Jim Carrey

I'm Fighting 'The Man'

... with a Spray Can!!

9/8/2011 4:08 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0908_jim_carrey_Vnew_EX
Jim Carrey
is leading a 1-man rebellion against New York City officials who claim he has NO RIGHT to spray paint the front of his art studio ... and he's exacting revenge with the help of his imaginary friend.

Carrey tells TMZ ... the drama began when city officials painted over some "street art" he had spray painted on the outside wall of his West Village art studio.

Carrey says the street art featured an image of a character he created named "Baba" -- a "mischievous deity ... [who] exists in negative space."

So today, Carrey stuck it to The Man with a brand new piece of street art on the same wall -- featuring another image of Baba ... along with the message, "This graffiti reapplied pursuant to ... [Baba]"

Carrey tells TMZ ... he's not upset with the city worker who painted over his work ... saying, "This gentleman has a job to do" ... but he adds, "I'm just doing my job now as an artist and putting it back up."

He adds, "They can take it down again if they want to and it's OK with me ... I'll even pay for it."

0908_jim_carrey_sub_swipe

Rob

Jim.... I know you will read this. You have so much to offer the world. You have a kind sensitive soul. You are so talented. We all hurt... we all get "off"... I am a stranger but I really care. People love you very much and it has nothing to do with your fame or money. Work on a spiritual connection... ask God or the infinite intelligence to reveal itself to you in a way that only you will understand... and create your own loving relationship.. you are loveable... warts and all... and a
Canuck! Peace .... I send you Peace... in your heart and soul.

Sam

jim Carey is one of the best actors! he is great at what he does. N Why Cant He Paint On HIS property.. ? I Would Do The Same As He Did :)

Leader of the ignorant masses

Someone has too much time on their hands. Put the can of paint away, stop lusting after teenage girls and get your ass back to making funny movies. And remember i specified FUNNY movies.

Crabbey

I love Jim Carrey. Was sorry to see him and Jenny break up. But I am a tad worried about his sanity. I do believe it's true that the greatest artists are a bit nuts - that's what gives them the edge over "normal" people. I hope someone is looking out for his welfare. Love ya Jim! And the art ain't bad. :)

PsyCho

He is tagging he own property....I guess im the stupid on, how is that bad!? but I guess so...

Baba

Interesting... Good reporting on this, but we still do not know what F.F.C. stands for??? Your TMZ reporter better go back and find out all the facts. I think Mr. Carrey has something to say...

Baba

yessir

"Ugh what kind of city officials have the right to touch somebodys private property? HE OWNS IT HE CAN PAINT WHATEVER HE WANTS ON IT!"

He doesn't own it. Know what you're talking about before you speak.

ElxVxis

I think he's just messing with you, haha

Gina

wow he looks old!

Elena

What is he famous for? He's tryin to be like charlie sheen. Not winning, only charlie can do it right.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4