own words.

Jay

So what, he is still a s***bag..... NEXT!