Parents Group

RIPS 'Toddlers and Tiaras'

Stop Sexualizing LITTLE KIDS!!

9/7/2011 10:25 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0907_pto_tiara_EX_01

A powerful parents group is BLASTING the people behind the TLC reality show "Toddlers and Tiaras" -- after a parent dressed a 3-year-old girl as a prostitute for a beauty pageant.

The show has been under fire over a promo spot, featuring a pint-size beauty queen dressed up like Julia Roberts in "Pretty Woman" -- during her street-walking hooker phase.

But the Parents Television Council is LIVID -- claiming, "We have a serious problem when a network formerly known as The Learning Channel features a toddler, who probably hasn't even learned to read, dressed as a prostitute showing off her sexy strut."

090711_toddlers_tiaras_still

The PTC adds, "There's no question, TV executives are complicit in robbing these small kids of their childhood."

"For years we've seen adult sexuality being inappropriately and aggressively foisted on innocent young children, but children today are being sexualized at younger and younger ages. All available data suggests they will suffer for it later in life."

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

freaksloan

Every kid on that show should be taken from their parents, then their parents should be eliminated from the gene pool.

BigB

Completely agree. Take this CR*P off of the air.

GBeach

I don't blame the TV station .. the blame should be directed toward the parents! I watched this show once and that was all it took for me to get 100% disgusted with the PARENTS and vowed to never watch again.

charley

this show is geared towards pedophiles......stupid shows like this makes it dangerous for the lil girls.......bet 50% of thier viewers are perv. and pedophiles!

Sashatree

I couldn't agree with them more. These pagents are SICK and the parents who drag their kids to them should be brought up on ABUSE charges! It's disgusting, and true, that the girls are encouraged to be extremely sexually provocative....from the grinding of the hips, to blowing kisses/winking, to the costumes, etc. I'm no prude, but these pagents are grotesque and inappropriate on every level.

Contoo

That is over the top and ridiculous. No wonder the children growing up today have no moral values, look at their parents.
When people STOP watching such garbage the networks will stop shoving it in our faces.

LittleBIt

Shame on Lifetime for putting this child abusing dance teacher and her smart-a**mouth on TV. I will NEVER watch this sick program. Just the commercials are sickening. Why any parent would let their child do this especially with this bi*ch of a woman dance instructor is beyond me. Someone ought to beat this woman with a bat. And you wonder why there are more and more pedophiles in the world. This sh*t contributes to it. Shame on Lifetime TV.
This trash should be banned. TAKE IT OFF TV!!!!!!!!!

eyecandy

That's sadistic...

SUN

How is this show not considered child abuse? I have seen them glue on false eyelashes to screaming toddlers, and force them to hve thier hair yanked/pulled on to get these bouffont hair styles... Lets not forget the girls whos crazy mothers force them to wear hard fake mouth pieces in order to have a dazzling white smile. The mothers/prodcers of this mess are all in need of serious mental help. I saw all this by watching one show last week; I cant imagine what else has been shown.

charley

david: 3 minutes ago

Maybe if Cher had taken Chaz to one of these pagents as a small kid she would have still been a girl!

and maybe if your mama didnt have a half abortion and went thru with it.....we would not have to hear from an azz ole like you!

LittleBIt

My mistake - shame on TLC!!!!

Roman

Some guy who works in prison was on a radio show the other day and he said that a large percentage of inmates watch this show on a regular basis. Disgusting!

TMZgossip

absolutely, the most disgusting show on TV -- a pedo's delight!!!

Kim Carter

Kim Carter Here!!

It's totally sick and twisted for these so called "parents" to parade their toddlers around like adults. I don't even watch that crap, that's how disgusted I am. They better hope and pray that they keep their eye on their child every moment and that a molester who does attend those shows won't mess up their entire world. It's sick and I think it's bad parenting. Why would you want your toddler to dress up like a hooker? There is nothing amusing about that at all. You're suppose to protect your child and love your child, not put them on display or try to live thru them because your life was messed up. Take it off TV because how as we as Americans can have something called an Amber Alert when we put the kids up on display to get taken by those sickos.

twils

I agree with all the comments so far. I watched it once to see and was disgusted. If they are to have pageants why can't they just be themselves. It shows these children they are not good enough. I would like to have lifetime remove it from the airwaves as well. Not quality is just pure shock and awe for perv's and people wanting to watch a train wreck.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments