Soulja Boy

Army-Bashing Song

WON'T Be On My New Album

9/7/2011 1:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0906_soulja_boy_military_getty_ex_2
Soulja Boy and his management team are SCRAMBLING to remove all traces of the rapper's army-bashing song from the Internet -- and they swear ... it won't come anywhere near Soulja's new album.

A rep for Soulja's management team, Debby Coda, tells TMZ, both the rapper's management and his record label have been working nonstop since Friday to take the video down off the Internet.

Debby tells us, the song "Let's Be Real" was hastily and foolishly posted to the Internet -- and was never approved for any album, including his upcoming "Respect My Hustle."

Debby insists, the song will never be available for purchase.

We're told Soulja is willing to do whatever he can to make up for the song -- which contains the lyric "f**k all the army troops" -- including free shows for the military, and meet-and-greet sessions.

As we previously reported, Soulja has apologized for the song, blogging, "I Am Deeply Sorry To All Members Of The United States Military Services And Their Families."

0907_stars_soldiers_footer

caitlin sweeney

That's going to go over really well if he performs for the military. Why would we want to see his face or hear any more of his garbage. Why don't you just donate to our vets? - US Sailor

AvrgJoe

This is ridiculous. When I first heard about this, I got angry. My Wife serves (I can't due to old injuries, but I gladly would), and It's ignorant people like you that make the world hate America. Yeah, you're entitled to your own opinion but make sure you back it up instead of turning around and cowering in your little corner. Hate the war not the Warriors

amayes22

So My husband is in afganistan defending his freedom on 9/11. I highly doubt that he regrets writing this song, he doesnt know what being hard is I say we send him to Afganistan and see how well he does being "hard". Yeah and no military wants to meet you when you just bashed them. You ruined your career, now you just need to learn how to be humble and respect people who actually work for a living.

Vicki

"I Am Deeply Sorry To All Members Of The United States Military Services And Their Families." You SHOULD'VE thought about that before it got out! Let's see you go out on the front lines and fight for our Freedom! I SINCERLY hope that the Military does ban your new album, at least it'll teach you some respect for those that are doing something for our Freedom. Freedom ISN'T FREE! You should be ashamed of yourself!

A U.S. Air Force Military WIFE! Stick that in your pipe and smoke, Homy!

Vicki

The fact that "RESPECT" is in your album name with that GARBAGE in this song. Yea, it shows how truely fake you are! You're a douche!

mike

How about taking his Rap songs and shoving it up his Ahole...I did like him until now. ill never buy his music again.Heres a title for his next Album how about "Now I have no Hustle"

MOM

Why dont YOU take you ass over there and do what our military is doing to give you the right for FREEDOM.
Problem is, your ba**s arent big enought to sleep in the desert and go for days in 110 % weather. Best thing y\you can do is full that BIG FOOT out of your mouth and do some MAJOR apoligizing to the TROOPS that are fighting for your country!!!!

James

That dude can do whatever he wants, even before he made this song no one wants to get any meet and greet from some washed up youtube garbage.....YOU ARE GARBAGE and the proof that some people just shouldn't have kids....

SomeoneElse

While forgiveness shouldn't be an option, I'm impressed that the song wasn't just two repeating lines for three and half minutes

Fan

Skinny little Punk with tooth-pick arms..... Well Let's be real. He wouldn't make it through Basic Training. Now that is real.. Rap about that DeAndre... Got a girl's name too. Well He can probrably join now that don't ask Don't tell has been repealed.

Terry Lee Ford

Send his butt to one of the areas our soldiers are in, see if he comes back. Sorry buzzard, you enjoy your freedoms because of those soldiers. How ironic to call yourself Soulja Boy, you are a boy, boy!

Emma

If he was truely sorry had he would have never said it to start with. And why would troops want to go see him even if its free? I think he didn't pay attention in history class ...that same military he put down fought for the freedom of speech (aka the freedom for him to write his crappy music), that same military fought to preserve our nation in the 1860...s (and in the... process abolished slavery), and that same military/national guard stepped in just a few decades ago so that his grandparents/etc would be able to attend school and other places once desegregation occurred without being slaughtered/ambushed in the process. Quite ironic...how quickly he must have forgotten.

Musicinsider

Everyone who thinks he apologized, ha, read again, statements like these, too well worded for his uneducated "REALNESS" most likely came from his publicist. This is/was STRICTLY a PR stunt gone wrong, later turned PR cover up. If this song was put on tape, then many more people were involved, no one suggested this was a bad idea when the lyrics were still on paper? Producers? They had to hear the song as it was being recorded. Publishers had to register the "works" to collect royalties prior to recording. The record label allowed the lyrics to become from paper to fully mixed and mastered "music". It’s impossible to say no one paid attention; it just doesn’t happen in the industry.
My opinion
I really lol'd with the irony, all his works/lyrics are "ghetto" and "hard", yet the apologetic statement is grammatically accurate. Since when did he learn to spell and speak properly? With this letter, he shoots himself in the foot and shows how FAKE he actually is. His writings (if that what we shall call it) are completely opposite of what this letter depicts (in regards to grammar and “hard-lingo”)
In conclusion, the dude can’t even spell or speak right, but writes an immaculate apologetic letter? ppuuhhhlease! Just forget his name, his existence, promoters and media: turn the other way, affect his checkbook, that’s the only way aholes-made-rich like these get taught a lesson.

Holly

You know what, he wrote that crap, and rapped that crap! His career needs to end!!!

Rob O

I'm not a fan to begin with, but being a military member, it ROYALLY pisses me off when punk a** people like him do crap like this. It's mostly a publicity stunt to sell his album. "Any publicity is good publicity" right? Screw that dude. Now he want's to apologize and it was never meant to be released? The fact of the matter is he still WROTE THE SONG! Even if I was a fan before, why the hell whould I want to attend a free concert dedicated to the troops he just bashed. I found his lyrics for this piece of trash and it just proves how much of a piece of trash this person is. "F*** the F.B.I and F*** all the Army troops, Fightin' for what Bi***?" Well, dude, I'll tell you for what. It's so dumbasses like you can make millions of dollars saying what they want and act like they are making a positive impression on the world with "the most songs in the rap game". The rest of us ARE making a positive impression and risking our lives NOT making millions of dollars. You think you're tough like you say in your songs? Come on over to a recruiter's office and sign up in ANY branch, and we'll see how tough you are fighting for OUR country in some foreign country. Enough said. I've already wasted too much of my life acknowledging your punk ass!