Rachel Uchitel

Hires Oksana's Lawyers

Over 9/11 Story

9/7/2011 3:00 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0907_rachel_dan_EX_launch
TMZ has learned ... Rachel Uchitel has hired Daniel Horowitz and Marty Garbus -- the attorneys who represented Oksana Grigorieva in her epic custody battle against Mel Gibson -- to go after the New York Post over a story insinuating she was happy her fiance died during 9/11.

TMZ has obtained a demand letter Horowitz sent to the New York Post, which ran a teaser for an upcoming article about Rachel and her deceased fiance, James Andrew O'Grady, who died during the 9/11 attack.

The teaser includes alleged statements from Rachel -- "I believe Andy was meant to die because he was too good," adding, "It would have been tragic if we got into fights and then divorced ... I'm glad I didn't get to see any flaws that time brings on everyone.  I would otherwise be a fat housewife with three kids living in Sands Port, Long Island."

In his letter, Horowitz claims the story conveys "a disastrously false impression of my client," adding the story is "attacking, degrading and extraordinarily inaccurate."

Rachel tells TMZ she feels she's the victim of a hit piece and the reporter went into it not liking her.

Horowitz also has words for the author:  "You created a work of miserable and demeaning fiction.  You should be ashamed of yourself."

Horowitz wants an apology to Rachel, and wants the "false words" withdrawn, although he is not specific as to how they would be withdrawn. The full story is supposed to come out tomorrow.

We called the New York Post yesterday, and a rep said "We stand by our story."

Kelly

Oksana ended up with the worst deal so why would Rachel ever hire him? That's just plain idiotic on her part.

Willard

What she didn't make enough money off of Tiger and Celebrity Rehab?

Caroline

So what are the damages for conveying a "disastrously false impression" of a person that everyone already knows is a skank?

Muppet

Rachel's had a slow year and who better to hire than Horrorputz and Garbage? They'll be on every tabloid site pushing any product or picture they can sell of this woman like they did with Oksana. Please tell me Rachel hasn't gone into the music business! This has to be a joke! LOL

Swinson

Let's be serious, a person would be hard pressed to not hire a lawyer the Ox hasn't used

Tellthetruth59

Whoroputz and Gasbag slogan: You yak, we'll attack, take the money and leave you broke.

All the dumb hobags like Ox and Rachael love these guys :-)

Bob

Just another of Tiger's whores trying to get rich quick.

Frieda

Dan has found his niche! Cast off hookers-turned-extortionists!

I'm going back to the Mel thread - I'm not giving these three fame-whore any more clicks.

tellmeaboutit

She looks and is so, so pathetic.

Canon

You can tell she's a hooker!

Azzkicker

My god, she is UGLY. And a side piece; really nothing more than a whore. And, apparently, litigious. Wait; I just described lindsay lohan...

Jennifer

This woman wants her 15 minutes of fame at the expense of her deceased fiance. She needs to go back and read what she said. It is a quote; wishing her fiance dead because that way they wouldn't have to fight and get divorced?!

YUCK.

notalawyer

She will be fat soon enough. Her lips are already headed in that direction.

Jackie

Karma is a betcha....I bet Elin she's laughing loud.

Karls

If your a bottom feeder and desperate. MUST be sleazy, call me let me WORK for you. Guaranteed to help you Fail.. Mr Horrowitch and Garbage

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments