Soulja Boy

Sgt. Records MAJOR Diss Track

Wants Rapper Banned

9/6/2011 5:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0905_soulja_boy_tmz_ex
Soulja Boy
is drawing fire from the entire U.S. Armed Forces -- and a retired Army sergeant is leading the charge with a rap response to Soulja's controversial song.

Former infantry sergeant and 5 year combat veteran Leo Dunson tells TMZ he recorded the diss track, "Change Your Name" (below) ... after hearing Soulja's "Let's Be Real" -- with the lyrics, "F**k the army troops."

Dunson -- who raps under the name Sgt. Dunson -- says Soulja's song is, "The most ignorant thing I've heard in so long" ... and adds that it's especially offensive with the 10 year anniversary of 9/11 looming.

Dunson says an online petition -- started by a fellow vet -- to get Soulja Boy's music banned from all U.S. military bases is getting support from civilians and all branches of the armed forces.

Now consider this twist ... Dunson and all U.S. troops fight to defend our freedoms -- which includes freedom of speech. So, we gotta ask ...

tracker

GOD BLESS AND MUCH THANKS TO OUR BRAVE % BEAUTIFUL MEN & WOMEN IN THE MILLITARY, JUST BECAUSE WE HAVE FREEDOM OF SPEECH DOESN'T MEAN YOU GET TO SHOOT OFF YOUR MOUTH AT WHIM..SHUT IT !!!!

World News

exclusive post....thanks for sharing

tenley

Sorry, if a U.S. military base bans it, it's the government infringing on Soulja Boy's speech. And that, my friends, is a classic First Amendment violation. Keeping the government from censoring political views is why the First Amendment was written.

Precious~Robocop

Yes and sadly they would defend our rights to say it. Soulja Boy went too far when he said that about our Troops because he wouldn't know the first thing about being a Soldier and by "dissing" the Army he really dogged out ALL of the Forces. Sadly there have been people like this soulja boy since anyone can remember..... they are the type that spit and jeer the same people who would die to have them live free :(

jt

It can't be free speech since you can't freely say the "N" word. Free speech doesn't exist.

joe duff

what if we just stopped.. doing what we do? where would america be. freedom of speech would be the least of worries if it wasnt for troops. if u dont agree with the military what we do what we stand for who we protect whatever thats fine.. but being a so called "artist" and throwing it out there for the world to hear is to far... when in all reality most people are to scared to do what a military person does. yeah its one line.. i get it.. but if us troops are here to fight for you.. who will? put yourselves in our boots

nick stevens

Listen just because you HAVE the freedom to do certain thing's, does not mean it is a good idea.

tenley

Wow. Sgt. Dunson is petitioning the government to violate Soulja Boy's constitutional rights. It just does not get any clearer than in a case like this, folks: If the GOVERNMENT infringes on one's political speech, that is a clear-cut violation of First Amendment protections.

Sloane

ANYONE in this country has a right to boycot ANYTHING!

inclucing the military boycotting this
just because you fight to defend someone's right to say anything doesn't mean that you have to agree with what they say
you are only agreeing they have the right to say it
the KKK and Nazi skin heads still have the right to lawful assembly and free speech
doesn't mean that I like it
means that I would boycot/aviod them and go out of my way to encourage others to do so
THAT'S FREEDOM AND DEMOCRACY!

Susan62509

The army needs to initiate the draft again and make Soulja Boy number one. Hey Soulja Boy, Westboro Baptist Church is looking for you. You fit into their campaign quite well. If you can't appreciate the men & women that have given their lives for your freedom of speech, then move the hell-o to Syria.

Heather

I haven't even listened to his song. Upon hearing about the lyrics it just disgusted me. I'm a military wife, and my first love was killed in Iraq, so it hits me hard..

Why doesn't Deondre be his own man. And stop following all the damn trends, and doing anything he can can to gain fans.. I think he just lost ALOT of them..

So bitch, be your own man.

Michele

Free speech is free speech. It's a Constitutional right to say what you think. Personally, I couldn't care less what Soulja Boy "thinks" and I certainly won't be buying any of his albums anytime soon. He needs to realize that the younger generation take what rappers and artists say to heart though. He should be more responsible with what he portrays to today's impressionable youth.

omfgcrystal

uhhh hello?! look at his name?! then you insult the people who ALLOW your SH^^ music to exsist! He is more than likely just mad because he tried to join and failed his asvab due to lack of knowledge and spelling his name wrong, or something along those lines. AND I think he's a WANA BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE. <--- USMC WIFE. EAT A DI## you played out one hit wonderrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SaraBellum

Soulja has the right to get his message across and everyone else has the right to lambaste, boycott, etc. him for it if they so choose.

Sloane

I am in favor of boycotting anything on militsry bases tht negatively impacts their moral-their job can be hair raising/depressing/frightening/tedius (sometimes even controversial because of politician) enough so that if it doesn't entertain/uplift/cheer up/bolster/support our soldiers in some way then they don't need it as entertainmenton the base
wouldn't want to hear a rap blasting me and my what I do when I'm trying to concentrate and do it...would you??