Jim Carrey

I'm Fighting 'The Man'

... with a Spray Can!!

9/8/2011 4:08 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0908_jim_carrey_Vnew_EX
Jim Carrey
is leading a 1-man rebellion against New York City officials who claim he has NO RIGHT to spray paint the front of his art studio ... and he's exacting revenge with the help of his imaginary friend.

Carrey tells TMZ ... the drama began when city officials painted over some "street art" he had spray painted on the outside wall of his West Village art studio.

Carrey says the street art featured an image of a character he created named "Baba" -- a "mischievous deity ... [who] exists in negative space."

So today, Carrey stuck it to The Man with a brand new piece of street art on the same wall -- featuring another image of Baba ... along with the message, "This graffiti reapplied pursuant to ... [Baba]"

Carrey tells TMZ ... he's not upset with the city worker who painted over his work ... saying, "This gentleman has a job to do" ... but he adds, "I'm just doing my job now as an artist and putting it back up."

He adds, "They can take it down again if they want to and it's OK with me ... I'll even pay for it."

0908_jim_carrey_sub_swipe

Tammy

It's graffiti and it's an eyesore I hope they paint over it again, he's losing it he's starting to act like Charle Sheen, making stupid love videos to girls half his age now he's spray painting on saying he's sticking it to the man. GET help Jim your making we Canadian's look bad.

kk22

Jim you have been going completely off it lately... Do you need publicity or what?

PaulWS

There's no such thing as street "art".

Chuck

It's ugly and hurts my eyes. Jim is a bit nuts.

the artist formerly known as hand turkey

You know what's an eyesore? Billboards.

KurganVon

I wish I was rich enough not to give a damn about fines and restitution and could pay an expensive lawyer to defend my attempts at street art...

frank

Cant do a good movie any more...gotta get attention somehow..and its not his private home...its his art studio....in a place of business....time to grow up Jim....Living Color days are long gone..

karen darvin

i can't believe these comments. He is one of the best comediennes in the world and he always makes me laugh.He has feelings and moods and maybe mental health issues as do most Americans in some form or another.So he's a human being, he enjoys art as well as acting, and I wish he sent the love video to me! Why are people turning on him like wolves?He is no has been, he IS.

jimi

see kids , this is what happens when your 15 min. is up

ken

ANOTHER NUT JOB... THE

Abusednomore

Nice.

Fan

"Brett: 13 hours ago
Jealous Americans can not admit a Canadian is better than them.... in any form. Happy 9/11 douch bags."

Dear Brett:
Go drink some beers, hey. Then pass out and stop typing, eh?

karlew

It's his building right? NYC needs to shut the f*ck up and pay Carrey for destroying his property, both tangible and intellectual. For all that fighting against it, it looks like fascism is alive and flourishing in the municipal government of NYC.

maria cristina

nossa muito boa essas materias pena que nao entedo nada.bju

RevJL

Where's Fire Marshall Bill when you need him ?

Lemme' show you something !!!!!!

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments