Cher to Chaz

I Got You Babe!

9/7/2011 10:30 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0905_cher_ex_tmz_2

Cher will make a surprise appearance on "Dancing with the Stars" to support her son, Chaz Bono ... TMZ has learned.

Sources connected with both Cher and Chaz tell TMZ ... the criticism over a transgender contestant has given Cher even more resolve to stand behind Chaz.

Cher is not saying which day she'll show up, but has made it clear she will be in the audience for at least one show.

And, we're told, Cher's motive is NOT to drive votes for her son -- rather to make a statement of support and a statement against what she considers to be bigotry.

0907_chaz_bono_footer

Abaddon

Bono is a gifted performer. Will The Edge be playing as well?

'DWTS' is not about Dancing.

FREEMAN

COO-COO!

Sue

I am so sick of these groups. First off, he will not be introduced as a transgender, just by his name. So those who make an issue of it impressing children will have to have what he has done pointed out to them. And for these holy roller groups, God created everyone, the way they are & some they wete meant to be, if he did not approve, he would not have made them..Maybe he wanted us all to have a lesson on accepting ppl the WAY THEY ARE, NOT HOW WE THINK THEY SHOULD BE, no one is perfect & I for one think that if someone were, they would be boring

tracker

EQUAL TIME FOR EQUAL DANCERS.ENOUGH ABOUT CHAS ALREADY...SO WHAT'S UP DAVID ARQUETTE,LOVE TO KNOW HOW IT,S GOING.HMMMMMMM SORRY GUESS THIS IS THE "BONO" SHOW..OH YEH CHER,I GIVE A PUCK IF YOU ARE THERE OR NOT...

fran

good for Cher..her son has done no wrong ..only in certain people's closed minds.

Johnny Handsome

she's not a guy, get it through your heads.

never will be, chaz or anyone else.
When science can change her DNA structure to that of a male, then i will be on her side, till then she will have to live with her defect.

footballisus

She was the cutest little girl that ever walked. I for one visually dont understand it. But then again Ive never walked in his shoes either!

necessity

What's the big deal about Chaz? I gained some respect for him after seeing that video he posted addressing all of the criticism and concern..... As he said, the only thing he'll be discussing on dancing with the stars is dancing. The young ones in the house won't see anything abnormal, it's the parents that are disgusted... In this case, your own biased views will be the only negative impact on your children. I'm not a big fan of gay people that feel as though it should still have shock value.. Other than that, a person's sexuality is their own concern. I'm a straight man. If I worry about what another man does in his bedroom, what does that make me? Get it? That's their business.

Cheryl A.

It's not bigotry I am feeling, it's something else, not quite sure of. If SHE had a total sex-change, I could support that but to cut off your boobs, take some male hormones and call yourself a man is just, well..... strange. She/He is still a woman under the suit.

KnuckleDragger

"I Got You, Babe?" Really? Maybe she'll get up and sing a few verses from "He Ain't Heavy, He's My Brother."

aston

Well done Cher, well done Chaz! There are so many abandoned, lonely people out there that will benefit from Chaz being accepted into a mainstream show. We have to learn that people are PEOPLE, whatever gender or transgender or sexual orientation, not freaks. I can't believe the idiot who claimed watching Chaz dance would be "toxic" to kids. Listening to him is what is REALLY poisoning kids' minds.

I am cheering for you Chaz!

afjioeqjioe

Chaz is not her son, it is her daughter. I dont care if she wants to dress and act like a man but she is female and always will be.

gutsygirl

Thanks for the warning. One more reason not to watch DWTS.

Wishes

Thanks, Cher --- I'm glad you're supporting Chaz. Thank heavens "we got you, babe!"

LittleBIt

Way to go Cher!!!! I'm with you girl.